The Heroine's Passing

Hello, little midgets! This is one of the last chapters of the book!

I don't have anything to say. . . .

READ ON, MY LITTLE MIDGETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---------------------------------
*
Ginny POV

"Sylvia!" I called to the purple-eyed girl, who'd entered the battle field, but was just standing. She was looking at Hogwarts, as if seeing all the destruction she was causing.

"Ginny," she said, her voice sounding so broken, "I've hurt everyone. Myself. You. Everyone."

"Sylvia! You don't have to do this!" Tears had started to fall down her cheeks.

"Sylvia!" I called once more. "Remember your fifteenth birthday, in which you had surprised, me, though I had the intention of giving you a surprise birthday? Remember when that Slytherin kid made fun of you, but you didn't react physically? You made the smart choices then! Make the smart choice now, Sylvia. Please."

Sylvia's eyes glinted with anger, but also sorrow and fear. "Why? Why should I? If I call of my forces, yours will keep attacking. I won't."

"No! Sylvia, we will call of our forces if you call off yours! Please? For each other," I pleaded to her over the ruckus. Her eyes glinted with the same feelings as before, but also with sadness. She looked at the castle, as if she wanted to see a better day.

Then she stuck out her chin stubbornly, as she used to do. For a moment, I saw the old Sylvia. The one I used to sit with at lunch. The girl that I chatted with, and met on the first day of school. The girl that I had instantly become friends with.

"I'll call off my forces if you call off yours."

I sighed. Sylvia was always stubborn like that, which was one of the things I'd liked about her. But I didn't have any other choices. Many more people would die if I didn't put a stop to this. I ran back to find someone that could take command. Percy, Annabeth, somebody. I found Reyna, and told her, "Tell everyone to fall back. Before you ask, we have no other options."

Reyna looked confused, but nodded. She started yelling, and I eventually made that out to be, "FALL BACK! RETREAT!"

After about half a minute, our whole army had retreated and escorted inside the castle. But the sucker army was still attacking. I raced back to where Sylvia was standing. "Sylvia!" I called again, and this time, I'd noticed that my friends had come with me, including Harry, Ron, Hermione, Piper, Jason, Leo, Hazel (who was on top of Arion, her immortal horse), Frank, Nico, Will, Percy, and Annabeth.

Sylvia was watching her army in what seemed to be horror. She murmured, "I cannot call them back. They're too strong, and they're connected to my life force. They won't stop unless. . . ."

Hermione gasped, right before Sylvia drew her dagger, and so did a lot of other people. I realized a little too late. She'd have to kill herself to stop the monster forces. I surged forward, screaming, "No! Please!"

But it was too late. Sylvia had stabbed herself.

I caught her in my arms, just before she fell, and laid her gently on the ground. "Ginny," she rasped out, coughing blood. She reached to touch the stop where she'd stabbed herself, or her right hip area, and winced.

"Sylvia, hang on. We'll heal you! Will! Do your stuff!" Tears were gushing down my face. I was reaching desperately for anything- anything that would save my friend.

Will rushed forward and knelt by her side, but Sylvia said, "No, Will. It's the only way." Everyone had gathered around her, but she still had space.

I nodded and held her hand, still crying. Hazel knelt next to her. "I never got to know you," she whispered.

Sylvia only smiled. "You will." She said, and coughed.

"You'll go to Elysium. If this is your fourth life, you'll go to the Isles of the Blest," I told her.

Sylvia only shook her head with a small smile. "I'll wait for you," she told me. I nodded. She turned back to Hazel. "Bye, sister," she whispered. Hazel only nodded. Sylvia turned back to me. "Bye, Ginny," she whispered again."

"Bye, Sylvia," I whispered back. "See you."

"See you," she whispered for one last time. A peaceful smile spread across her face, and her amethyst-colored eyes closed. Her chest stopped rising and falling. My best friend had just died.

So I cried, and Harry was there as a shoulder to cry on.
--------------------------
*
I broke your feels, didn't I?

-da dam author