AE: soulmates ~ part 3

I haven't heard from Connor at all for the past few days and I have been losing my mind but then I get a text from Tyler. It says that he is in Australia for his tour and Connor is staying with him in their hotel. He also says Connor didn't want him to tell me so I can't contact Connor in any way or he'll be mad at Tyler. I ask him if Connor is okay and Tyler replies "No. But he will be... Eventually."

Now that I know Connor is safe I decide to take a walk to calm my mind. There's something about the fresh air in my lungs that makes me feel better instantly. It's kind of weird that it bothers me so much but on the other end it's logical; Adam and I belong together but that doesn't mean I don't care about Connor at all anymore. He's a good guy and I want him to be safe.

I'm not heading anywhere specifically but somehow I end up at the coffee shop. Images are flashing through my mind from the day that Adam and I met up here months ago. The flirting, the laughter, the kiss... Suddenly I miss Adam and I realise that fate has brought me here so I decide to text him because I know that I need to talk to him... I can't just leave him in the dark for so long.

Me: Hey Adam, I was just going on a walk and I somehow ended up in the coffee shop. You know, our place. I thought maybe you could stop by and we could talk? I'm thinking about you.

After a few minutes I get a reply.
Adam: K, I'll be there in 10.
I wait not so patiently for him and he arrives after 8 minutes, two minutes early.

I was not prepared for the huge increase in my heart rate, he looks like a mess and it's so goddamn sexy. His hair is all messy and he looks like he just threw on some clothes and went out of the door. How does he do that?

I stand up to greet him but when he tries to kiss me on the cheek I dodge him. I might want to give us another chance but I don't want to move too fast. 

Adam goes to sit down awkwardly and then he asks me "What is it that you want, Troye?". I think about the question for a while before I answer because I want to give a good answer and then I say " I want to be happy, with you preferably. I want us to be together and work for it to work out. As in, really work for it. I want to try for us to go back to where we left off" He nods in agreement and then smiles at me. "What?" I ask him. "Oh it's nothing, I'm just happy to have you back" he blushes. I grab his hand and I know everything will be okay. We'll make it, together.

~

*a few months later*

I wake up to an amazing smell; it smells like eggs or something. I know I'm right when I see Adam coming in with a plate in the corner of my eye. "Wake up, sleeping beauty! I made you breakfast" he says with a smirk on his face.

I giggle and sit straight up (with some difficulty, since, you know, I'm gay) and he hands me the plate. "You're the best" I say looking him in the eyes. And I mean it too; he used to be so unstable and just a troublemaker really but we (and especially he) have been really making an effort for eachother and to make things work and now everything's just... perfect. I love Adam and he makes me happier than I could've ever imagined. While I'm eating the amazing breakfast he prepared for me it's silent but it's not an awkward one, it's peaceful. These are the kinds of Sundays I always had in mind for us and now we have them. Maybe we'll go to the park today with our dog and have a nice picknick, or maybe we will stay at home and watch some films and cuddle on the couch. But I don't really care what we're doing, as long as Adam is by my side.

Oh and about Connor; he's doing great. We recently started talking again and he told me all about his new crush in this band called Years & Years and he seems to be over me so I'm happy for him. I think we can be friends again.

I left the blue neighbourhood, but deep inside I have always known I had to come back.