18 ~ the news

Connor and I have been well. More than that actually, great. He makes me happier than I ever thought I could be, happier than I ever was with Adam. My relationship with Adam was based on secrets and it was bound to collapse at some point. With Connor there are no complications; just pure and simple love.

When we had spent a week at Dan and Phil's we felt that it was time for us to leave. I thanked them for all of their support and hospitality. Connor and I didn't want to leave eachother yet so he invited me to come to Los Angeles with him for a while, until I was ready to return to Perth. I hoped that day was far far away.

But then the email came. It was just a normal sunny day in LA and Connor was in a meeting so I was alone at his home. I was just checking my emails when I came across one that caught my eye;

From: adamjaybrown@hotmail.com
To: troyemellet@gmail.com

Topic: funeral

Hey Troye... I know we haven't talked for a while and we aren't on exactly great terms but I felt like I needed to inform you, I owe you that. Sadly, my dad passed away last Tuesday because of a sudden heart attack. His funeral is in three days and I have no idea where you are or if you'll see this in time, but consider this your invitation. We aren't talking but you have known my dad for a long time too and you should be able to come. And if you want to, I'd really like to talk to you about some things.

Adam

After reading the email I just sit there for a while in silence before I feel tears welling up in my eyes. I love Connor, but the past still hurts like a bitch.

Suddenly I hear the door slam and Connor's familiar voice saying "I'm home!". I stay silent because I don't want him to know I'm upset about this. After a few seconds he says "Tro, babe, where are you?". I try to dry my tears but kind of fail at it. "I'm h-here in the living room" I finally respond, still sobbing.

He comes into the room and when he sees the tears streaming down my face and my red puffy eyes he sprints to me and pulls me into his arms. I love that about him. He doesn't ask me what's wrong yet because he knows that when I'm ready I'll tell him.

After I've calmed down a bit I start to talk. "Adam sent me an email. You know, the guy who broke my heart. I'm over him, I am. Please believe me. Him messaging me just brought back a lot of memories... He told me his dad has passed away last Tuesday. The funeral is in three days and he invited me to come." I see Connor with a shocked expression on his face. "It's okay, really. I don't want to go back yet and it'll be hard but I have to. I need to process what happened properly and let go of my past. The past few weeks have been amazing with you but I can't commit to you fully unless I let my past go first."

"But... I can come with you, right?" Connor asks me, but I think he knows the answer already. "Sorry Con, but no. I love you and I want you to be by my side but not now. I need to do this on my own, I'm sorry" I answer. "No I totally get it, I just don't want you to go already. Who knows when we'll see eachother again..." he says sadly. I kiss him because I can't stand seeing him sad. "Don't worry Con, we'll find a way" I whisper.

We decide to watch a movie and after that I start packing for my flight. In the early morning the next day I'm leaving.

*at the airport*

My suitcase is ready and I'm completely sure I have everything but I'm still super nervous about going home. It feels weird calling Perth home; I feel like Connor is home to me now. I don't want to leave him but I have to and there's no going back now. After the typical dramatic couple goodbyes and kisses I take my suitcase and head to baggage claim.

A/N; the last chapter of october! it is so crazy to think that I started this on the first of october and I just hit 1k views! I'm so so grateful that people on here are reading my stuff and you guys are like supporting it even though I know a lot of the chapters really suck and idk I just feel really happy that I started this. I'll definitely continue writing once I'm done with this story (which will probably be within a week). I kinda just started this with no experience but I felt myself getting better with each chapter, I think so anyways. I'm really excited to keep writing stories and improving my writing and I hope you'll read my future stuff and like it just as much or maybe even more than this one.

I'm acting like the story ends here but it doesn't but okay it will soon and I just wanted to say something about it being a month and hitting 1k okay

k bye

Mylou xx