Chapter 3

•Charlie's POV•

That was probably the most chill date I've ever been on, granted it's the first real one since high school. We went and saw that movie, Elysium. We sat at the top and it was dark, really dark. I couldn't help but be pulled away from the movie by my thoughts. I became really aware of how close we were when I went to grab my drink and almost touched her hand. Sure, maybe it was a little awkward at first, but she got really into the movie and I just laughed to myself. She likes action movies! Score!

We end up separating when I drop her off at home to get ready for the party. She says bye while she looks at the ground beside the car, insisting I don't need to get out just to drop her off, then she turns and walks inside.

I drive home knowing full well what I'm going back to; my five roommates that are going to be asking a lot of questions.

I put my key in the lock to the one floor house we love staying at when we aren't on the road touring. Don't be fooled by the one floor, it's more than big enough for the six of us, and I think that says a lot. I barely have my foot in the door and I'm instantly being questioned by a very tired looking George making coffee in the kitchen to the right of living room when you walk in.

"Where'd you go so early, Jordon?," he asks me.

"It's almost one o'clock, George."

I think he notices me smiling because he sets down his coffee mug and begins going into each of the boys rooms, waking them up loudly. They come into the living room groaning and rubbing their eyes. I can't say I blame them, that'd be me any other day. But I'm happy it's not, I can't help but think.

Jorel is swearing, not so quietly, about how obviously annoying he thinks it is that he was woken up by George screaming in his ear.

"Guys," George announces, "help me find out why Jordon was out so early."

"He was probably out with a girl," Matty says, making his presence known to me.

"He wouldn't wake up that early for a girl!" Dylan is laughing leaning against the far living room wall.

"Maybe I couldn't sleep, assholes." I try to sound as serious as possible, but I keep smelling the coffee. "Can you grab me a mug?" I ask George, but he's quick to shake his head.

"Nah, man. You called me an asshole." He's full on grinning. I can tell he's just screwing with me, like usual, but I really want some damn coffee. I was so distracted by Jade at Starbucks that I don't even think I remembered to drink mine.

I reach the counter that he's gone back to leaning on after waking up the boys and open a cabinet to grab a mug.

"Sorry, boo," I joke back and he rolls his eyes at me.

I almost didn't realize that Danny isn't in the room with us until he comes out of his room, closing the first door on the left of the hallway beside the living room.

My eyes shift to him and he says, "Now, now. Why would we have a get together without me?" He pouts his lower lip jokingly and looks like a lost puppy.

"I was just being questioned like a fellon," I say with noticeable annoyance in my voice. "You really didn't miss much."

"Oh," he thinks for a second, biting his bottom lip. "I wanna join!" Now he just has a huge smile on his face.

It pisses me off.

"Anyways, why are you guys so worried about me waking up before you?"

"That's what this is about," Danny realizes but is cut off by George.

"We aren't. It's just different for you. Where'd you go?"

"For a walk!" I throw my hands up in exasperation.

"Exercise?!" Dylan is sliding down the wall now, practically pissing himself.

"Har, har," I say dryly.

I bring my mug with me as I back away from the counter, pass through the kitchen and the living room, and close my bedroom door. I'm the last door on the right at the end of the hallway of rooms and I'm thankful for the separation it's giving me from the boys.

Why am I even annoyed with them anyway? Normally, I'd just be joking back with them, but I didn't have a sarcastic comeback about what I was doing earlier. I was too busy being happy about the morning.

I drop the leather jacket I'd been wearing earlier off my shoulders and lay on my bed. The sheets are dark blue with a black comforter. My room itself is a deep red that gives a slight vampire feel. I love the red but I hate the vampire idea that Dylan put in my head last year. I have a lot of black accents; my dresser, closet, and bedside table, among other things, are all black.

I have my face buried into the pillows and I'm laying on my stomach with my hands propping up the pillow from underneath it. I let myself drift into sleep because I know I'm going to be having a busy night. I feel my body relax as I fall asleep and dream.

•Jade's POV•

Charlie drops me off at home around one and I end up collapsing against my door once it shuts. I'm still so excited I don't even notice an hour pass with me sitting on the ground  thinking. It's ok, I think, stop panicking! You have all the time you need to get dressed.

I set my keys down on the island in the kitchen when I finally get up. My house isn't huge, but it's a cute two story with a lot of black accessories and dark granite. I wonder if Jordon would like it.

My room is painted royal purple that I adore. The accents being the same as downstairs, black.

I know I have time to do everything I need to, but I'm still drawn towards my closet to pick my outfit.

Well, it is going to be an important night. If I can get Jordon to like me I'll be dating my favourite guy from my favourite band and one of my idols. Plus, I just adore him.

I look at my closet, wondering what Jordan would find attractive about the outfits of the girls he hits on. How much skin? How tight? Probably.

Well, I should just be myself, shouldn't I? Shit, why is his cuteness so distracting. Please don't get ahead of yourself, Jade. Good things in your life don't tend to lost long.

I give up on outfits for now and decide to focus on hair. Sitting in front of the mirror on my black wood dresser, I curl it a bit, but only the tips. I just want the bottoms to curl outward so there's something done that isn't too big, but noticeable and pretty.

I decide I really need to pick an outfit in order to do my make up so I'm back at the closet again. After a bit of thinking, I pull out my silver strapless dress. It still has a thin strip of silver material on the top of the back, but then fades to a gorgeous keyhole that ends near my lower back. How had I forgotten about this dress?! Obviously Charlie will love it and, hell, I love it! I slip it on and head over to my dresser once again.

I put on a sparse amount of silver eye shadow, not wanting to overdo myself, and thin black eyeliner. I don't want to put on my not waterproof mascara if I'm going to be dancing and possibly sweating, so I get up and walk to the ceiling-to-floor mirror by my bed and eye myself.

I'm not one of those girls that thinks they're beyond ugly and will never find a boy or anything. Sadly I know this isn't true. Apparently I've been attractive enough to get the attentions of nothing but terrible men. Regardless, I'm not cocky, I'm confident. I spent enough time hating myself and cutting where people couldn't see it to know that that isn't where I wanted to stay. Hollywood Undead were my saviours. Jordan has no clue how much he's done for me, even before today, but I'm not sure that's the kind of stuff to bring up so quickly.

I keep it to myself when I think I look nice, but I'm almost always covered in band tees and baggy sweaters anyway.

I'm done deciding whether or not my look is ready for the night ahead and I realize how much time I still have left before the party. I put on a squirt of perfume and sit gingerly on the edge of my purple bed sheets, playing with my phone. I find Been to Hell and let it play as I set my phone down beside me on the bed and wait for Jordon.