Chapter 9

Harry -

My head hurts. I feel warm. My hands sure as hell hurt. There's an annoying beeping sound in my ears. And when I open my eyes, there's this dumb light shining right in my face.

Slowly, I open my eyes again. Letting my eyes adjust to the lighting. And boy, I can only imagine how wide they open when I look around.

There's a glass wall with blinds down, splitting open just enough for me to see a desk and nurses walking around. What?

I'm definitely not in my room. And I'm not in prison. This looks like...

When I look down at my hands I see why they were hurting so much. Wires and other stupid medical-looking stuff was stuck in them, attaching me to all these weird machines with crazy lights and stuff.

...I'm in the hospital.

Last time I was in a hospital, was after what happened with my cell mate...happened. And so, yeah, I'm freaked out.

Memories of that day and what happened are ones I really don't want to think of.

Also, when I was left at a hospital. Nothing I want to remember right now.

Suddenly the door opens and in walks a...I'm guessing a nurse.

"Well, you're awake. How do you feel?"

How do I feel? I don't really know. My hands hurt, my head hurts...but everything else feels warm, yet numb.

Drugs. I've felt this way before many a time, due to drugs. They've given me drugs! Thank God in Heaven! These people are so nice to me, it's not even funny. I can't believe my life is this perfect.

"You might feel a little dreamy right now due to what we've given you. We've had to give you quite some strong stuff to help you feel better." She started messing around with the machines with crazy lights and stepped away from them, looking down at me and smiling.

"There. You should feel more in tune with yourself soon." She continued her smile that all nurses seem to always have. They must learn that at medical school. Because they all have that same f**king smile!

I only continue to look around the room, wondering why I'm here. How I got here. Why I'm here. Oh, did I already say that?

********

My eyes slowly open and I quickly realize I'm not in the same bright room with the glass wall.

I'm in what looks like a much more normal hospital room. No more crazy machines with stupid lights, not as many wires connected to me, and the drugs have worn off. Damn.

The room is also a bit darker, and i'm grateful for that.

I turn my head to see the whole room and freeze when a girl with short blonde hair is staring at me.

"How long have you been sitting there?" I ask, genuinely curious. Surely she's not one of those creepy people who love to stare at other people while they sleep. I hope not, anyway.

"Sitting here? Only a few hours. But I've been here at the hospital for five days." She shrugs her shoulders like its nothing.

"I could have sworn you just said five days." I manage to get out.

"I did. We brought you in, you passed out and you've been asleep for 5 days." She explains and my head spins. I've been asleep for five days?!

"Five days? What's...what's wrong with me?" I ask her, though I'm kinda afraid of her answer.

"Nothing too serious, really. You caught a hell of a cold, and on top of that you've got really bad athsma. It just hit you too hard. But you're getting better now. You're coming home tomorrow." Her eyes light up when she tells me that last sentence and I wonder why she'd be happy I'm going home.