Chapter 29

Christina's POV

Lauren's nowhere to he found in this house! Where the heck could she possibly be at? With her fractured leg and injured spine, she couldn't have run too far away from here. I'm almost certain that she's either at the beach or at the park.

"Okay girls, let's split up. Lisa, Dani, you're both coming with me to go look at the beach. Katherine and Amy, you girls go to that park about two blocks away from here. If we can't find her at any of those places, we'll call the police, alright?" I told my younger sisters. They all nodded and Katherine and Amy quickly rushed down the stairs and got out of the house. Lisa and I grabbed our crutches and made our way downstairs, with Dani close behind.

"Guys, do you really need your crutches? I remember the doctor saying that it's okay to walk on that kind of cast." Dani reminded us. Not too long ago, Lisa and I got our original casts removed and they were replaced by some special boot. Thanks to those boots, we can actually walk on it and move around freely.

"Oh, yeah! It's true!" Lisa said as she took her crutches and laid them down on the couch, while I did the same thing as her.

"Alright, let's go now! Lauren might be in danger!" I said. My little sisters both nodded and we walked to the beach. At one point, I started to get really scared because of the fact that we might get there a little too late, so I picked Dani up while Lisa took her crutches and we ran to our destination. Once we got to the beach, the place was so full. Oh my God, it's going to take forever to find Lolo Bean!

"Christina! We're never going to find Lauren in time!" Dani yelled, in tears.

"Wait! Look over there! I think that's Lauren!" Lisa shouted, pointing at someone. We all looked over in that direction and I saw a girl sitting on the sand, hugging her knees. She was wearing a cute outfit that seemed familiar to me. She was wearing what Lauren wore in our Believe It music video. Lisa's right. That IS Lauren!

"You're right! Let's go!" I ordered them as I practically ran to my little sister, with Dani on my back and Lisa behind me.

"Lauren! There you are! What are you doing here, by yourself?" I asked my little birthday twin, in a happy tone. I am just so glad that nothing happened to her. I waited for her to answer back, but she never did. She just stared at something, with a blank face. It doesn't look like she even noticed that we were there. I looked back at Lisa and Dani and they were glaring at Lauren, looking a little worried.

"Lauren?" Dani said, as all three of us sat down next to our sister. Once again, no answer. She just stared at the ocean, staying completely silent.

"Why'd you run away?" Lisa questioned Lauren, playing around with our sister's fingers. This time, Lauren did something. She looked up at us with tears in her brown eyes. She looked broken, pissed off, annoyed, upset, heartbroken, used, disappointed, betrayed. She was all of that.

"I'm tired of my life!" Lauren angrily snapped back her voice cracking and hoarse, and filled with rage. Oh... I really did not expect that kind of answer. And what does she mean by that? I really hope it's not what I think it means.

"What are you talking about?" Dani quietly asked her, concerned.

"I hate my life! That stupid disease, those freaking hospital trips, those haters, and those stupid ex-boyfriends! I'm so done with all of that! I can't take it anymore!" Lauren yelled, furiously, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"And that's why you ran away? Lauren, you have something called family. We'll help you get through all of this!" I told my younger sister. I've never seen Lauren have that big of a mental breakdown.

"I don't wanna live this life anymore." Lauren admitted, looking down at her hands.

"Everything's gonna be alright, Laur. We can help you, trust us. We'll make you happy. We can make you smile again." Lisa said, stroking Lolo Bean's hair.

"Music is going to fix everything." I added, causing all three of my younger sisters to look at me, confused. I sighed and looked into Lauren's eyes.

"Music will set you free from everything. It'll make you forget about everything for a while. Sing, you'll feel better." I said, holding Lauren's hand. She just kept glaring at me, but she then took a deep breath and started to hum quietly.

"You can take everything I have

You can break everything I am

Like I'm made of glass

Like I'm made of paper

Go on and try to tear me down

I will be rising from the ground

Like a skyscraper, like a skyscraper" Lauren sang after she hummed the first verse. Her lips then curved up a little bit. Lauren was smiling. A real smile was on her pink lips. It was the first real smile coming from Lauren that I've seen in such a long time. Lauren stared at the sea for a while before she looked back at us.

"Feeling better?" I questioned my baby sibling, a grin on my face. Lauren nodded and rested her head on my shoulder.

"Are you alright?" Lisa asked her, worried and concerned.

"I'm really tired. My leg hurts. My throat is on fire." Lauren answered back, her eyes closed.

"Wait, where are your crutches?" Dani said.

"I didn't bring them." Lolo Bean replied back, softly. She sounded exhausted.

"So you ran on your cast?" I asked my little Lauren. My now 15 year old sister nodded as an answer and she let out several deep breaths.

"Lauren, your knuckles are bleeding!" Lisa exclaimed, horrified. Yeah, she's kind of scared of blood.

"Oh yeah, did you see the broken window in our room?" Lauren said.

"Yeah." we all answered back at the same time.

"I broke it. I punched it." she said.

"Why would you do that?" I questioned her.

"I was mad and frustrated." Lolo Bean answered back.

"Alright.... so ready to go home?" Lisa asked no one in particular. We all nodded and I gently picked Lauren up while Lisa carried Dani and her crutches. On our way back home, Lauren fell asleep. I gave her a little smile and stroke her cheek with my thumb. It was a little hot. I think she has a fever again. I sighed and once we arrived at or house, we walked in and all of our siblings were waiting for us in the living room.

"You found her! Is she okay?" Katherine asked us, quickly standing up. My brothers got up from the couch and I laid Lauren down on it.

"She's okay. She just fell asleep, but I think she has a little fever again." I answered back. They nodded and then walked away, leaving me all alone with Lauren. I bent down and kissed Lauren's forehead.

"Thank God you're okay, Laur..."

Author's note: Here is chapter 29 guys! I didn't plan on updating this weekend, but my cousin wanted to help out with the story , so we got it done really quickly. This story's getting a little boring, sorry 'bout that, but good news is that I'm gonna write a third book! There's like three or four chapters left for this book! Anyways, hope you enjoyed this one :D

2 comments or more unlock the next chapter!