Chapter 14

Miley -

"You're telling me that you've got a date with Luke? Like, the same Luke you went out with last Saturday?" Louis asks, reaching across the cafe table for the salt.

"Yeah, that Luke." I roll my eyes. Since when would I have known another Luke?

"Do you like him?" Eleanor asks, before sipping her ice coffee.

"He's fun, he's nice, he looks good." I truthfully admit. Though I still feel that pang of guilt when I say it.

"She didn't ask you if he looks good and all that, El wanted to know if you like him. As in want to spend the rest of your life with him." Louis laughs, shaking way too much salt on his food.

"It's a little early for that, Louis. But, I think I like him. That's why I'm going out with him tonight, duh!" I laugh back, finally taking the salt away from him.

"Does Harry know you're going out with Luke?" Eleanor asks, suddenly looking a little nervous.

"Who cares if Harry knows. He's not her boyfriend or anything, it's got nothing to do with him." Louis nudges Eleanor with his elbow. If only Louis was right.

"Just saying, he always seems so dangerous whenever I've seen him. He really scares me." Eleanor looks back down at her plate. And Louis wraps his arms around his girlfriend.

"That's why I'm never going to let him near you, baby. So you don't have to be afraid." Louis nuzzles his face against hers.

"Goals!" They both look across the table at me, as I laugh at them two. Being all lovey dovey.

"Hey, you and Luke will be doing it soon. Just watch." Louis laughs pulling back away from his girlfriend.

Maybe Luke and I will be like that one day. But I'd rather it be Harry and I.

*********

After breakfast with Louis and Eleanor, I head home to plan out what I'm going to wear tonight for my date. Would you really call it a date? It's more like...getting to know each other, really.

The moment I'm inside the house, moms voice can be heard.

"Miley? Is that you?"

"Yeah, mom!" I shout back, before hanging my jacket on the coat hanger and heading upstairs.

I head to mom's room where mom had called me from and look in to see her laying several outfits on her bed.

"What's going on?" I ask, curiously as she walks into her closet over and over again.

"I told Tom I would go on that date. It's tonight." She nervously laughs while randomly grabbing clothes off their hangers.

"Really? That's great! I've got a date tonight as well!" I smile and sit on her clothes-covered bed.

"Oh, that's...wait, what about Harry?" Say wha?

"What about Harry?" I ask her, confused. Like, really confused.

"Well, he'll be all alone in the house then."

"Okay, so? He's been here alone before, mom. It's nothing new-"

"I know. It's just that...well, lately he seems...off. You know? I don't want him left here all alone." For real?!

"But, it's fine. I'll just tell Tom that we'll have to reschedule-"

"No! No, look I'll...I'll tell Luke to just come over her tonight and we'll watch movies and stuff. You are going on that date, you deserve it after putting up with Harry all week while I was in school." Maybe Luke won't mind staying in at my house tonight.