AE: soulmates ~ part 1

A/N; heeey! so here it is, the alternative ending :) it starts when Troye returns to Perth (so at chapter 19 so if you need to refresh your memory you can go back and reread it). hope you enjoy!!

*a few days later*

Reuniting with my family was great. I've never been apart from them for 2 weeks before and they, the overprotective parents that they are, have definitely had some sleepless nights fretting about my safety. They would never tell me that, but I can tell.

So me coming home resulted in a lot of hugs and "I love you"'s and I gladly told them every little thing about how amazing Connor was but soon my eyes started to close and I had to go to bed. Tomorrow was the funeral and I got more nervous every minute that it was getting closer. Even though Connor has been more than amazing these past few weeks I don't know if I'm prepared to see Adam again.

*the next day*

My mom helped me put on a suit (which took literally ages) and now I'm here, at the cemetery. I see a lot of people already standing there and I quietly chime in and stand across from Adam. I see his hand intertwined with Emily's who's standing next to him and I feel the excruciating pain in my chest that I was kind of anticipating. I guess I haven't really moved on yet. But what did I expect? That I would get over him, someone that I've known for so long, in the time span of weeks? Unfortunately it doesn't work like that.

I thought I loved Connor but I feel very nauseous looking at Adam and Emily together. I stay for the main part of the ceremony but after a while I need some space and decide to take off. I sit down on the concrete somewhere nearby and I get so lost in my own thoughts that I don't really notice that someone is standing next to me until I feel his hand on my shoulder. I look up, see the beautiful familiar face of Adam and feel my heartbeat go faster. Connor is amazing but Adam still manages to drive me wild.

"Hey, Troye..." he starts awkwardly. "I was wondering if we, could like, talk about some things" he says as he sits down looking down, not daring to look me in the eyes. "Go ahead" I respond with a trembling voice. God Troye calm down, you're over him remember? Adam realizes it's not the time for small talk and he gets straight to the point.

"It kills me not to be around you Troye. My life is falling apart right now and I need you. I still love you and I never stopped doing so. I didn't break up with you because you were an "experiment", hell no. Even though we were only together for maybe a week those were the best days of my entire life. You remember the time my dad hit you, well he is still like that. He made me break up with you, Troye, he threatened me. I never wanted to break up with you. He wanted me to stop being gay and to be normal, that's why he forced me to be with her. I saw how much it was hurting you to see me and her together but little did you know how much it hurt me that I was doing that to you. Troye, the odds have never been in our favor. But now... my dad is dead, and our obstacles are gone. I'm ready for you, for us. I promise you that this time it will be different. I promise to love you forever and not let anything stop us from now on. I promise to be your sunshine instead of your thunderstorm this time. So, what do you think?"

I have tears in my eyes by now. He never wanted to break up with me? His dad is still an abusive dickhead? He still loves me? I didn't sign up for this at all but he seems so genuine. He can't just come into my life again when I'm working on repairing my heart, but deep inside I feel that I still love him too and I need him just as much as he needs me. His vulnerable speech gives me the sudden urge to grab him and kiss him. My head says no but my heart says yes and you know me, I always listen to my heart...

Without thinking through what I'm about to do I grab him and kiss him and at first he's in shock but after a few seconds he starts to kiss me back and I felt it. The passion and the love that I had missed so much over the past few weeks. It feels so wrong but it also feels so right at the same time. Too good to be good to me, too bad that that's all I need.

After we break apart and are back in the real world I realize something. Shit, what am I going to tell Connor? I realize I said that out loud when Adam asks me "Wait Troye, who's Connor?". "I-I'm sorry..." I mumble as I start to run away. "Troye, wait!" I hear Adam screaming vaguely but I don't respond. I can't respond. I need to be alone and think about this for a while because I am in serious trouble.