Intro

Damn, it's bright out. Anyone who knows me knows that I am never up this early. It's about ten in the morning and I'm tired as hell. I probably look like it too.

I didn't even get to wake up and grab a beer, or grab rear, I think to myself, somehow making myself smile through my exhaustion. I was forced into a bit of a speed walk when, what I assume to be the daily morning rush, but how would I know, started picking up their pace.

I may be tired, and let's face it, more than just a bit hung over, but I know when someone's attractive. I'm usually pretty good at telling whether or not someone's worth my time by a two second look.

Plenty of girls are walking by me in their work clothes - typical pants suits or dress clothes even though they must only been around 20 - but none I find interesting. I start to turn the next decaying brick corner of the broken city of Los Angeles without a single idea of where I even want to go. Finally, I think when I spot a beautiful girl leaning against the wall I'm passing. She's gorgeous.

Even though it makes me feel like a total coward, I keep with the rush of people, taking the time only for a last glance before I pass her. She's tall, 5'7 maybe? Wavy black hair falling mid-back in a shiny, rocker but still gentle sort of way. She's definitely not the scene girls you know well. She's wearing a band tee 'Hollywood Undead' and light blue jeans. I laugh aloud once I see the shirt and I realize several people have turned and looked at me because of my outburst. She seems incredible; the shirt, the sexy way she seems to carry herself, confident looking but not cocky, even her height is nice. Now you just sound like a tool, Jordan, I tell myself. I mean, shouldn't I be out dancing, finding a girl who's barely half as attractive as this girl, and taking her home? A gorgeous girl on a public street would definitely be something new for me. I'm not usually the type of guy to worry about rejection, granted most of the women I meet are either desperate, a fan, or just thought I was attractive or something. I don't know. This one seems different though. Sure, I already know she likes the band, but she just seems so delicate aside from the band tee style. Like glass you didn't want to let slip through your fingers.

I was so deep in thought that I didn't realize just how long that quick glance I was going take had actually been, or that I'd turned around mindlessly while walking until I almost walked right into the girl I was thinking about.