Outside The Lines {2}

Start from the beginning

                “The rest of us wouldn’t. Be quiet!” Mrs. Slate said, shooting him a glare.

                “Sassy,” he said, grinning.

                I rolled my eyes and we continued to read until the bell rang. I just about rocketed out of my seat and over to Thalia and Oliver.

                Oliver exploded into laughter when he saw my expression. I glared and whacked him in the arm. This was so not a funny situation!

                “I hate my life!” I announced miserably.

                “Aw, it’s just one period that you have to sit next to Dimitri,” Thalia said.

                I looked over at him. He and Kim were walking out of class together, talking. His hands were flailing wildly again.

                “I hate him. I hate him, and I hope I get to stab him for real,” I grumbled.

                “He’s funny,” Thalia said thoughtfully. “And, like I said, he’s kind of cute. Once you get past the crazy colors and the glitter.”

                “How can you get past the crazy colors and the glitter?” I asked.

                “Yea, seriously Thalia. I don’t think anyone has ever seen him in normal clothes. Not even when we were little,” Oliver said.

                “Well, we didn’t know him in elementary school. I don’t think he lived around here,” Thalia said. “But I remember him back in fifth grade. Even back then he was just a blur of colors. No glitter, though.”

                “He’s obnoxious,” I said as we entered our ninth period class and sat down.

                “You have to admit, he is kind of funny,” Thalia said with a smile.

                “He is not funny. He’s overdramatic and annoying. He needs to just shut up,” I said.

                “Quit being such a grumpy pants! I’m sure Alek there wouldn’t appreciate it,” Thalia said, nodding.

                I looked over and watched as Alek entered the classroom with a fried. She was twirling her hair around her finger, smiling and nodded at her friend.

                “Theo and Alek, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G, first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes Dimitri to ruin everything because the world hates Theo,” Oliver sang cheerfully.

                I could’ve just screamed and ripped my hair out.

                Dimitri walked into the room with Kim. He was playing with the edge of his scarf, listening to whatever Kim was saying.

                He strut into the room, commanding everyone’s attention with his appearance. I glared at him as he came over in our direction and sat near us with Kim.

                “I’m so glad they changed your schedule and gave us classes together!” Kim said, smiling at him.

                “It feels wonderful not to be tragically parted anymore, I must agree,” Dimitri said, releasing the edge of his scarf.

                “Great. Now I have lunch, English, and two study halls with him,” I hissed.

                “We have lunch, English, and two study halls with him,” Thalia corrected.