Another One-Shot

Hello, little midgets! Today, I have a one-shot for all you good little midgets! And I am pretty sure that I can't think up anything right now, since I have horrible writer's block. But do you want me to fast forward and go to the war or shall I put a CTF chapter? Lemme know.

By the way, this one-shot takes place before a demigod knows she's a demigod. She's about eleven. Her name is Rhea Rajesh.

READ ON, MY LITTLE MIDGETS!!!!!!!!!
---------------------------------
*
Rhea POV

I flipped through the pages of The Hunger Games, rereading it. Reading was one of my many hobbies, along with basketball, cross country, soccer, writing, and a lot of other things. By the way, my name is Rhea Rajesh. Just so you know.

I gasped as I read a part. Tears were gathering at my eyes. Why did Rue have to die? Why couldn't she live? All these authors are the same nowadays. They kill everybody.

*cough* Veronica Roth. *cough* *cough*

Suddenly, I heard a rumble outside. This wasn't like earthquake rumble, and I have experienced that before. (What you get when you live in California) No, this was a hungry-animal-that-is-going-to-eat-your-face rumble. A strange thought occurred to me. My best friend, Leila, had abruptly left for a summer camp that was in New York. Why was that thought occurring to me now? Maybe I missed her. Hey, we'd known each other since we were babies. (A/N True.)

I dismissed that thought, but left my room to see what was causing the rumbling. If only I had known what it was.

I looked out the window next to the door, and I screamed, "OH MY GOD WHAT THE HECK IS THAT IT LOOKS LIKE CERBERUS FROM GREEK MYTHOLOGY!!!!!"

Hey, don't judge.

Anyways, I screamed and ran for my life. I picked up a kitchen knife along the way, and I heard Doggy break into the house. Really, it's not very hard to hear the entire wall crashing down and then a three-hundred-pound object bounding after you. I ran all the way to the backyard, which wasn't really a good idea. Cause I was cornered unless I could get the back door open. Which I couldn't, because there was a lock on it. That left fighting the beast, or jumping over the fence, which I couldn't do, since it was ten feet tall.

Yeah, the odds were not in my favor. But at least Rue was extremely agile and could swing from tree to tree. And she knew how to survive in the forests. So did Katniss, and at least she had a bow and some arrows. All I had was a kitchen knife.

Wait . . . Rue could swing from tree to tree. My eyes drifted up to the apple tree next to me. I quickly scaled it. I had just hid myself in the leaves when Doggy jumped out of the door, making a huge gaping hole where he broke through. Just then, I noticed something. He was half-transparent. And as he came closer to me, I could see more of him. Why was that? And first of all, how was it possible that he existed?

He sniffed around, probably searching for my scent. I cursed, wondering why dogs had good smelling. It wouldn't be long before he found me and tore me to shreds, separating my sinews to give to his kids to play with.

I waited for half a second, when Doggy's back was turned to me. I jumped on his back and drove the knife in. He started thrashing, and I was almost thrown off. But somehow, I stayed on. A burst of energy went through me. Maybe the odds were in my favor. I drove the knife more, but black sand kept spilling out and then the wound was gone.
---------------
In an office in a camp the very same day

Chiron wheeled his wheelchair forward. "You have been given a mission. You have to make sure your friend is out of danger. From what you told us, we think she might be a half-blood. You have to see if she is, in fact, one. Are you up for this?"

The girl across from him rolled her eyes. "Of course I'm up for it. Just who is this friend you're talking about? I have a few that I don't know of being demigods."

Chiron frowned and snapped his fingers. "Her name is . . . Rhea? Rhea Rajesh?"

The girl's eyes widened. "I have to go, see you!" She hurried out of the office, probably to shadow travel.

Chiron chuckled. "Even if her fatal flaw is to be fearless, she's scared of her friend getting hurt."
------------------
Rhea POV Again

Hello! It's Rhea again! Where was I? Ohh. Right. I was driving the knife into Doggy.

I drove it in a few more times, but then it happened. I got thrown off. Fortunately, I landed in bushes. Unfortunately, those bushes had thorns.

"Ow, ow, ow." I got out of the bushes, taking thorns out. My knife wasn't in my hand anymore. I was pretty sure that my left arm was broken, since it hit against the deck post. Pain ran through my arm and back, but I still got up.

I looked at Doggy, who was snarling. I looked at my basketball, which was laying near me. Maybe . . .

I picked up the basketball and screamed, "SIT!!"

Doggy looked at me quizically. I screamed again and he sat reluctantly. I threw the basketball, and he bounded for it, and dropped it at my feet. I picked it up again, no matter how much it was covered in dog drool, and threw it.

That's when Leila burst in.

Now a I bet you're wondering, Wait, isn't Leila in New York? Yeah, she was. I know, it's confusing, but you'll understand it.

"Leila?" I asked, throwing the ball, "What- who- how-"

As you can see, I have a way with words.

"Come on!" She yelled at me. She has a shorter temper than most, but I was guessing that that wasn't the issue.

She turned to doggy. "Shadow travel." Doggy whimpered and then disapearead, making my day even more confusing.

"Come on!" Leila shouted again. She bounded through the gaping hole that was once the back door, and. I had no choice but to follow. My parents weren't here, but police were. They were crowding around the front, and Leila yelled to them, "SLEEP FOR TWO HOURS!!!"

They instantly crumpled on the spot, snoring. As if my day hadn't been confusing enough, Leila grabbed my arm, dragged me to a shadowed area, and we disappeared. We were going so fast that it was even better than being on the Gold striker ride at Great America. I heard whistling noises, and we popped into the shade of a pine tree that had a gold bath rug glittering on it.

"Rhea," she said, not even out of breath, "Say hello to Camp Half-Blood."

--------------------------

*

That's it, folks!

-da dam author