Chapter 24

>four months time skip<

Miley -

"I absolutely hate myself." I mutter angrily as I throw another t-shirt on the bed.

"Why?" Harry asks, sitting up from the bed where he'd been laying moments before, reading some magazine.

"Because my clothes don't fit." I tell him as I continue searching through my closet.

"Let me guess, because you're fat?" Harry asks, smirking.

"How did you know that I was going to say that?" I ask, finally coming back out of the closet, hands on my hips, angry.

"Because that's all you've said for the last few months." He laughs, laying back down and he begins reading his magazine again.

"And who's fault is that?" I ask, plopping down on the bed beside him. He throws the magazine to the side and turns his head to look at me.

There's something about when he looks into your eyes, and you look into his, I don't really know what it is. But you feel as if you've been pulled away from earth and you've been placed in a world where you're safe from everything. Everything is going to be okay. And maybe that sounds weird, but it is true for me.

"Why don't we not fight over who's fault it is? Because I'd rather not have our baby referred to as a 'fault'." He says slowly, as he usually speaks but there's so much hidden emotion in his words. He means them. Very, very much.

"Sorry. I'm just...tired." I sigh, laying back into the mattress, staring up at the ceiling.

********

Miley's mom -

Any day now.

I think I'm going to be really relieved when they come get him. But right now, I'm afraid of what Harry and Miley's reactions are going to be when there are people at the front door to take Harry away.

I'm just so angry at myself for letting things get so out of control like I did. I was only trying to help the boy get settled back into society and instead I let my teenage daughter get pregnant and with a convict's baby.

I just wish I'd never even heard of Harry Styles.

********

Miley decided to stay home from school today, and she and Harry seem to have simply kept to themselves in Harry's bedroom.

It does bother me how much Miley seems to be dependent on Harry these days. She's always with him.

We used to be so close, and now it almost as if she hates me. I understand that she thinks she's in love with this boy, I was the same way when I was her age.

Our lives are so similar in that way. I was a teenager when my parents took in a boy who had been in prison and we ended up "falling in love" as we called it, and I ended up pregnant. He promised he would come back for me, but when things got tough, he was gone for good. I don't want that kind of heartbreak for Miley.

It's best to get Harry away from her sooner rather than later.

*********

Harry -

Miley was sleeping peacefully on my bed, wearing my t-shirt which look really cute on her. It's kind of weird seeing her five months pregnant. But it's also really sweet and cute.

I simply don't understand why Miley's mom doesn't like me. I mean, I get that she was mad when Miley became pregnant. Miley is her daughter, she's only 17, and in her mom's eyes she's still a little girl. But I know she knows what she wants and that we're in love. I don't understand how she doesn't see that.

The sound of a car pulling into the drive brings me out of my thoughts and I walk over to the window and look out to see a black car and a white car parked in the drive. A couple gets out of the black car and a woman who's dressed very professionally gets out of the white car.

What's going on?

"Harry! Can you come down here please?" Miley's mom calls from downstairs and I check to make sure Miley didn't wake up from the shouting before quietly sneaking out of the room.

I hurry down the stairs and can't ignore the nagging feeling that something terrible is about to happen.

Once I walk into the kitchen, I know why that I felt that feeling. The professional-looking woman who had gotten out of the white car is a woman i'd seen before. She was the one who had it arranged that I would come to this house.

I looked around and saw the couple who had gotten out of the black car. A husband and wife, I'm guessing by the gold bands on their rings fingers and the fact that he's got his arm around the woman.

I know what's happening now.

They're taking me away.