Epilogue ~ 2022

A/N; I feel like I have to apologize for the delay... so I'm sorry. I did write this a week ago but to be honest, I wasn't really happy with it. I thought about not uploading it and just leaving the story but I felt like that wouldn't be fair to you guys and some of you will probably still enjoy this chapter. I might still write the alternative ending if you guys really want me to tho, but I also kind of want to move on from this story. I don't feel really happy with it anymore but idk if you want more I'll deliver. So here you go, an epilogue to end this story for good. I hope you can get through without cringing too much and maybe even like it. It kind of doesn't make sense at all but whatever.

*a year later*

Today is Dan and Phil's wedding day and Con and I are on our way now with Zoe and Alfie. We're very excited because we all know Dan and Phil very well and how much they love eachother. They have been together for so long now and it's about time they get married. Speaking of long, it's now been over a year since Connor and I got together. We have been more than great and we have been making a lot of effort to keep seeing eachother a lot. I can really see a future with him, I love him and we are a perfect fit just like Dan and Phil.

We arrive in our fancy suits and Zoe in a beautiful dress at the wedding location and Louise immediately comes running towards us. "CHUMMIE!" she exclaims enthusiastically  as she sees Zoe and they hug eachother tightly. Their friendship is so wonderful to see, they really are best friends in it's purest form. Next she gives Alfie a brief hug and then she comes to us. "Guys, I haven't seen you in so long! You both look absolutely stunning!" she says in a genuine way. "Come here you little munchkin!" she says as she pulls me into a hug. She can be a little overwhelming at times but she does always make me feel welcome and comfortable. After she has greeted Connor and we have chatted with some of the other guests we take our seats.

~

The wedding was absolutely beautiful. The way Dan and Phil look at eachother is honestly what love looks like to me. They have such a special connection and to be there when they are united by law is such an amazing and overwhelming thing that I might've shed some tears. But now the emotional time is over it's time to party.

Dan and Phil have chosen us amongst a lot of their other friends to help pick the music, so there's something for everybody. After an evening full of dancing and talking and just overall having fun I choose to sit down for a bit with some punch and look at the beautiful night sky.  Connor comes to sit next to me after a while.

"Beautiful isn't it?" he says quietly "Friendship, love, dancing, stars... This is like the perfect night." I agree noddingly. "Yes, but not as beautiful as you" I say in a flirty but genuine way and he blushes, God he's too adorable. "I am a bit tired though, I don't think I'm going to dance any more." I say but then I hear LYSB playing and I know I can't escape this one. "Really Troye, not even this one?" Connor smirks. He knows I have a weakness for this song since I'm a big LANY fan and one of our best memories together is when we were at their concert and during this song we kissed again after a rough time. We hadn't seen eachother in a while and we had had some arguments but then Connor bought us tickets for one of my favourite artists and we sorted things out. That kiss is forever engraved in my mind since it always reminds me that whatever happens to us we need eachother and are willing to fight for eachother because we love eachother and we are meant to be.

"Well... Maybe..." I tease him. "I really am tired Con!" Connor decides to step up his game. He says in a posh voice "Can I please have this dance, mr. Mellet?". I giggle and say "Okay mr. Franta, but only because you asked so nicely". He smiles, takes my hand and guides me to the dance floor.

We dance for a while but then Connor suddenly stops. "Can I have everyone's attention please?" he says and the music stops. I don't know what he's doing and what's going on so I just start there kind of startled until Connor starts a little speech.

"Hi everyone! My name is Connor Franta if you didn't know and just like all of you I'm a good friend of Dan and Phil's and I'm really happy for them that they finally got married. It's about time right guys?" everybody cheers. "So this adorable little guy right here is Troye Sivan, who I think most of you know since he's killing it in the music industry right now." I hear that a lot of people recognize me and I feel myself getting a little bit red. "Well, I am lucky enough to call him my boyfriend for over a year now. And what most of you don't know was that we actually got together because of Dan and Phil. So a huge tribute to Dan and Phil!" All around us people clap and cheer for the married couple. "So because of Dan and Phil I met this amazing young man right here and he changed my life. Before I met him I was actually depressed and I wasn't in the best state, also because I was struggling with coming to terms with my sexuality. After meeting Troye my life changed drastically and I became a better and happier person. The song you just heard is actually a very special song to me because it reminds me of the amazing love Troye and I share. Before I met Troye I always used to be jealous of Dan and Phil's relationship, don't lie you probably have been at some point too. Their relationship is just such an outstandingly wonderful thing to see. The unconditional love, the never-ending passion, how much they need eachother, how much they fit together and most of all; how they never give up on eachother. I used to be jealous of that, but you know what? I'm not anymore, because I have found the own Phil to my Dan and he's standing right next to me." I feel tears forming in my eyes, I'm so lucky to have Connor.

He then surprises me and basically everyone else in the room by going down on one knee and pulling out a right out of his pocket. Everyone around me gasps and I can't even comprehend what's happening.

"My dearest Troye Sivan Mellet, my soulmate, my sunshine, my companion, my inspiration, the reason for my transpiration; will you do me de inexplicable honour of marrying me?"

Without me noticing tears have welled up in my eyes and everybody around me went from giggles and admiration to holding their breath. Without a doubt I say "Yes! Yes! A million times yes." and he hugs me and we kiss passionately. Everybody around us starts cheering and I couldn't be happier if I tried.

~

After about half an hour of congratulations my heart rate has finally calmed down a little bit. After we have said goodbye to Dan and Phil and the rest it's time for us to go back to our hotel. I'm really tired so when we're finally in our hotel room in our bed I lay my head on Connor's shoulder. "Hey Troye" Connor says. "Yeah?" I mumble half-asleep. "Guess I won't ever have to call you mr. Mellet anymore huh?" "No... I guess not." I giggle and he kisses me on the forehead. " "Goodnight my most adorable fiancé, I love you" he whispers softly into my ear. "I love you too..." I tell him as I drift away into the most peaceful and content sleep possible.

A/N;

seriously tho thank you so so much for reading this story it means THE WORLD to me. this is the first thing I've ever written and I know it sucks so it amazes me how much you all supported it and I recieved like no criticism at all.

special shoutout to these peeps for being amazing; floralbookworm kethanyxtronnor MysticWolf1028 wordcatcher

how do you feel about this ending? what did you have in mind for it? it was probably 100x better than this lmao

oh and as I said earlier I might do an alternative ending soon! if you guys really want me to I will at least. it will probably take a while tho because I will probably post it all at once, so be patient please :)

Mylou xx

ps do u guys like LANY because I'm obsessed