» coppers / part 2

coppers x continuation

"It just seems unreasonable," I sat at the head of their pastry-filled dining room table, my hands restrained with messily tied rope at my wrists, as I watched Jerome impatiently pace in front of me. "Don't you think?"

"Uh-huh." Slowly nodding at his question, I leaned back into a comfortable position - knowing this would be a long story. "I fully agree, Jerome." I added, following Jim's famous rule of staying calm in these types of situations.

"Exactly!" He jumped at my answer, facing me with excitement written all across his face. "Someone gets it! I'm so glad you're on my side, Y/N." The sound of Barbara's voice cut his next though off, his look of excitement morphing into an annoyed one.

"Long time no see, huh?" She walked over to me, placing her hands on the table and leaning in close to my face - trying to appear intimidating. "How's your brother? Still with that whore he calls his girlfriend?"

"Sadly." I faked disgust in my voice, not wanting her to get angry at me if I told her that I preferred Jim to not be with her - which was the truth. Now, that, would start a problem that I didn't need right now - considering the fact that I was kidnapped by a murderer.

Jerome let out a loud cough, causing both of us to turn over to look at where he stood. "Excuse me," His hand landed on Barbara's shoulder, pushing her off to the side. Thank god. "But we were having an important discussion here."

Barbara scrunched her nose up disgust at Jerome's words before walking out of the room and back into the hallway. "Now," Jerome quickly pulled up the chair to my right and jumped onto it. "What was I saying before we were oh so rudely interrupted."

"Shut up, Jerome." Barbara yelled from the hall when she heard him, before loudly slamming a door. I flinched at the loud sound while Jerome just rolled his eyes and shook his head at her actions, just like a parent would.

"So overdramatic." He commented, making me crack a genuine smile for once. The normality of the scene was not what I had expected at all, spare the restraints, but I didn't mind it; it was a nice change from my usual stressful life.

"Agreed." I laughed, glad we were able to share a thought, placing my tied up wrists on the glass table. Jerome took a chocolate donut from the overflowing arrangement of desserts on the middle of the table, handing me a pink cupcake as he did so.

I shot him a look while he took a big bite of his sweet. "What?" Jerome asked, bits of donuts falling out of his mouth as he spoke. "You don't like pink or something?" He swallowed the piece of donut as he eyed me, trying to figure out the problem even though it was so simple and right in front of his face.

After a good ten seconds, I gave up trying to let him figure it out the mystery and raised my hands at him, raising my left eyebrow at him; putting the restraint in clear view. "Ooh." He finally understood, nodding his head as he took another bite. "Can't let you out of those yet, sweetie."

"Then how am I supposed to eat this?" I pointed down at the cupcake, lowering my eyebrows in confusion. It's not like I was just gonna bend down and bite into it every second, that would make an unnecessary mess; not to mention it would be completely embarrassing to do so.

Jerome let out a dramatic sigh, plopping the last piece of donut into his mouth and scooting his chair closer to mine. When I realized what he was going to do, I quickly shook my head at the thought. "No way in hell, Valeska."

"Come on, Y/N." He dragged out my name, carefully taking off the yellow paper from the bottom of the cupcake before tearing off a piece. "Your boyfriend doesn't feed you food?"

"Don't have one."

"Ooh," Excitement filled his eyes at the new information, the corner of his mouth curling up into a smirk. "Good news for me then." He playfully remarked, making my mind wonder if he was serious or not. I mentally scolded myself for even caring about that.

I rolled my eyes at his flirting comment and leaned in close to his face, causing him to grin in excitement out of what I might do. "No." I smiled.

Before he could argue, his eyes widened when he looked over my shoulder, almost making him drop the cupcake in his hand. "Aaron, I told you, you can't beat this one up."

My eyes mimicked his, turning around to see if Aaron, the guy I had a not so great encounter with earlier today, was really there but instead, I was met with an empty space and no Aaron. "You liar-"

Jerome quickly stuffed the small piece of vanilla cupcake in my mouth before I could react, making him burst into fits of laughter. "I can't believe you actually fell for that." I quickly chewed the piece of bread and swallowed it, ready to argue with him. "Aaron's not even here right now."

"Ha ha ha." I sarcastically remarked, glaring at him despite the fact that I actually liked the cupcake. "Jerk." Jerome gasped and placed his free hand on his chest, acting hurt at the name I called him.

"After I fed you?" I didn't answer, just continued glaring at him; making him drop the hurt act and reach for my hands, taking them in his own. "How about I make you a deal then, Y/N?"

"Go on." I cautiously told him, not sure what he was trying to pull here but it wouldn't hurt to go along with it. Especially when my life was basically in his hands.

"I'll take these off of you for good," His fingers carefully worked their way through the ropes, finally setting my wrists free. I thanked him but before I could speak up, he continued. "But you have to join me on my act now."

"Too late to go back on it now!" He told me, pushing the bitten vanilla cupcake over to my side of the table and taking another pastry of the stand for himself. "It'll be fun though, no need to worry!"