More Training!

Hello little midgets!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for not updating. Writers block is a pain in the . . . butt. Nothing else to say so . . . .

And I know I promised this yesterday, but my brother deleted it is a prank. Not funny.

READ ON MY LITTLE MIDGETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
------------------------------
*
Percy POV

Today we're doing combat training. Ron has gotten his sword hilt stuck in his nose. Ouch, and wow, he has big nostrils.

While Hermione takes him to the infirmary, everyone else continues training. Will's training the archers, Annabeth is doing knives and I am doing swordplay. Leila's teaching some of the younger kids how to shoot a gun, which is making some of the other people laugh (don't worry, she won't be here much). Clarisse is coaching spears. Harry's pretty good with a dagger, but Dennis Creevey is kicking his butt, probably because it's not Harry's area of expertise. He's good with a sword.

I'm currently teaching the Romans, so they have a mixture of Greek and Roman fighting styles.

"Okay, so you're going to slash it like this-" I told them, but this kid so rudely yelled out, "But that contradicts with what we learned. This was the twentieth time in two minutes that he'd interrupted me, so I was starting to get mad.

"Listen," I told him, my voice barely calm. "Do you want to live through this war?"

He sneered. "I will live through. I'll be attacking." And with that, he turned into some kind of demon. He tried to grab a kid in front of him, but the girl next to him quickly slashed through him.

Hovering over the pile of dust, the girl told it, "Note: don't attack a group that's learning how to fight."

"Nice," I told her.

The girl, Darla, returned the smile. "Thanks."

I addressed my class, "You see that? That's what you have to be aware of. Battle reflexes are extremely important. They can determine whether you live or die."

"That was quite a speech, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth called from her class, next to mine.

"For you, maybe," I told her sarcastically

"You sure it's for me?" She retorted, and my face turned red. I turned my attention back to my class.

"So anyway, you want to slash your sword like this." I slashed my sword in an upward motion, disembowling the already disembowled practice dummy.

"Practice that technique," I told my class. I whipped out my wand as they started slashing at the dummies and repaired my dummy. Yeah, I carry my wand around now. Annabeth always teases me about it.

I started practicing again. When it was time to stop, I yelled out, "Stop!" My class immediately stopped. A bell rang through the air and the classes switched. My class went to knives, and spears went to me.

I got started with the lesson. We launched immediately into some slashing and disarming techniques. The whole time, I felt sadness weighing down on me. Some of these kids were eleven, barely middle schoolers, and they were being forced to fight. A lot of them had lost their friends in previous battles. They probably kept thinking about how they were in the Underworld and wondering if they were going to join them. These kids needed to get trained, no matter how hard it was for them. We had won the other three wars, and we were going to win another. For the kids.

Eventually, we finished training, and it was eight o'clock. We filed into the Great Hall, and some of us had to sit on the floor, since we had about three hundred fifty extra people. I sat on the floor with some of my friends, my plate full of tacos. What? It's normal... Right?

I started shoving them two at a time into my mouth. I heard Ron pass us, muttering, "Ow. My noshe." Annabeth smiled and said, "Eat slower, Seaweed Brain. You're gonna choke."

Sure enough, I did, and Jason had to "unchoke" me. It was pretty embarrassing.

We finished our dinner and trained for half an hour more. Most of us went to sleep, but some of us stayed up longer. Jason and I started dueling, and it went on for about twenty minutes before Annabeth stopped us. Of course, Jason probably would have won, seeing as he had a lot more years of training than me, but he had started practicing earlier than me, so he was more tired.

We went to sleep an hour later, sweat trickling down our tired faces. I crashed at my tent that was set up just outside the castle, and I didn't get a dreamless sleep.

---------------------------

*

Yeah, that sucked too. The next one will be a nightmare chappie, so it will be better.

-da dam author