Chapter 6: Three years later..... (Part 2)

A/N: HOLY CRAP GUYS 1000 READS?!?! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH OF MY SELF-ESTEEM JUST SKY ROCKETED WHEN I SAW THAT. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I hope I don't prove to disappoint. Keep on reading y'all in three...two...one... Please. Proceed.

*******************************************

~Kristen's POV~

"How'd you know it was my birthday?" I asked again curiously. I hadn't planned on telling him about my birthday. Sure, he was my only friend and it was to be my sweet 17th, but letting other people know that it was didn't really strike me as anything of importance.

He raised his eyebrow and slowly took a bite out of his toast, still looking at me. "What? Did you really think that I would be going around being your friend but not even know your birthday?"
"Well I don't know yours." I admitted.
"That's because I never told you."
"But I never told you either."
"And... You never asked."
"Neither did you!"
"Okay, we're not going anywhere with this. Let's just settle with the fact that I know, deal?" He almost laughed. I narrowed my eyes, looking pointedly at him.

"No. That doesn't answer my question." I said. "How'd you find out?"
"That's for me to know, and for you ponder." He winked.

"Alfire." I said more forcefully.

He sighed. "I saw it marked on your calendar."

"My calendar?" I raised an eyebrow, trying to recall any calendar on my school supplies.

"The one above your work desk."

My eyes widened in surprise, and confusion. "You went into my bedroom?" I asked in disbelief, trying to keep my voice down.

"I didn't take anything, I swear." He raised his hands in defense.

"When?!" I questioned, almost getting angry, though more embarrassed, wondering if he noticed all the mess I usually left.

"Is the mess you're referring to the one or two books you left out of the bookshelf?" He asked. I blinked when I realized I spoke out loud. "Because even for a girl, your room is terrifyingly spotless. Is your mom really that strict about tidiness?"

I glared at him, realizing he was trying to change the subject. "When? Alfire."

He looked at me for a moment before sighing again. "I came over last week remember? Your mom told me you were in your room, so I went up, but you didn't respond when I knocked, so I went in and you were in the bathroom. I saw your laptop open so I was going to prank post something, but then I got distracted by the calendar and before I could do anything else you were about to open the bathroom door so I ran out and waited downstairs instead." He explained quickly. My eyes widened even more, my cheeks heating up in embarrassment. I didn't anything ask else as I slowly nodded, bringing the hot chocolate back to my lips. He seemed to be just as happy going back to drink his own coffee too.

"We've got half an hour until your mom want's us back." He informed me, looking at his watch. I frowned. We had talked a little about what to do since we were on summer break. Had an hour really gone past that quickly?

"Already?" I asked.

He laughed. "Time really does fly when you're drinking the good stuff."

I looked down wistfully at my long-empty mug as Alfire finally took his last small sip of coffee.

"Hey, why don't we take the long way back to your place? Enjoy a bit of scenery for rest of the half hour." He suggested and I gave him a funny look.