Truth or Dare: Chapter 8

Start from the beginning

“You know,”  he continued to say, ignorant to my obvious ways of getting away from him.  I was practically pole vaulting over benches and knocking people over.  “If you need help, you can just ask me.”

“I don’t need your help.”  For some reason, this guy really got on my nerves.  Maybe it was the fact he wasn’t bad looking but had such a high self-esteem about himself.  I mean, seriously, who goes off and tells a random person they are sexy right from the start.  How does his head manage to not explode?

“Honestly--”

I turned around and scowled at him cutting him off.  “I don’t need your help.”  I repeated, then stomped off.  That was definitely not a good start to my first day.

Luckily enough, he got my oh-so-subtle message this time, and he didn’t follow.  Feeling thoroughly irritated, I pushed my way through more hordes of students, ignoring any calls out to me.  Finally, I wandered into a vacant hallway that seemed safe enough.  

Taking out my backpack, I fumbled around for the school map, groaning as I realized I must have left it at home.  Chastising myself, I realized I should have just sucked up my pride and took advice from-- 

I mentally slapped myself as I realized I never even gotten his name.  Despair overwhelmed me as I wandered through the vacant corridor.  For some reason, this hallway was completely desolated, but I had no intention of going back to the crowded main area.  Finally, I saw a slight glimmer of hope as a girl with brown hair walked out a classroom door and disappeared around the corner.  I ran to catch up to her, extremely relieved that no one had to witness me attempting to run with a backpack on.  The moment I turned the corner, my mouth dropped open as I gawked at the scene that was in front of me.  There was my savior talking to the guy I met earlier in the hallway.  Groaning, I turned back around the other way hoping that they didn‘t see me.  There was no way I was going to face him again.

“Hey you.”  Just my luck.  I ignored his comment turning the corner back into the empty hallway.  Suddenly, someone grasped me by the shoulders, and I jumped slightly at the touch.

“May I help you?”  I grinded my teeth, turning around to face the guy from before. 

“Actually, I was about to ask you the same thing,”  He smirked.  

“Knock it off, Ethan.”  The girl who was suppose to save me appeared from behind him.  With both of us glaring daggers at him, I’m surprised he didn’t just drop dead from fear.

“I’m just having a little fun,”  Ethan complained, taking his hands off my shoulder.

“I don’t know what your definition of fun is,” She ignored him as he waggled his eyebrows suggestively.  “But it sure doesn’t match mine.”  Then she turned to me.  “Hey, I’m Evelyn Garcia, and this is the school‘s biggest jerk at the present, Ethan White.  You’re new here right?”

No, I’ve been magically invisible for nearly half a year.  

“Yea,”  I responded, deciding to let my sarcasm die down a bit.  “I’m Kylie Verita.”  I stared at Evelyn trying to get her character type.  Her brown hair, slightly curled, hung down a little past her shoulders.  She was dressed in navy blue skinny jeans with a light blue sweater.  Her skin was tanned, and her eyes were wide, brown, and heavily lined with black eyeliner.  She had a stunning smile that I felt immediately jealous of.

“So, she talks to you and not to me,”  Ethan sighed unhappily, leaning against the wall, arms folded.  “I’m normally the friendly outgoing type, and Ever here is the meek and ever obedient follower.”  I raised an eyebrow at him.  Very egotistical.

“Ever?’  I echoed.  “And friendly?”  I snorted in disbelief.

“Yea, you can call me Ever.  I don’t even remember how I got that nickname, but Ever or Evelyn, either works for me.”  She shrugged nonchalantly.

“You got the nickname cause you are an ever-so-annoying person,”  Ethan piped in.  “Besides, I am friendly, Kylie.  If you got to know me better and actually talked to me, you would know.“  Ever and I ignored him.  She smiled happily at me, and I returned it right away.  It seemed we both agreed on one thing.

“So, since you’re new, I’m guessing you’re looking for the front office?”  Evelyn guessed correctly.

“Yup.”  I nodded, paying no attention to Ethan’s pouting face.  I followed Ever through the hallway, with Ethan constantly pestering both of us.  

“I don’t see why you can’t accept my generosity.”  Ethan complained for the twentieth time.

“I can’t see why you can’t stop talking.”  I responded for the twentieth time.  I don’t think he ever got the hint I was trying to send, despite how amazingly obvious I made it.

“Here you go.”  Ever said, as we arrived at the front office.  

“Oh.”  I stared at the door blankly.  “This is it?”  The door was located on the wall towards the middle area of the courtyard.  There was a clear sign above it that said ‘Front Office’.

“What’s the matter?”  She asked concerned.

“Well, I passed this door already.”  I paused just as the bell rang.  Briefly I eyed Ethan‘s smirking expressions warily, “Ten times.” 

************************************************************************************************************

Yea, yea, I know.  I've been meaning to post only one, at most two, chapters a day, but I sort of got carried away.  Anyways, enjoy all these postings while you can.  I might end up posting once every two or three days, since I ran out of prewritten chapters... but who knows, maybe if I get more comments and votes... WOW I'M MANIPULATIVE!  

Any thoughts on Ethan or Evelyn?  Good/bad/ can't tell?  well probably can't tell, but tell me what you think ^-^ I love to read opinions xD

As I always end up saying: VOTE (for Watty Awards PLEASE), COMMENT, AND FAN!!! 

~Laura(XxIcyxX)