Chapter 1: My Bestie's New Brother!

~Kristen's POV~

"But what if he doesn't like me?!" My best friend's voice echoed through my phone. "What if he tries to run away and I have to end up chaining him here to make him stay?!"
I frowned as I listened. "D, do you want him to run away?" I asked.

"I'M SERIOUS KRIS!"

"I know, so am I. Calm. Down." I said slowly. "You're messed up, but I'm definitely sure he'll like you."
"I hope so." She sighed. "Look Kris, I gotta do something. Just ring the doorbell when you get here okay?"
"Got it." I responded before the reciever cut off. I was on my way to her house, but she was too excited to wait so she called me while I walked. 

I stood before the Collins house, my fingers fidgeting and my entire body tingling with anticipation. Today was the day my best friend's parents were going to become foster parents to her new brother.

After a minute of waiting, I pressed their simple white doorbell a second time. I breathe a sigh of relief after I heard footsteps on the other side of the door. I put on a smile as I greeted Mrs. Collins as she smiled warmly back at me. 

"Oh Kristen, I'm sorry for keeping you waiting, I was in the kitchen."

"It's alright Ms. Anne." I reassured her, and stepped into the house as she let me in. "He's coming today isn't he?" I grinned. Her  smile stayed the same, but she looked away as she nodded, as if distracted. My smile faltered slightly, but I decided not to mind it. A lot must have been on her mind, anyway.

"Diana's in her room. Tell her to come down and get her books from the living room, would you, dear?"

"Sure!" I called down as I started racing up the stairs.

As I stood before her bedroom, I knocked. "Dian?"
I heard shuffling behind the door and someone shout "COMING!". My eyes widened as I heard a loud thump, as if something had fallen. The next second the door swung open revealing a blonde with striking resemblence to her mother grinning at me. "HI!" She exclaimed and pulled me into her room.

I looked around the room for the source of the loud thump I heard earlier. "Did something fall?" I asked after I saw nothing out of its place. For as crazy as my best friend might be, her room was shockingly tidy. 

"It was my shirt." She said distractedly, digging through her desk drawer looking for something.
"It sounded a lot heavier than a shirt." I raised my eyebrow, sitting on the edge of her bed.
"Yeah, I was wearing it at the time." She said as if it wasn't anything new, and continued to frown as she rummaged through her drawer.

"Oh, by the way, your mom told me to tell you that you left some books downstairs."
Her eyes widened as she snapped her gaze towards me, and without a word she sprinted out the room. Less than a minute later she burst through the door panting, a large smile on her face.
"EUREKA!" She exclaimed as she held out a notebook, then jumped onto the bed next to me.

I looked at her in confusion as she stared at me with a big... creepy smile on her face, holding out the notebook for me to take it. "What is that?"

"A notebook."

"Well obviously." My suspicion grew as her smile turned into a grin. "What's in it?"

"Everything." She whispered. I held back a laugh as I slowly took the notebook, flipping to the bookmarked page. I frowned as I read the list in her messy script.