New Roommates

Melody was flung into another, more filthy cell. She landed on her shoulder, and she screamed from the pain that was caused from the impact. This awoken the other residents of the cell, besides the rats. They were two boys and a girl, all of them around the same age as Melody. One of the boys, was of average height and build. He had a fairly long, yet rounded face and sizable, expressive teal-green eyes. His eyebrows were sparse and furrowed, which made him look troubled or annoyed. After all, he was locked in a small, dirty cell, with three other people and a bunch of rats.  His hair was short and dark brown, with his bangs falling naturally into a middle parted curtain type style. His complexion also seemed somewhat tanned. He seemed quiet muscular, but it was mostly hidden by his baggy clothes apart from the arms, where his sleeves were rolled up. He wore a beige shirt with a maroon sash about his waist, brown trousers and brown shoes. The other boy, was rather short, with a small build, but, like most other people, was not as short as Melody. He had a round face, framed by his blonde hair, with large, expressive eyes and a pudgy nose. He wore a collared, white, buttoned up shirt, with brown pants and shoes. The girl was physically fit looking and had black chin length hair. She looked slightly Asian, with an average height, pale skin and calm, black eyes. She also had a small cut under her right eye, indicating that she had been beaten in some way. She wore a dark red scarf, along with a white shirt, a long, light brown skirt and dark brown boots.

"Morning everyone" jeered the boy, who had thrown Melody into the cell. "You've got a new friend to join you on your way to Sina, but don't you get too attached, especially you boys, because I think I might try keeping her for myself. So if I catch any of you making moves on her.....well lets just say you won't be making it to Sina". He looked  back at Melody, and walked closer to her. He grabbed her by the chin and leaned over her, a mischievous grin on his face. "So, what do you think Angel Face? Don't we make a great couple? How about I try and persuade Captain Annie to let you stay?". Melody pulled herself away, spitting on his face. "No thanks, and its Melody to you" she muttered in distaste. He chuckled to himself and leaned back down, this time he was even closer. "Feisty, aren't we" he whispered, his voice more husky this time. "Well Melody, my name's Reiner, and.....". "You heard the girl, she said no!" came a voice from the corner. Melody flinched and looked in the direction of the voice, remembering the last time someone said that. In her head, she was no longer in a filthy cell, and she wasn't looking at the brown haired boy who spoke up. Instead she was back in the Rose Tavern, Flegal was attempting to propose, and Jean had stood up to defend her. Melody was lost in the scene, not realising what was really going on. She was expecting Flegal to speak up and call Jean a horse like he did before, but instead she heard Reiner's voice, which sent her crashing back to reality. She was back in the cell ,with the green eyed boy defending her from Reiner. "Shut the fuck up Yeager. Nobody asked for your opinion" Reiner grumbled, in annoyance. "Bite me!" the boy shouted. Reiner walked away from Melody at last, and went towards him. "Are you forgetting what happened to Mikasa over here, when she tried talking like that to Captain Annie?" Reiner continued, pointing at the other girl, who looked like she was going to punch him at any moment, if he even touched the boy. "No" the boy mumbled quietly. Reiner smirked to himself, and made his way to the exit. He locked the cell behind him and sent a mocking wave towards the prisoners inside, before leaving the room completely.

When Reiner left, everything went silent. Melody sat by herself, holding back the tears that had begun to build up from the incident. She sat there for some time, until she felt two hands being placed on her shoulder. She winced, feeling the pain she got from landing on it coming back . Melody looked up to see Mikasa kneeling beside her, who removed her hands noticing the pain it caused Melody. "Are you ok?" she asked, in a very emotionless voice. Melody nodded, removing the hair out of her face. Doing this revealed her face more, causing a certain brown haired boy to blush.  Melody didn't notice this because of the pain she was in. She tried moving it about, which only made it hurt even more. "Stay still ,it will only  get worse if you move it" Mikasa ordered. Melody obeyed, and slumped over on the wall. 'Well Melody ,you're the most unlucky person in the world. Your mother gets kidnapped by pirates, and dies on board their ship. You grow up, then get kidnapped by the same pirates, and kept in a filthy cell, until another group of pirates attack, and take you to an even more filthy cell, where you injure your shoulder' Melody thought to herself. Her thoughts were interrupted, when she felt someone shuffle closer to her. She looked up again, this time to see that the two boys had moved over to sit with her and Mikasa. "Can I help you?" she asked, raising an eyebrow in confusion. "Uh..no" said the blonde, who had spoken for the first time since Melody arrived. He had a slight shade of pink dusting his cheeks, as he looked away nervously. Melody continued to look at the three sitting beside her. "What are your names then?" she asked. "Eren" answered the brown haired boy. "Armin" mumbled the blonde. "Well it was nice to meet you" Melody said with a smile.

Time passed quickly on board the ship. Melody presumed it was the Titan, since it matched the description Hanji had given her. She talked a bit to her new roommates, mostly with Eren, since Armin was to shy to talk, and Mikasa wasn't the talkative type. She found out that they were a group of friends from Shiganshina, and that they were kidnapped so that they could be sold as slaves, like Melody. Mikasa had gotten her cheek cut, after trying to fight back. Armin was a bookworm, and apparently was fascinated by the ocean. He and Eren had dreamed to sail out and visit foreign lands, but of coarse not in the way they were about to. Mikasa was willing to go too, but only because she wanted to look after them. Over time, it got late and they all decided to sleep for the night. Melody fell asleep last, since she found the ground extremely uncomfortable, and disliked the dirt. When she did, her drowning dream began in full force, this time refusing to stop until she woke up screaming for help.