Chapter 20

•Charlie's POV•

It was early morning when the boys came by the hospital to see Jade and I and I appreciated the fact that they actually woke up for it.

After they went to the waiting room to talk about what to do to Kyle and I talked to Jade about later, I went to a nurse to finally tell them that Jade was awake and wanted to get her tests done.

By the time they rolled her into what I guess was the testing room and I kissed her goodbye for the day, it was about noon.

"So," George says as I meet up with them in the waiting room and we leave," what are we doing about this?"

"I realized something when I was talking to Jade and she said something really important. She said that, if he was going to do this, he would've done it whenever he got the chance. He was obviously following us to get to her," I clench my fists, "and I'm pretty sure that means there's a strong chance he planned long term," I say.

"Meaning?" Mattie asks.

"Meaning I bet he knows our future dates too, like tonight," I emphasize.

"You think he'll be at our show?" Dylan asks, surprised.

"I'm counting on it."

They all look at me like I'm insane, but I don't care.

We finally step out of the hospital into the crisp breeze and I'm sure none of us really know where we are. I'm not even sure where it is that we're playing the show tonight, but I know that it's going to be the first place we canceled because of the assault. Then tomorrow is the LA one we canceled, and then the one we were supposed to play tonight in Arizona is going to be in three days on what was supposed to be one of our days off just so we can be back on track with our tour. Instead of two days off in a row, it's just one now, but I'm glad. I really despise missing shows.

I sigh at our busy schedule and the guys all turn to look at me on the sidewalk.

"What?" I ask.

"What's wrong?" Danny obviously worries.

"I'm just thinking about how busy our next few days are going to be, is all. And tonight is going to be the hardest."

It'll be bad enough playing a show knowing Jade is hurt, but either before or after the show, Kyle is getting the shit beat out of him.

"Jordon," Dyaln calls my attention back, "you zoned out."

"Just casually planning murder," I say.

"You're not alone," George says tensely, "how is this douche getting it?"

"I want to hurt him," I say calmly, and I think it freaks out Matt a little. "No one touches my girlfriend."

"Do you think he'd be stupid enough to just show up after what he did, though?" Dylan asks.

"He was stupid enough to do it in the first place."

"Very true, but she was alone. He knows there's six of us."

"Then it makes it six times easier, what's the problem?"

"I'm just trying to think," Dylan says, "like, do you think he'd show up before or after?"

"We'll find out, won't we?" I say and walk back in the direction of the bus. "What the fuck happened in here?" I ask as I choke on the hot-boxed bus air.

"We've been worried for three days," Jorel shrugs, "it makes you go through a lot of weed."

"I'm touched," I snort sarcastically. "How much time left before the show?"