Outside The Lines {9}

Start from the beginning

                “Why would any girl ever want to sleep with him? He’s hideous!” I said.

                Well, that wasn’t entirely true. I had to admit, I could kind of see what Thalia meant when she called him attractive. If he didn’t have that stupid purple fohawk, his hair would be a nice, light shade of brown. And if he wore normal clothes, he could probably look like a model, what with his tall, firm body structure and his frosty eyes.

                “I heard he sleeps around with guys too,” Oliver said.

                “I heard that too,” Alek said with a nod.

                The image of kissing Dimitri rose in my mind, and I hastily pushed it back. They didn’t need to suspect that I possibly had feelings for Dimitri.

                “Who cares? As long as we keep him away from Thalia, I don’t care if he has sex with a friggin’ leprechaun,” I said.

                “Leprechauns aren’t really my taste, little Theodore.”

                I pinched the bridge of my nose. “You’re giving me a headache, and you’ve said one sentence Dimitri. Go away.”

                “Worried I’m going to try to get with Thalia?” he asked, sitting on the edge of the table and watching me with a smirk.

                “Nope. Because if you do try to get with her, we’ll make you regret it,” I said, pointing at Oliver.

                “Oh, I’m so terrified,” he said, studying his nails, which were still covered in glittery black nail polish.

                “Oh, go suck a dick,” I said in annoyance.

                Dimitri’s smirk got wider as he switched his gaze from his nails to me. “Does it bother you that I’ve had male partners, little Theodore?”

                “I don’t care who you’ve slept with. Just stay away from us,” I said, glaring at him.

                “Now, that’s a bit rude. I just wanted to grace you with my presence for the period,” he said, reaching out and stroking my cheek.

                I blushed and slapped his hand away, backing up hastily. “Go away and leave us alone!”

                Dimitri didn’t say anything. He just let his hand drop back to his side and continued to smirk at me, a knowing look in his eyes.

                “Can’t you take a hint? He wants you to leave him alone. We all want you to go away,” Alek said, quickly growing irritated.

                “Little Theodore, your crush is quite rude,” Dimitri said, chuckling.

                “Because having sex with people and then breaking their hearts is polite as hell,” Alek grumbled.

                “Still on about the Zoey thing? It was a wonderful time, but she insists on making me out to be the bad guy,” Dimitri said with a sigh. “Tragedy, I suppose. Not my concern anymore. Anyways, I have some things to do over there, so goodbye little Theodore and his charming crush.”

                He hopped down from the edge of the table and moved back over to his friends. He sat down and instantly became engaged in conversation with one of the guys there.