Chapter 13

Amy's POV

"Ames... I want to go see Mike and Lauren..." I heard Nick say. He has been awfully quiet, lately. That is so not like him. I looked at him and my heart just broke. He was in tears, pale, and he was hugging his knees. He was hyperventalating and shaking.

"Nicky, we will get down from here as soon as Christina, Katherine, or Lisa tells us that everything is safe." I told him, putting my hand on his knee.

"Are they going to be okay?" He questionned me, his cute little voice cracking.

"To be honest with you, I have absolutely no clue, Nick. Let's just pray and hope for the best." I answered back, sighing. He nodded as a response and looked out of our treehouse's only window. U suddenly felt my cellphone buzz in my back pocket. I pulled it out and checked the screen. It was a text. From Lisa.

"Amy, you and Dani come in the house NOW. Have Alex stay in the treehouse with the younger boys. Tell him that I'll text him when the boys can come in..." the text message read. I showed Dani the text Lisa sent and she started to clime down the trees. I then passed Alex my cellphone and as soon as he was done reading it, he nodded.

"Amy? Where are you going?" Christian asked me, his breath shaking.

"I'm going back in the house to see what's going on. You guys stay here, we'll call you when we'll be a 100% sure that everything is okay, alright? I'll see you all soon." I told my baby brother. I then got out of the treehouse and ran into the house to see Michael, Christina, and Katherine talking to the police officers and the paramedics, Lisa and Dani bawling their eyes out, and Lauren and Ryan nowhere to be seen. I took a seat next to Lisa and I felt my eyes watering, even though I have no idea what's going on and what has happened. I put my hand on Lisa's shoulder and waited until she has calmed down before I start asking her questions. I took the time to look at Dani and she had her face buried in her hands. I then looked at my three oldest siblings, and they seemed to have a pretty heated conversation with the policemen.

"Lisa? What happened? Where's Lauren?" I finally asked my older sister, who has apparently calmed down a bit.

"Lauren is in the ambulance, over there, fighting for her life." she answered, looking down at the ground. I did the same and noticed that the floor was covered in fresh and dried blood. Oh no, this can only mean one thing: my baby sister got shot.

"Where's...where's Ryan?" I asked Lisa, anger in my voice. I was ready to beat the crap out of him for shooting my precious and fragile little sister. Lisa then looked up at me and I guess she realized that I was going to beat the boy up, because a little smirk appeared on her face.

"He's dead, Amy. He shot himself." she answered back. Oh wow, I wasn't expecting that. You know, normally, people would be upset and crying over somebody's death, but I was actually quite glad that he's gone, now. I know, that sounds kinda cruel and rude, but hey, he neraly killed the same girl twice. But if Lauren dies because of Ryan, I will literally take Ryan's dead body and burn it on my own. Gross, huh? Well, he deserves it, even if he's not alive, right now! I saw Dani chuckle when Lisa said that the little imbecile is gone now. Wait, did Lisa tell me that Lauren is like, in front of our house and fighting for her life? Oh my gosh, I have to go see my baby right now!!

"Lauren! I have to go see Lauren!" I suddenly yelled, catching everybody's attentions, including the cops and the paramedics. The, I guess, leader or chief of the cops walked towards me and gave me a sad look, making me tense up and frown.

"Look, young woman, your sister in a very critical condition and she might not make it. I don't think that you're allowed to go see her unless you're older than 18." the policeman told me.

"I'm turning 18 in like 2 months! Please let me go see her!" I yelled.

"Amy, let it go..." Dani told me, trying to stay strong. Wow, what a tough little 12 year old. I wish I had her strength, right now. I then noticed that Christina and Katherine were no longer in the house, and that the ambulance that was in front of the house was gone too. Okay, what the heck just happened? One minute, they were in the room and the ambulance was right there and the next one, they just disappeared. Even the chief disappeared! This is way too weird. It's all happening way too fast.

"Amy, can you go get the boys out of the treehouse for me, please?" Lisa asked me. She seemed incredibly horrified and depressed. Well, I guess I understand her. It's always horrifying to see one of your little siblings nearly dead. I nodded and went to the backyard to go get the guys. I soon heard footsteps behind me. I turned around to see Dani walking in my steps, a cute little smirk on the corner of her lips. Oh my God, she is way too cute. She looked up at me and I could see her red and puffy eyes. My heart just kinda dropped when I looked into her big green orbs. She was scared, horrified, she was broken and hurt! It's so obvious that losing Lauren would simply kill her. I have never seen Dani so lost, scared, and horrified like that. It's so heartbreaking. I ran to my baby sister and pulled her in a loving and recomforting hug. She then started to bawl her eyes out. I stroke her hair and whispered kind words into her ear to hopefully calm her down. It is my turn to stay strong. For Dani, Lisa, Christina, Katherine, Mike, Alex, Christian, Nick, Joey, and especially for Lauren.

"Please Lord, make Lauren stay alive. Heal her, make her completely healthy again, like she was before. Please, my Father, save my baby sister. Please, I'm begging you..." I prayed in my head...

Author's note: Yay! I finally updated!! Sorry it took so long to get this chapter done, I've been so busy this past week! Really hope you all enjoyed this! This is not one of the best chapters I have ever written, but yeah... still hope you liked it! The next chappy will hopefully be up tomorrow, so stay tuned for that!

2 comments or more to unlock the next chappy!