Chapter 25

I don't want to have to say this....but this is the last chapter of this story. Please read it and enjoy it. And be sure to read the authors note at the end!

Miley -

"Miley? You okay? You've been kind of out of it all day." Eleanor calmly says, leaning closer to me in order to be heard over the music.

Here I sit, at Liam and Sophia's wedding. It's been two years since I woke up to find that mom had simply gotten rid of Harry.

I've never heard from him since.

"I'm okay. I'm just so happy for them." I lie, meaning Liam and Sophia as we both watch them dance across the dance floor.

I am happy for them both. Though I can't say that I think everything is okay between the two of them. There's been a weird tension between them. But who am I to talk about relationships?

The only relationships I have is with my friends.

The day I was able to, I moved out. I couldn't stand live with my mo after everything she's forced me to go through the last two years. There were too many painful memories in that house, anyway.

The day I met Harry, the day we kissed, the day I became pregnant with our baby, the day I woke up and Harry was gone, the day I decided to put my baby up for adoption, the day I came home from the hospital without my baby. It's all too painful to remember.

"I'm just worried about you. You hardly ever smile anymore." Eleanor pulls me from my thoughts.

"I'm really okay, El. You should be worrying about Louis over there, drinking more than he should." I joke as she's quick to run after her fiancée. Yes, louis and Eleanor are engaged.

It seems that everyone has found their better half. Everyone except me.

********

I left the wedding reception early, not feeling like watching everyone happy and smiley when I feel like I do.

I unlock the door to my apartment and I'm quick to get out of my fancy dress and heels and change into pajamas. A glass of wine, and late night TV shows to be my only companions.

*******

Harry -

"Why you dress 'dis?" I look up from the book in my lap to see Chloe sitting on the living room carpet floor, holding up her pants I'd just changed her into.

"Now why are you undressing yourself?" I ask, as I kneel on the floor in front of her and gently lift her up, keeping ahold of her with one arm and picking her pants back up with the other.

"Daddy, you 'umber." She pouts and I honestly cannot understand what she's saying.

"I what?" I laugh as I struggle to get her to let me put her pants back on.

"You 'umber. And bluher atty!" She squeals and busts into a fit of giggles afterwards.

"You're absolutely crazy!" I laugh as I tickle her, only for her to squeal louder and laugh even more.

When we've both calmed down a little, I push her curly hair to the side to see her green eyes staring at me. I don't understand why she looks so much like me. I mean, I know that she's my own daughter, but she looks like a mini girl version of me. It's kind of weird.

"Daddy, mommy no?" My smile fades, I just can't smile when Chloe talks about her mom. She's probably never even seen Miley before. The man told me that Chloe was taken from her mother at birth, so it's unlikely that either Chloe or Miley have ever laid eyes on each other.

To be honest, I was very surprised when I found out that Miley had given up our baby. I thought she was going to hold on and wait for me. Then, we'd love together and get married and everything like that. But when I was able to love my own life and I found Chloe, I didn't know what to do. Did Miley ever want me back? She gave away our baby, why would she do that if she cared about us?

Life's a confusing ride, isn't it?

"Daddddyyyy! Boop tee!" Chloe giggles and hides her face behind her hands, while smiling widely. Her green eyes peeking out from between her fingers to see me looking right back at her.

"Your going to have to be more clear." I tell her as I settle back down on the couch again, going back to reading my book.

"Um booppee!" She giggles from her spot on the carpeted floor.

"Nope." I tease her, pretending like I can't hear her.

"Dundee." She says calmly and more carefully.

"Nope."

"Dundree." She says quickly.

"Nope."

"Hundree?" Close enough.

"You hungry, baby?" She widens her eyes and giggles loudly, clapping her hands together.

"Well, let's go get you something to eat." I pick her up and carry her into the kitchen, raiding the fridge.

********

"I no leep, daddy. Imma wanna go pay." Chloe says, as I lay her down in bed.

"No, you can't. It's bedtime and I've got work tomorrow." I tell her as I pull the covers over her.

"Why?" She asks, looking up at me with her wide eyes.

"Because that way I can keep you. And that way you can grow up to be healthy and happy am you won't ever have to have any problems in your life." She smiles sleepily and then closes her eyes slowly. She's asleep.

I make my way to my own bed and lay down staring at the ceiling. Deep down I know I can't keep Chloe from ever having troubles in her life. But at least I intend to do everything within my power to keep her from having to love the kind of life I've had to.

I close my eyes and let sleep take me over.
___________________________

Okay, that's it!

I want to apologize to anyone who thinks that this is a crap ending. But..........there will be a sequel!!!

IF......you guys comment and tell me you want me to write it! Because I want to make sure that it will be read. Okay?

So it's the end of "Convict"! What do you all think of the story? I know there were parts that were weak, rushed, boring and so on and so forth. But this is the very first story I've ever written before and I want to thank everyone who has read, voted, or commented on this story.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!