Weapons 101: Branches

Hello, little midgets! I'm sneaking this one, since my dad forgot to take the iPad. But most likely, I won't be able to update more on this. My friend, DaPinkFluffyUnicorn will update this.

READ ON, MY LITTLE MIDGETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---------------------------------
*

Annabeth POV

We had all assembled for CTF. We had just been split in half, so my there was no real way to tell them apart, otherthan "Team 1" and Team 2."

A whistle blew, and immediately, some kids (*cough*Draco *cough*) ran over to our side. They were immediately met with some kids. The strategy for our team, defense and offense, was done by the Athena cabin and Ravenclaws working together. Percy had told me that my team would win, since we had the best strategist, even though the other team has Hermione and majority of the Ravenclaws. In return, I had blushed and told him to shut up. Bob and Damasen had decided not to play.

We were playing in the Forbidden Forest. We had gotten permission from Dumbledore, so everything was good.

I crept through an open area. I quickly heard some footsteps, so I leapt behind a bush. I also heard talking.

"We have to find as much information as possible for Ms. Rutho," One said in a fussy voice.

"I know! But can we just find one demigod to feast on? Please?" This one was female.

"No! That's for later, after we win the war before it starts!"

"But why?" Her voice was whiny.

There was probably more, but I was shell-shocked. We had had spies in our camp for three and a half weeks, and we didn't know. I decided that I had to get rid of them immediately. If Sylvia found out anything we were planning for her, we were going to be in a lot of trouble.

I started to creep backwards, taking each step as silently as I could, and stood against a tree. I could hear every word that Sylvia's minions were saying from here.

"We have to alert the others now," the squeaky male announced. So there were others.

"Just one demigod?" The female asked, her voice whiny again.

"No!" The male snapped to her. I heard a soft whimper, probably from the female. "If we draw attention to ourselves, we could get caught." A soft crackling of branches sounded from beneath me. I looked down. Great timing, foot cramps, I thought.

"But we have the cloak—" The female started to whine again, but she shut up. 

"I heard something!" The male squeaked. "Ciara—go warn the others—now!" I jumped out from my hiding spot just in time to sink my blade into . . . nothing. I could definitely feel something squelching from beneath my dagger, and I could hear the shrieks of the female, but I didn't see anything.

My dagger was whipped out of my hand by a scaly octopus-like arm, and in a flash I was defenseless. I turned to face a monster coated in armor, hissing at me and prancing around with my dagger (to be truthful, it looked a little bit like a three legged goat trying to do the macarena, but I didn't say anything). 

I backed up, looking around. Think, Annabeth, think, I chided myself. I looked at a tree next to me. It might be childish, but I was defenseless . . . I scrambled up the tree, surprising the monster—but only for a moment. His scaly arms whiplashed at me as I gripped the bark and try to get my left foot on a branch. I was stuck though—my hip was in between two tight branches, and my right leg was positioned so awkwardly it looked like I had broken my ankle and then twisted it. It was all I could do to keep from cringing in pain. 

I felt and scaly slime come over my bare legs and a tight squeeze around my left leg, pulling it downward to the ground. I struggled to hold my balance, and whipped my head around, feeling my neck crack. 

I grabbed the tentacle from my leg and squeezed it so hard that I swear my face turned red. But not as red as the tentacle turned. It immediately dropped, and I realized that it was the only thing holding my balance. I realized that a little to late, I guess, because in an instant I was falling to the ground.

A tentacle wrapped around my waist as a searing pain shot through my ankle. I cried out, as another tentacle wrapped around my ankle, squeezing it. My face composed after a few seconds, and I karate chopped the tentacle, sending it reeling back to the monster.

As it howled, I hobbled off into the woods. In the opposite direction of the others.

-THIS IS PABLO, THE LINE BREAK. OK, TIME FOR TACOS!-

I sat under a huge willow and massaged my ankle. It was swelling red, but I couldn't go back to the others now, not without facing that monster. And I couldn't face him, not in this state. I looked down at my ankle, trying hard not to curse at it. This was the first time in a long time that I had felt this helpless. I was trying to shrug the feeling off, but it hung there, like a gloomy storm cloud over my head.

I grabbed a tree branch off the ground, surprising myself with my own strength, and swung at a nearby tree. Hard. I stumbled backwards from the recoil, and landed on my butt. 

It was all I needed. As the monster approached me, growling menacingly, threatening me with his tentacles. I grabbed the tree branch and swiftly swung it at the monster, who was instantly knocked out. I blew out a puff of air and picked up my dagger.

"Don't steal my stuff," I said, wiping my bangs out of my eyes. "Or you get the branch. In the face." I patted the branch, and slowly hobbled my way back towards the grounds, realizing that the other dracanae was probably already there. And how had it become invisible? There was only my cap . . . and Harry's invisibility cloak. I quickened the pace, finally reaching the clearing where everyone was continuing Capture the Flag. It seemed that Hermione's team had won, but I didn't care right now. 

My leg hurt so badly, it was clouding my vision. Percy ran up to me. "Are you okay?" He asked. "Where were you?" 

"Spies," I wheezily replied. "Spies!" That was the last thing I said before passing out in Percy's arms.

----------

Sorry for ending the chapter on a cliffie! If you read my Hunger Games and Heroes of Olympus Mashup, you'll know that I do that a lot.

I'll just be taking over for the real author for some time, so if you hate my writing, well, I'll be gone soon, but if you like it you can check out my fanfiction. My username is DaPinkFluffyUnicorn, as mentioned above.

-The Unicorn