Chapter 30 -I Love You

Mulai dari awal

"I love you so much." She choked out, slamming her lips against mine. "Now let's go home so you can take this dress off me."
*****
"Jon where the fuck did you go last night? Q was furious at you so I had to make up some ridiculous story about how you and Nat ate some bad seafood and were sick, but there's no way he believed it because he knows you hate fish and that Natalie doesn't eat it." Patrick screamed, stirring his coffee at such a quick pace that the liquid splashed onto the counter. He cursed under his breath, slamming the spoon he was using onto the counter.

"Hey buddy, what's going on?" I asked delicately, placing my arm on his back. He looked up at me and my heart instantly broke into a million pieces. Sitting next to me was my best friend who I'd never seen cry, except today. Today he looked up at me, his eyes a crimson red and his face flushed a deep pink.

"It's all over, Jon. She doesn't love me anymore." He choked out a sob and I instantly pulled him in for a hug. My shoulder was wet almost instantly, but that was the least of my worries.

"Are you sure?" I whispered, squeezing my best friend tightly. He didn't speak, but I could feel him nodding against me. "Do you want to talk about it? Or Natalie could I'm sure she wouldn't mind."

"No Jon, you're my best friend. I need to talk to you." He cried out again, angrily wiping the tears from his cheeks. I dragged him to the back of the house where we had an outdoor patio set and sat him down on the couch next to me.

"Okay then talk. From the beginning, Patrick."

"I'd told her that the event last night was just for the staff and players just so I could hang out with you guys and Brandon before everyone left for the summer, but then Q was screaming at me because you guys left and so did Hossa. So I called Amanda to vent because that's what we always do. That's what we did. But she got so mad that Natalie could come and she couldn't, so I lied and said her and Q were really good friends which isn't really a lie, but she screamed at me anyways because Chaunette called her to ask why she wasn't there. Then I went to her place to try and apologize, but she'd already packed up all my things and said we were over. She just kept screaming at me Jon about so many different things. About how hockey was ruining my life, how I was an alcoholic and how I always loved your girlfriends more than her, which is bullshit for the most part. But it's over Jon, it's really over."

He'd stopped crying. Maybe it was because he'd run out of tears or maybe it was because he realized how crazy Amanda was acting. But I was greatful for his lack of crying no. For some reason I'd felt guilty for their breakup. I know it was bond to happen eventually, but it was my fault for it happening now.

"You can come to Winnipeg you know. You're always welcome, my family loves you Patrick." I offered. Truthfully I didn't want him to be alone in the city. He would do something stupid like he always did.

"I'm going back to Buffalo." He whispered, playing with his hands. "Today. Can you give me a ride?"

"Um yeah, let me just go grab my keys." I rushed inside to find what I needed. Keys, wallet, phone. There was a suitcase next to the door with a backpack sitting on top. Had it been there the whole time? How could I have missed that? By the time I'd found everything I needed and said goodbye to Nat, Patrick was in the car. We drove silently to the airport, only speaking when I asked what time his flight was at.

"Noon." He'd responded and that was that. I pulled into the back of the airport where security usually let us in. Patrick was already halfway to the doors by the time I could grab his things and turn off the car.

"I'm gonna miss you, bud. Call me when you land." I pulled the emotionless boy in for a hug which he weakly returned.

"Thanks Jon, for everything. I mean it."

"Be careful out there. Don't do anything stupid, okay?" And with that, Patrick was off for the summer.

I am so so sorry that I haven't updated but life's been really busy this past week. Like I had 4 tests and 2 quizzes, 3+ hours of AP Sem homework every day and an annotated book due on Thursday. Plus I went to the Luke Bryan concert and I had my schools first playoff game on Friday (we won btw), and then it was Halloween and I wasn't home all day so yeah I'm super sorry I haven't updated. But now I'm back to regular updates so expect one sometime this week. Also happy November everyone! October was legit the shortest month ever what even happened.

Also psa if any of you wanna talk hmu because I need more friends that understand hockey because it's miserable only having 2 that get it.

Q: Will the Candiens continue to dominate without the love of my life Carey Price?

A: Yes, they're amazing even though they sent down Tokarski (what a mistake)