» surprise surprise

surprise surprise x a truly happy ending / your pov

"Jerome!" I exclaimed as I stepped into the dining room, trying to shift his attention from the shiny gun in his hand over to me. Although I did get what I wanted, his attention on me, he ended up shooting the gun out of surprise and placing a bullet into a colorful vase on a small table in front of him. "We have an issue." I continued, stepping over the shattered glass to be able to stand in front of him. A bloody foot definitely wasn't what I had planned on coming here for.

"Damn." He cursed, roughly hitting the barrel of the gun out of anger before absent mindlessly throwing it on the red couch behind us, almost hitting me in the face by a few inches. Luckily, I moved out of the way and headed over to the dining room table. "What do you need, Y/N? I'm kinda busy, if you couldn't tell-" I interrupted him, already knowing what he busy with; he was paying a visit to his father later while I stayed here with Barbara and Theo. How exciting.

Slamming my hands down on the dark wooden table, for a bit of dramatic effect, I got straight to the point. "He's gonna kill you." His usual expression remained the same, something that I learned he tended to do in any given situation, the corners of his lips never faltering. "At the benefit, he's gonna do something and you're not going to make it out of there alive." I repeated the words I had heard Theo saying through the door just a few hours earlier, to who I assumed was Barbara; of course.

Jerome put up a hand to stop me before I could say anything else, inching closer to me until it was only the table separating us. "And you have proof of this," He quickly glanced to the side, his brows slightly furrowing and his smile disheartening a bit at the new information that spilled out of my lips. "Arrangement?" I quickly ran my tongue over my lips, glancing over at the, now, lit up hallway. Fuck, they're back already? Theo had told me they'd be gone for hours, not just for thirty minutes; what a liar.

His footsteps were loud as he made his way to where we were, step by step, making both of us glance over at the open doorway. "Guys," Theo brought his hands up in a questioning manner as he looked us over, a small smile playing across his lips. "Why are you kids so serious? We have a big night planned today!" I watched him from the corner of my eyes as he walked over to me, placing a hand on my shoulder. "Go out and have some fun, you two."

I flashed him a forced smile, before following Jerome out of the large apartment and out into the hallway. My hand wrapped itself around his arm, pulling him back and leaning up until I was close enough for him to hear me. "Jerome, I heard him say it. Why would I even lie to you about this?" He rolled his eyes, before shooting me a look of disbelief; a small look of disbelief giving me hope that he was actually believing me. "I don't gain shit from telling you." I reassured him.

"A reaction." He leaned in closer, as if he was going to tell me a secret, until his forehead landed on mine. "Maybe you think I'm hot when I'm angry, Y/N." Jerome whispered, his blue eyes boring into mine, the playfulness returning in his voice. Although, I'm pretty sure that now he actually believed me or had some doubts about Theo and tonight, which was still good. As long as he didn't end up dead like the rest.

"So, you're angry?" I taunted, the side of my lips turning up into a smirk.

"My point exactly." He stated before taking a step back and placing his hands behind his back, carefully pacing in a small circle around the dimly lit hallway. "Huh," His gaze was on the ceiling, nodding slightly every two or three seconds. "I never really pegged him for such a deceiving old man, but damn, that would have been an entertaining show to watch. Too bad I have to ruin it for him now." His infamous smile found its way to his face again when he turned over to me, his last words exciting me a bit at what he had planned.

::

I stood in the corner of the stage, hidden by the bright red curtains, just as Jerome had planned earlier. The gun in my hands was aimed at Theo, my pointer finger brushing up against the trigger - ready to shoot at any sign of danger. Well, danger against Jerome anyhow. The small boy shook in his hold, considering the fact that Jerome was already digging the knife into his neck - droplets of blood falling on his hand.

"Enough." I was only late with the bullet by a few miliseconds, Theo waking up so quickly catching me completely off guard. The knife in Theo's hands only grazed Jerome lightly on the neck before he turned around to look at me in shock; far from what Theo had originally planned for him. I stepped out of the hiding spot, the gun pointed at him the whole time until I made my way over to Jerome. "What?" Theo asked, his act dropping at the unexpected sudden betreyal.

"You planned on killing me." Jerome stated, roughly snatching the gun from my hand and pointing it over to Theo, a look of shock written all over Barbara's face. "You told me I'd become a star." He took a step closer to Theo, making freeze in place as he awaited Jerome's next move just like a prey would with a predator. Jerome grinned at Theo when he was standing right in front of him, hiding his anger from the crowd, before placing the gun on his chest. "You're a liar, Mr.Gallavhan." The shot dangerously echoed through the hall; Gordon watching with wide eyes, while Bruce's butler covered Bruce's eyes.

"Now that's a how you make a show." Jerome told me, before letting out a laugh and taking a hold of my hand. The running was overwhelming but considering the fact that we lost Gordon in only a few minutes, it wasn't all that bad. His laugh rang through my ears the whole way out, through a passage I didn't even know existed in this building. Finally, after a good few minutes of running, we came to a stop.

"Well, fuck." I struggled to catch my breath, the bone from my knees protruding into my open palms as I rested my hand there while leaning over. "I'll make sure to never cross you." I told the murderer standing next to me in between pants and attempts at catching my breath, the darkness in the alley making it a bit hard to find him. A smile crept onto my lips at the realization that he actually trusted me, thank god he did.

::

fuck theo 。◕ ‿ ◕。I didn't know a suitable way to make Jerome kill him, so sorry if it's not that violent omg, but I wrote this while listening to Young Gods omg you guys should listen to it its so good