Capture the Flag

This is the second chappie and I just came back from the Dinosaur National Monument and I am so tired and by the way I am pre-writing this. It is 7/1/15 or the first day of July in 2015. Who this chapter will be out in a week to torture you all. 😈 Actually, screw dat.

READ ON, MY LITTLE MIDGETS!!!!!!!!!!
--------------------------------
*
Hermione POV

We arrived at camp in the night, around 1:00 AM. So technically in the morning. But who cares about that?

I had to allow my friends in the barriers. In camp, we found a sign. It said this:

We are so glad you're coming! We arranged a place for all of you. Hermione can sleep in the Aphrodite cabin, if she wants to, but she can sleep in the Big House like the others. Harry and Ginny's room is room 204. Ron and Hermione's room is 205. Hermione will sit at the Aphrodite table. The others can sit at the Hermes table. And I am running out of things to say. So see you in the morning!
- Piper

We headed to the Big House. We tried to make as little noise as possible, but that isn't easy if you have four suitcases and a bag full of other stuff. And I was carrying a torchlight.(A/N That's what they call it in England, right?) We ended up waking Chiron up. What I saw was horrifying.

He had pajamas on which I am not going to describe. But he had two pairs of pants covering his four hindquarters. But he had a hole in which he tail stuck out. In his tail were... tail curlers.

I nearly screamed. But I managed to get ahold of myself.

"Hello, Chiron," I whispered, not wanting to wake anyone up.

"Hello, Hermione, Ron, Harry, Ginny. Nice seeing you here. I assume you can get to your rooms by yourselves?" he responded.

"Yes, Chiron. Thank you." Ginny whispered back.

He nodded and went off to his bedroom. We proceeded to our rooms.

I got to Ron and my room and crashed on the bed.

-----In le morning-----

I woke up, still feeling tired. Damn jet lag. It was an hour till breakfast.

I took a shower, woke the others, and headed to the pavilion.

I sat at the Aphrodite table, next to Piper.

"Hermione!" She yelled and gave me a hug, which I returned.

"Hey, Piper," I said.

"How have you been?" She asked.

"Good. You?"

"I'm fine. Any new threats?"

"Well, Harry got this dream about that Ravenclaw girl, Sylvia Rutho, looking evil. Probably Morpheus messing with his dreams."

She shrugged. "Probably."

We ate our breakfast. I ate some toast(A/N I honestly don't know what British people eat, so go with it.) with some orange juice and Piper ate a PB&J with cranberry juice. We conversed over stupid and little things. Drew was giving me the evil eye. I just smiled sweetly at her when she did that.

Harry, Ron, and Ginny had the same schedule as me. I had gone to camp some other times, so I could help them.

First we had archery. Ginny aced that. But Harry and Ron... well I can't say the same for them. They kept shooting at the edge of the board. It made them really frustrated.

After that, we had lava-rock climbing. Ginny ended up with her hair singed a little. Ron had sweat all over him, and he somehow managed to make his shirt sleeveless. Harry and I did well, I guess. But Harry took more time than me.

At the end of that, Drew tried to flirt with Harry. She got Ginny's fist in her face.

We had swordplay next. Percy was the instructor. He and Harry dueled for demonstration. Percy was going hard on him so his sword was at Harry's neck in about a minute.

He taught a disarming technique, for the people who had just come. As he taught it, he had a faraway look on his face. He had a sad aura. I don't know why though.

The day went on like that. We had capture the flag, next. The teams were Aphrodite, Hermes, Tyche, Hypnos, Apollo, Zeus, Hades, Dionysus, Ares, and Nike for red team. The rest were on the blue team.

Yep, we're gonna die. Percy's on the other team. With Athena. We are dead.

Clarisse set up the battle strategy. Our strongest fighters would go first, making them distracted by people like Percy and Annabeth so they couldn't get the flag. Then, the others would go and try to get the flag.

Hey, it was our best shot. Jason was to duel Percy and Clarisse was to duel Annabeth. Jason could win against Percy. He had about a fifty percent chance, maybe more. Clarisse would probably lose. But she was enough to cause a distraction. If they were beat quickly, Piper was to take Clarisse's place and Nico was to take Jason's place.

I saw Clarisse and Jason go across the border to the blue side. I was next to the flag, defending it. I heard a rustle and smelled smoke. I crept over. Maybe it was Leo.

I just found a tiny little flame with some non-flammable wood around it. I quickly put it out. But why did I still smell smoke?

I turned around. Leo shot fire at my feet. I yelped and jumped back in surprise. I jumped in front of him with my dagger out.

I heard movement behind me. I turned and saw Katie Gardener running with the flag.

I turned around to stop her, but she raised her hands and thick stems grew around my ankles. I cut them away in about four seconds, but it was too late. Katie dodged an Ares kid's sword and ran across.

The blue team erupted in cheers. I suddenly understood their strategy. We thought that the strongest ones would try for the flag. Leo made it look like he was trying to get the flag. But Katie, who was not as strong as others, ended up getting the flag. We thought she was the least likely to get the flag. But we were wrong.

Red team headed back in a normal mood while blue was in cheers.
-----------------------------------
*
I gave you a good CTF chappie. Here you go. It is now 11:02 PM. When I wrote the part up top, it was about 6:30. Yeah, that's how busy I am. Whateva. See you!
-da dam author