4 ~ the BBQ

It is summer, and it's even hotter than usual here in Australia. I haven't seen Adam for a while because he was on a vacation with his parents but now that they're back our parents decided to reunite with a BBQ.

I'm really looking forward to it. Obviously I like the food but not seeing Adam for so long wasn't that much fun. I've mostly just been locked in my room playing video games for the past two weeks. A year ago I would see no problem in that but since I have met Adam I have never really felt content being alone anymore. Being around him just makes me happy.

~

My mom comes into my room and says that we're leaving and I quickly turn off the game and go downstairs with her. We step in the car where my dad is already waiting for us and off we go.

It's a 5 minute ride to the beach but we go with the car because if we would walk we would already have passed out by the time we reached our destination, summers in Australia are unbearable.

As soon as we step onto the beach I see Adam waving enthusiastically at us. At first I'm walking but when I'm near him I can't contain my excitement anymore and I start to run. When I'm in front of him he tries to say hi but he fails because I tackle-hug him and we fall in the sand on top of eachother giggling. I love seeing his smile.

"Adam, get up. Now." his dad commands passive-agressively. "You look like little faggots." Adam gets up and my dad gives him a weird look. I don't know what a faggot is but I decide to ignore it.

*3 hours later*

After playing for hours and catching up with Adam we return to our parents. When I look at Adam I start to giggle. "What is it?" he asks me. "Your hair, it looks weird! Climbing that tree must've done it. Wait, let me fix it for you." As I tuck his hair behind his ear and put things into place I accidentally touch his cheek and I feel a spark going through me. Before I can process what happened I feel a hand on my cheek and a burning pain, and after that the hot sand in my face. I'm on the ground.

I hear my dad yell "What the hell, Jack? First calling my son a faggot and now this?" as he helps me up and protects me with his arms. When I get up I see Adam with a shocked face standing beside his dad. "Come on Troye, we're leaving. And don't you dare think I'll ever let you come near my son again!" He takes me with him as we walk away and my mom silently follows.

When we're in the car my parents won't stop asking me if I'm okay, and I keep telling them yes. I'm not really thinking about my hurting cheeck, my main concern right now is if I will ever see Adam again.

"See, Laurelle , I told you. His wife may be harmless but he isn't. We will have to stay away from that toxic family from now on. Sorry Troye, but no more hanging out with Adam." and as he says that I feel tears welling up in my eyes. Life is not fair.

A/N; wow, long chapter this time! did you like it? for once I'm kinda happy with my writing so hopefully you are too :) this is a quick update and I hope more follow since I have a lot of inspiration right now. next chapter there'll be a huge time jump so prepare. see you in a couple of days! and btw; right now I have 17 chapters planned out if you wanted to know, it may become more tho but just an indication