Annabeth Goes Commando

Hey, little midgets! This is going to be an extremely short one, most likely.

Aaaaaand, my dad's going to India. He'll be back on the second of November, which is plenty enough time for me to finish this. I think I have three chapters left, including this. That's what I'm planning. Three or four.

READ ON, MY LITTLE MIDGETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------------------------

*

Annabeth POV

I was laying on a bed in the hospital, with Madam Pomfrey fussing over me.

"Lay your foot like this! No, not like that! Don't do that! You'll make it worse!" She really knew how to get on peoples' nerves.

I gritted my teeth. Hermione and Ginny were sitting on stools, next to my bed. Hermione and I had grown close, and Ginny and I decided to be each others' "injure buddies." Percy wanted to stay, but I made him go and look for the spies.

"Focus on something," Ginny ordered me.

Been there, done that, I thought. I'd already been focusing on something, more precisely, on good memories. I was recalling toasting marshmallows with my friends and just being comfortable at camp after the war with Gaea. And I mean the first one that I was in.

Being comfortable at camp. I hadn't realized how much I missed it, and how depressed I'd become from the coming wars. At the rate we're going, we'll be fighting an enchilada with an army of tacos next year.

Oh, great. Now I'm reminded of the Taco Bells in San Francisco. They're yummy.

Yeah, I'm going crazy.

I kept focusing on the happy memories. I vaguely heard Hermione tell me, "It's okay. Madam Pomfrey can fix your ankle within minutes!"

That would be nice.

Hermione was right. In fifteen minutes, I could walk normally. If only ambrosia and nectar had worked that fast for me in the Roman caverns.

"How do you feel?" Ginny asked me once we'd exited the hospital wing.

I rolled my eyes. "Well, let's see. I just found out that we had spies for over three weeks and our war is coming day after tomorrow. I feel great, Ginny. Absolutely wonderful."

Hermione studied me. "Percy's been rubbing off on you. But I think Ginny meant about your ankle."

"Gee, I just got it healed in twenty minutes and now I can run all the way around the hospital thirteen times. It feels terrible. Help support me."

"Percy's definitely rubbed off on you," Ginny decided, "And maybe the potion Madam Pomfrey gave you messed with your brain."

I rolled my eyes again. "Sure. Now, let's go and catch the spies!" I tried to jog out the corridor and eventually get outside, but Hermione ran up to me and grabbed my shirt, holding me back. I decided to flip her over, but then decided that wouldn't be a very nice thing to do. "What this time?"

"You just broke your ankle. You can't possibly go out again!" Hermione protested.

"Watch me." I heard Ginny sigh as I forged ahead.

"Annabeth, wait." I was nice and waited, like Ginny told me to.

"What? We have spies in our camp with tentacles and Harry's Invisibility Cloak. I'm not gonna sit around." I walked ahead, Hermione still pulling on the back of my shirt. "Hermione, can you let go?"

Reluctantly, she did. I thanked them and headed out. The training had been cancelled today, which had been oh-so-convenient. Courtesy of the stupid slimy spies.

I grabbed my other weapon, the sword Damasen had made for me in Tartarus, and set off to find the others. Two weapons would be necessary for this task. I also grabbed my invisibility hat.

I set off to the Forbidden Forest. This time, I was confident I could get rid of at least one monster. I went to where I was before, when I first encountered the monsters. I thought I could at least a slither track, from the monsters' tentacles. And I did. I followed the tracks. What I saw horrified me.

Percy, Jason, Piper, Hazel, Frank, Leo, Nico, Harry, Clarisse, Ron, and Leila were hung upside down from a spit-like thing. The only thing that was making me think it wasn't a spit was the fact that there was no fire. They'd been hung by rope, twine to be precise. They'd all been knocked unconscious.

I quickly put on my cap, and spotted their captor. It was another one of those tentacle-monsters. (A/N I know the monsters last chapter were called dracaena, but the thing is, dracaena don't have tentacles. That part was on my friend, since I gave her a loose plot. I fixed that.) I kind of found it hard to believe that they'd all been taken by one monster, but hey, blame the fates!

I crept up behind the monster and stabbed it. Immediately, more monsters came. I kept stabbing them with my two weapons. At one point, my invisibility cap came off, and I kept fighting. My mind just blurred, and I just remember whirling through the army. It was the stupidest thing I'd ever done. Yet I managed to defeat the whole army. I killed the last monster and grabbed my hat. I cut my friends loose from the spit and fed them the stash of ambrosia I'd got. Well, I didn't bring enough, so Nico, Hazel, and Leila remained unconscious, so we had to carry them back to camp.

I crashed in my tent after that. Hey, I was tired!

-----------------------

There you go.

-da dam author