Chapter 22

Miley -

I sat in the chair next to Harry's bed. It's been a week since the accident. A week never felt so long before.

It was being what is now a normal day with me and mom and at home, when the hospital called and said that Harry was showing signs of waking up. I haven't stopped shaking since that call.

Now I sit here, waiting for Harry to wake up.

Mom had dropped me off, saying she had business to attend to. I know what she meant. Ever since she's found Harry and I in bed together, she's been trying to get him transferred to another foster home. That has not made this week any easier for me. And when Harry wakes up, I have to tell him about the other reason this week has been made even more horrible.

It hurts me just to watch Harry sleeping in the hospital bed. Wires and tubes in his hands and arms, his skin so pale and bruised, and his eyes shut keeping me from seeing the beautiful green that they are. I miss him.

I don't see why the doctors think he's about to wake up. He seems exactly the same as he has been every day this week whine I've come to sit with him.

I settle myself as comfortably as I can in the chair and close my eyes, trying to catch myself a nap while I wait for Harry to wake up.

*********

When I open my eyes, a pair of green ones are looking into mine. The beautiful green that I've been missing for a week.

I want to throw myself on him. Hugging him tightly and crying, telling him how much I'd missed him. But I can't. I'm too afraid of messing up his wires that connect him to machines, and causing him more pain than he's already in due to broken bones and such.

But the tears are something I can't control right now and they fall down my face as I very gently hug Harry as best I can. And though Harry's right arm is in a cast from his palm to his shoulder, he still manages to put both of his arms around me, pulling me close. And closer. And closer.

"Harry, I'll end up hurting you." I whisper when he continues to pull me closer.

"I don't care. I want to hold you." He mumbles against my my neck where he's kissing. I've missed everything about him. His eyes, his voice, his touch...

When we finally do allow ourselves breathing space once again, I sit back down in the chair, pulling it closer to the bed. Harry turns his head so we're facing each other and he smiles as he stares at me. And I do the same to him.

"How long have I been out?" He asks.

"A week today. You were in an accident, do you remember?" I ask.

"Yeah. I'd just come out of the store. I was heading back home." He says, scrunching his face up as he tries to remember.

Him saying that takes me back to the night of the accident. When the ambulance took Harry away and Louis handed me a shopping bag.

(Flashback)

I watched the ambulance rush away, lights and sirens fading into the distance as it carries Harry away.

"Miley, Harry had this." Louis nearly chokes on his words as he hands me a shopping bag. As I reach out to take the bag from him, I notice how badly both our hands are shaking.

I hold the bag open and search the items inside. Condoms, birth control pills, and...pregnancy tests?

My mind is sent into an even bigger whirlwind now. Why did Harry but pregnancy tests?

(End flashback)

"Harry, do you remember what you bought from the store?" I ask, curious if he can even remember.

"Yeah. Why?" He asks, suspiciously.

"Why did you buy pregnancy tests?" His face pales slightly and he lets out a sigh before clearing his throat and answering.

"I lied to you. I told you that you couldn't get pregnant on your first time-"

"Well, I know you lied about that." I interrupt.

"I know, but......what?" His eyes search mine almost frantically before settling and he looks up at the ceiling.

"Oh, God..." He sighs, and then looks back over at me.

"You're pregnant?" His voice is deeper than usual and he looks nervous.

I nod my head and avoid eye contact.

"Does your mom know?" He asks. And I nod.

I couldn't hide my symptoms from my own mom who's a trained medical professional. It wasn't possible for me.

"Shit. What does this mean? For us?" His eyes search mine again and it's my turn to let out a sigh.

"Mom wants me to get rid of it. She says it'll ruin my life to have a baby at suck a young age. She's...she's trying to get you into another foster home." I carefully say the last bit, afraid of his reaction.

"She doesn't want me around you, does she?" He asks, while staring at the ceiling.

"Harry, it's not just you. She doesn't trust me."

"Do you want it? The baby, I mean?" He still stares at the ceiling.

"I don't know. This wasn't supposed to happen, Harry. I don't know what I want to do." I truthfully answer his question.

"I don't want you to have an abortion, Miley. I've seen girls have those and they blame themselves for killing their own babies for the rest of their lives."

"She's seventeen. It's not her decision what happens." My mothers voice creeps into the room and I turn to see her walking into the room with a nurse.

Never before did I ever imagine that I would hate to see my own mother. We had always been the best of friends and now it felt like she was the enemy. An enemy I hated with all my heart.

I saw the hateful glares my mom was giving harry and the defeated look in Harry's eyes. It broke my heart to see him look so done. So broken.

Mom was the one who said we needed to give him all the support we could. She said he was really a nice boy. Now she thinks he's a poison.

"You can't force her to have an abortion, though." Harry mutters loud enough for everyone in the room to hear.

"I'm considering a lot of things, Harry." Mom says as her reply to the broken boy in the hospital bed.

The nurse checks on Harry, making sure everything is okay before walking out of the room, leaving me, my mom and Harry together.

"Look you two, this isn't easy for me. Miley, you're too young to become a mother. And Harry, I think you're a nice boy, but I don't want Miley to have your baby. It's not what I had in mind for her future. It's going to be different than mine." She explains and I jump out of my chair in anger.

"Let me live my own life!" I shout.

"You're going to end up just like me, Miley. You'll think he'll stay and he'll say he will, but he won't! He's a convict, Miley! What made you think it would be a good idea to become pregnant with his baby?" Mom shouts back, sounding much more mature about her outbursts than me. Damn.

"I didn't mean to get her pregnant." Harry jumps into the conversation.

"Well, she is." Mom rolls her eyes and sighs, annoyed.

The silence in the room is enough to make anyone go insane before mom decides to speak up again.

"I've filled out the papers for Harry to be assigned a new foster home."