Chapter 10

Harry -

"I think that if you keep learning all this as fast as you have been, then after Christmas break you should be able to come to school with me again." Miley tells me and smiles from her seat across from me at the kitchen table.

She's cute when she's being a teacher. Not that I like learning, but it does make it easier when you've got a really cute teacher.

She puts the papers aside and gets up from her seat and dogs around in the fridge.

"Mom texted me and said she'd be late getting home." She tells me, bringing over a half-empty box of cold pizza.

"How was school today?" I sound really stupid when I'm trying to make conversation with her.

"It was okay. Zayn and Justin were giving Liam and Sophia a hard time, though. It's weird because it's not like they're the only engaged couple in school." She rolls her eyes and takes a bite out of her slice of pizza.

I'd forgotten that she'd told me about two of her friends getting engaged.

"Someone needs to kick these two idiots in the-"

"Whoa! Hold up, Harry! You need to watch your language." Miley laughs, having interrupted me.

"Thought you'd learned your lesson about letting me finish my sentences." Her eyes widen and she sets her pizza down on her plate before sighing.

Wait, did I just upset her?

"Sorry." She says quietly and suddenly the silence between us gets increasingly awkward.

"Miley, it's okay-"

"No, it's not. If I had just listened that day, you wouldn't have-"

"Let me finish." I stand up from the table, looking down at her.

"No, let me finish first. I should have listened and I didn't. It's my fault you ran off and it's my fault you got so sick. If I'd just my mouth for five minutes none of that would have happened." She says quickly, standing up also.

And we're inches away from each other's face. I can hear her heart beating. I can stare right into her eyes. I could lean forward and kiss her...

"I'm just trying to say sorry." She whispers.

Damn it, don't whisper. It's too seductive when you whisper.

"Don't." And now I'm whispering!

"I think I need to...go do something." She stutters out and walks away, leaving me breathless.

We were so close...and she whispered...it's too much for a guy to handle.

_____________

Miley -

I don know what happened yesterday. What happened between me and Harry. Something happened when we stood so close together, looking into each other's eyes.

I wanted to kiss him so bad. Like really, really, really bad. Which is why I ran off. I had to get away from him before something happened, like a kiss.

Why don't I just kiss him? Because he doesn't want me. Maybe he sees me as a friend these days, but he doesn't want me like I want him.

He made that clear the day that I did kiss him. He wished it hadn't happened. And he didn't want it to ever happen again.

But he doesn't seem to hate me for it, which leads me to think that he sees me as a friend who is also teaching him everything he missed out on during his lost years of school.