Chapter 15: School Trip

As Tom and Quinn stopped playing their footy game, they sat down panting catching their breath.
"Quinn, how was the date?" Tom asked after a moment.
Quinn looked down at his trainers and smiled. "It was amazing."
"Oh, so what did you and Janice actually do?"
"Well I bought her a pizza first then we watched the film and then..." Quinn paused.
Tom stared at him expectingly.
"Then what?"
"Um, I kind of confessed to her that I liked her and it turned out that she knew what I was going to say and she liked me back." Quinn explained to Tom.
"Really? Then what did you do?" Tom asked.
"Well, then, I kissed her."
"Your joking me?"
"Nope."
Tom now had a big grin on his face. "Did she kiss you back?"
Quinn nodded.
"So are you two, now like....you know...an item?"
"Yeah, we are." Quinn replied happily.
"Good for you mate." Tom smiled.

A few weeks later
"Katie I'm really not happy about this." Katie's mum said as she brung Katie's sleepover bag into the living room.
"You can't stop me from going mum and plus the pains has stopped now so I'll be fine." Katie sighed helping her little sister put her shoes on.
"What if you fall and hit your head on something."
"I won't mum, stop stressing and you agreed to this anyway!"
"Yeah, only I got pressured into doing it." Katie's mum complained.
Katie collected her sleepover bag, "right I'm going mum."
"Wait aren't you going to wait for your dad to give you a lift?" Katie's mum asked.
"No! I'll walk!" Katie yelled slamming the door behind her.

"Hey Jan wait up!" Quinn shouted as he ran up to Janice down the corridors.
She swooped around, "hey Quinn."
"So you excited for this school trip?"
"Staying in a massive house that could possibly be haunted, yeah I'm looking forward to it." She said sarcastically.
"Well especially if your there I will love the trip even better." Quinn commented slinging his arm around her.
"Awe thanks Quinn." She smiled and leaned in before they were rudely interrupted by Mr Fisher.
"You two be in my room in 5 minutes." He ordered.
"Yes sir." They groaned as he walked off.
"Well that crushed the moment," Quinn sighed, "come on we better find the others."

After Mr Fisher talks to everyone about where they're going and the rules they must follow they all soon clamber on the bus and head towards their destination.
Tom takes a seat next to Katie and gets his phone out. "We could take great pictures you know, and try and capture a ghost, that's only if Mr Fisher doesn't confiscate our phones."
Katie didn't say anything, she stared motionless outside.
"What's wrong?" Tom asked her.
She turned her head. "I'm still ill Tom."
Tom stared at her in shock. "What?"
"I'm still ill, it was my appendix I'm just refusing to have it taken out." She whispered so no one else could hear.
"What?! Katie, are you mad? You have to have it taken out, your going to get sick." Tom warned.
"Yeah, everyone keeps telling me that, mum, Kelly and Clara and now you." She said frustrated.
"Wait, how long did Clara know?" Tom asked.
"She's only known for a few weeks." Katie told him.
"So you could tell her but not me?!" Tom snapped.
"She could tell that I was ill, I panicked, I had to tell her the truth." Katie confessed.
"But you can trust me Katie....what you don't trust me now do you?"
Katie didn't say anything as she started tearing up.
Tom shook his head, "spectacular." He mumbled turning his head away from Katie.

"Welcome to Birchwood Manor!" A spritely voice said as everyone walked into the dark big house.
"My name is Ms Spooks."
Quinn scoffed, "Ms Spooooooks"'
Everyone laughed.
"Quinn!" Mr Fisher snapped signifying him to shut up.
"Now we'll have task sheets to help you find certain objects around the house." Ms Spooks explained handing everyone sheets.
"What! That's rubbish! I thought it was a school trip." Quinn complained.
"It is, but obviously there's got to be some education while we're here." Mr Fisher explained.
Everyone groaned.
"Now can everyone please get into groups for me." Ms Spooks asked.
"We'll be a group." Tom said as he came next to Quinn and Katie.
Katie stared down at the floor, her and Tom hadn't spoke since the argument they had in the bus earlier.
Tom took her by the hand and led her away from Quinn and everyone else. "Look, I'm sorry about earlier I shouldn't have said anything."
"It's fine." She muttered then looked up and smiled at him making him return it.
They walked back to Quinn to see Janice standing there beaming a big smile.
"Um, Jan's gunna join our group. Is that alright?" Quinn asked.
"Yeah that's fine." Tom replied.
Katie didn't say anything but stared at Janice coldly.

An hour later
"How the hell are we meant to find this?!" Quinn said pointing out the object on the sheet and the complicated riddle at the bottom.
"I dunno, it must be around here somewhere." Katie said looking at the marked areas on the map.
"How about we split up." Tom suggested.
"Yeah I'll go with Tom and Katie you go with Jan." Quinn said.
Katie's eyes widened.
"Wait, no wait a minute."
"See you later." Quinn yelled as him and Tom ran downstairs.
Janice turned to face Katie, "guess it's just you and me then."
"Oh yay." Katie muttered sarcastically.

"Yes! I think I've found it." Janice squealed in excitement pulling an old object out of an old chest.
Katie rolled her eyes leaning her back against the wall folding her arms.
"Your a good actress you know." Katie said after a moment.
Janice looked up, "what?"
"You fool everyone else but not me." Katie said coldly.
Janice smiled as confusion swept across her face. "I don't know what your talking about."
"Oh I think you do, Tom told me about the date between you and Quinn." Katie explained.
"Yeah, so?"
"So, what's gunna happen then, your going to act all nice and then just stab him in the back."
Janice stared at her, "Katie why are you being like this?"
Katie walked up to close to her, "your trouble Janice."
Janice smirked, "and what proof have you got of that exactly?"
"I don't need proof soon you'll slip up and everyone will know what your really like." Katie snapped.
"I doubt that." Janice said pulling her a dirty look.
Katie stared right through her icy blue eyes.
"Well, you better watch, because I know poison when I see it."