Chapter 2

Yes, another update. This one is totally shitty, I know! Please comment or whatever and tell me if you think it's okay, if not, tell me what I need to work on, please!!!
This story is coming along kind of slowly, but once I get deeper in, I've got the storyline planned out a bit more, honest I do! So please read this and let me know what you think! Thank yous!!
___________________________

Mom managed to get Harry to his room and I'm guessing he got settled in. I wouldn't know, because I've been downstairs mentally preparing myself to spend the next few months living under the same roof as the world's biggest jerk. Thanks mom.

"Miley, we need to talk." I look up from my lap to see my mom standing there.

"Oh, I agree." I scoff, making it obvious I'm hating this so far.

"Let's go outside, please." She walks out the door, and I follow her, closing the front door as I step out into the porch. I'm greeted by the early Fall wind bringing in the colder weather.

"I know he seems-" "Impossible to deal with?" I interrupt mom, who sighs and rubs her temples.

"Let me finish." She says calmly, though I can't tell she's angry.

"Harry is seventeen, he was arrested for taking illegal drugs and he had them in his possession. He's served a year. His parents are dead. He's been in over ten foster homes in the last four years. He's got anger issues. He's on medication to keep him calmed down. And...he's a piece of work, basically." She sighed loudly. I could see in her face she was regretting bringing him home and I felt her pain.

"We just need to be here for him, okay?" That was the sentence that surprised me. I thought she was about to say she was going to return him or something. Maybe tell me that it's okay to hate him, I don't know. But I wasn't expecting that.

"He's a jerk, mom! I can't live in the same house as him! I go to school with people like him, and you know what we call them? Bullies! No way he's staying. No way." I crossed my arms over my chest defiantly and leaned back against the porch railing.

"Miley, it's only for a short while. I promise you that, okay?" I could see mom begging me with her eyes and she already looked exhausted from the few short minutes that Harry's even been here.

"Mom, please just take him ba-"

"Where's the damn bathroom?" Harry practically growled as the door opened and he appeared, looking angry as ever.

"Up the stairs and first door on your left." Mom explained and harry nodded and shut the door. Disappearing inside once again.

I opened my mouth to finish the sentence when the door flung open again, and Harry walking into the porch.

"What's going on? What're you two out here talking about?" He asked quickly, and I swear I saw fear behind his eyes for a moment. But, it seemed to disappear as fast as it came and his green eyes looked harshly at us both once again. The vulnerability of fear becoming well-hidden behind his walls.

"Just stuff." Mom answered, and I literally rolled my eyes. 'Just stuff'? Really mom?

"Like what?" Harry asked, crossing his arms and looking between me and mom like a dad would look at his children when they'd been misbehaving.

I saw mom opening and shutting her mouth, trying to come up with another lie, and knew I had to save her. I grabbed Harry's arm that was tightly crossed over his chest and pulled him behind me as I opened the front door, bringing him back inside.

"For goodness sakes! If you have to use the bathroom so bad, I'll just show you where it is!" I grumbled as I continued to lead him up the stairs and to the bathroom door where I released his arm.

"There!" I waved towards the bathroom door as he raised an eyebrow at me.

"You and your mom don't fool me for a minute. I know when people are talking about me." I only blinked at him as he glared at me. As if that's going to scare me. He may be gorgeous, but going to push me around? No way in Hell.

"Okay Mr. Hotshot, if you've gotta go, you'd better go." I rolled my eyes and tapped my foot.

"I don't have to use it." He smirked. And at that, I rolled my eyes and started walking away. Fed up with his stupid attitude already. I headed for my room, which unfortunately was just across the hall from Harry's new room. As I reached for the door handle I heard him ask..

"Hey, by the way, are you lesbian?" I slowly turned around and raised my eyebrow.

"What? No. No, I'm straight." I informed him. Curious as to why he'd ask that. I barely know this boy and he already is asking about my sexuality?

Unfortunately he smirked once again. I knew what that meant.

"Oh. Okay. You're cute, by the way."

That was not what I was expecting him to say.