Chapter 24

•Charlie's POV•

I didn't sleep for a second last night. I'm sitting in my bunk watching the sun come up and holding the ring I gave jade when I proposed. I can't stop crying and I know my eyes must be really bloodshot.

I'd tried to get into the back lounge, but it's locked and she's clearly not opening it for me.

I made the biggest mistake of my last night and I don't know how to fix it. I was completely drunk, I never would've hurt her if I wasn't, she needs to know that.

I get up and put the ring back in the black box in my pocket before walking towards the back of the bus.

I hear soft sobs coming from the room and try and fail again to open the door.

I sit down on the other side of it and picture what she must look like in there, hurt, sad, angry.

Rightfully so.

I think of her slender figure curled up on the couch with her red nose and puffy eyes hidden behind her small hands while she cries because of me.

My heart feels like it's constricting and I hate myself for hurting the only person I've ever loved.

"You're my everything," I whisper as I try to choke down a sob.

"Oh, didn't know you would be sitting there," Dylan says as he gets out of his bunk and just misses me when he jumps down.

"I wish you hit me," I say quietly and bring my knees to my chest and my head in my hands.

"Jordon, would she really even love you if she wasn't hurt by you cheating?"

"It was a mistake," I choke and tears start to stream down my clothes.

"Prove it," he says and turns into the kitchen.

"Jade," I say through the crack in the door and, for a moment, the crying seems to come to a stop. "I love you so much. It was all a mistake, you're all I care about."

I hear a few small coughs but no answer.

"You should move," Mattie rolls his eyes when he almost hits me getting out of his bunk too.

I guess the guys don't forgive me either, and it makes me a little happy, as weird as it sounds. To me, it means they think Jade is one of us, and they're mad I hurt one of us. They've really accepted her into our group and the band.

I stand and walk into the washroom, not wanting anymore judgemental looks and just wanting a room to myself.

•Jade's POV•

"Jade," I hear Jordon's shaky voice through the door and I try to stifle my crying to hear him. Even though I'm heartbroken, I'm forever curious. "I love you so much. It was all a mistake, you're all I care about."

I don't believe him anymore, and how am I supposed to marry someone I don't trust?

I hear Mattie tell him to move and footsteps from the other side of the door. When I think the coast is clear of Jordon, I open the door quietly.

I notice the bathroom light on and move past it to the kitchen quickly, finding Mattie and Dylan.

"Oh, hey guys," I say, voice raspy from crying.

I didn't want to see or talk to anyone, I was hoping they'd gone back to their bunks after talking to Jordon.

"Hey, Jade," Mattie says and hands me a mug of coffee.

"You get any sleep last night?" Dylan asks.

"Nope," I say flatly and take a drink from my cup.