Chapter 17

Harry -

I fucked up. Big time.

Miley and I were finally getting somewhere and I had to ruin it. Why couldn't I have just kept my mouth shut? Why do I always do this?

After I said what I did to Miley this morning, I saw it in her face. She was mad at me. And not just a little mad. It was like watching all the trust she had in me just slip away because I said one word that didn't fit for the occasion.

I told her I was sorry, and she said it was okay, but I know it's not. And I don't know how to make it up to her.

I walked her to school, which did earn us a few weird looks, but I don't give a damn. As long as I know that Miley made it safely to her school, it's one less thing for me to worry about.

**********

Once I'm back at the house, I realize that we never did lock the door like Miley's mom told us to. Thank goodness, because I wouldn't have had the key to get back in the house.

I walk upstairs to my room and lay down in bed. Memories of Miley laying by my side all night flash through my mind. If only I hadn't tried to be smart this morning, this bed could have had many future adventures.

It's not that I just want Miley in that way, I do, but more than that I want to be her protector and best friend.

I find myself gripping the pillows for dear life, hating myself, and wishing I hadn't gone and ruined everything this morning with Miley.

I need to forget.

I hadn't felt "the need" for a while, but it was coming back to me with a vengeance. I needed drugs, right then and there.

I jumped up from the bed and began searching the house for any change. Wether it be dollar bills or pennies, it all got me a little closer to being able to forget it all.

But I'd cleaned the house out. The price had gone up, according to the dealer, and I had next to nothing. But I still had that one batch coming to me, if I could only find a few more dollars.

I went to the kitchen and began searching in jars, and cabinets for secret hiding places. Surely they hid some cash down here. I searched and searched until I grabbed out a jar filled with loose change, including several one dollar bills. Surely they wouldn't miss all this.

*********

Miley -

"My the party is Friday night. That way we can all stay up late and sleep in the next morning." Louis whispered as we walked down the school hallway.

More like fought our way down the hall, since everyone was fighting to get out of the damn building, seeing as how school had just finished for the day.

Liam and Sophia rushed to okay side as soon as I set foot outside the building which ever kid hates. Louis still stood close by, now with Eleanor at his side.

"What were you and Louis whispering about?" Sophia asks, struggling to pull Liam's arm off from around her shoulder.

"Oh, he's having a party on Friday night. Wants me to come." I honestly tell her.

"Cool! Louis! Hey, can Liam and I come, too?" She smiles as if her charm would work in Louis.

"Oh, yeah! I was actually gonna ask you two, but I hadn't gotten around to it yet." Louis laughs, and Eleanor playfully punches his arm.

"So, I guess we're all headed home then." Liam sighed, and everyone agreed.

"See you guys tomorrow." I waved and headed for home. I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that harry hadn't come back to walk me back from school. I wanted him to, I really did.

Yes, he made me feel really mad and stupid this morning, but now that I've calmed down from that, I really miss him. I know he can't always help what comes out of his mouth after a year in a filthy prison. And I flew off the handle when he said the "f" word about us this morning. It really made me feel like I wasn't special to him, like I was just going to be a casual...well, that...to him.

Maybe I was also kinda pushy the other day when I was all over him. I didn't want to rush into something like that, but it was like i'd lost all control. And I am glad Harry had stopped me.

But it didn't mean that I didn't want him that way. Because I do. Now I sound like a hormonally-crazy teenage girl.

It's hard to describe.

I love Harry more than anyone ever. And I want to show him that, but I also don't want to risk being hurt by him. What if one day he decides he's tired of me and I've given him everything precious I have? But how else can I show him that I love him as much as I do?

Finally coming up to my house, I remember that I never locked the door this morning! How could I forget that?!

I walk inside and am relieved to see everything as it was this morning. Thank God.

I put my backpack in my room and change out of my school clothes, before my mind wanders to where Harry could possibly be.

"Harry? I'm back!" I call out, but worry when I get no reply.

I run back downstairs and search every room there is, before doing the same with the upstairs before I come to the conclusion. He's gone.

*********

Harry -

I stuff the small plastic bags down in my pockets and head for the house. By now Miley should be home.

And I should have walked her home.
But she's probably still mad at me from this morning. So I'll let her keep her space away from me. Maybe it's better this way.

I guess I knew it would happen. I told myself to keep away from her because I would do this. I knew I'd ruin it.

I light my first joint and breathe deeply. I just need to forget.
___________________________

Ta-da! New chapter!!

Thanks for all the reads, votes and comments! Love you all so much for that!

Please comment and let me know what you thought of this chapter! Thank you!!!!

Also, what do you think of the new cover? Should I switch back to the old one?