» goodbye

goodbye x you break up with jerome when he's in arkham because everything is too much for you / his pov

"Are you mad at me?" I finally asked Y/N, her character being far too serious and unlike her. After days of not seeing each other, which she didn't even bother explaining to me, I thought she'd at least be excited to see me on this visit but now it felt like she was dead or something. Not her usual peppy self at all, which was one of my favorite things about her.

"I..." Her eyebrows furrowed, as she looked down; trying to avoid my intense gaze. "I can't do this anymore, Jerome." If it wasn't for her calling me by my name instead of her favorite nickname for me, J, I would've still had a small doubt in the back of my head that she was playing. But the seriousness in her voice and the grim look on her face threw all my doubts to the side.

"Y/N." I sighed, running my fingers through my messily slicked back hair - there was no good gel that you could obtain in here but that was besides the point.

The news of the break-up was expected but not this soon. I've only been in here for a week, what could I have honestly done to make her want to leave already? "I told you I'd get out soon, that I'd find someone to-"

"No, Jerome." Y/N cut off my attempt at fixing this, shaking her head with closed eyes. She took in a deep breath before continuing to add salt to the fresh wound. "You need the help. I want you to stay in here until you're.."

I waited for her as she tried to rack her mind for what she deemed the perfect word, licking her lips in the process. I missed those. "Normal."

As if this wasn't painful enough, that word was enough to make the whole ordeal ten times worse -cutting deeper into my emotions. "What?" I asked, getting tired of forcing myself to push all my feelings to the side. "So what? I'm not normal to you? Then what am I?" I continued, despite her protests and worried looks, my anger not letting her cut me off this time. "A monster?"

She shot me a look due to me raising my voice and leaned in closer to me; not helping with the situation at all. If she wanted this, then I wanted her out of my sight now and to never come back into my life.

"No, you know that's not what I meant at all." Y/N whispered, anger starting to seep through her own words too; even though, I was the only one who deserved to be angry here.

"You're right." I sat back in the plastic chair, putting as much distance between us as possible. "I know exactly what this is about. You found someone else, didn't you?"

I raised my eyebrows at her, gripping onto the ends of the hard arm rests' as some sort of comfort - not like it worked anyways, but it did help keep my anger under control.

"That's not it at all." Y/N stated, almost pleaded, her once warm eyes filling up with tears at the sight of me being angry at her. She always said it was her least favorite sight, not like it mattered that much anymore. "I'm not seeing anyone else. You know I only love you and just you."

"Oh, really?" The frustration at my only genuine relationship ending overwhelming me. This visit ended up being the opposite of what I was hoping for it to be, it was supposed to be a happy visit for once. "'Cause just a couple of weeks ago, you were completely fine with me being in here. You even went as far as saying how me being here added more to our relationship."

"Things change, Jerome." She loudly told me, causing a guard to start walking over to our table. Y/N noticed the officer and started speeding through her words. "I just don't want this anymore," She glanced around the visiting area of the Asylum as she said that. "I don't want to be together anymore, Jerome."

"Is there a problem here?" The officer asked when he finally reached us.

Y/N shook her head and stood up from her seat, slowly sliding her cheap chair back under the white plastic table.

"Not at all." She told him, completely ignoring my existence as she walked towards the exit; not even bothering to say a proper goodbye to me. I bit on my bottom lip until I felt stinging and the taste of blood on my tongue.

Well, this sucks.

::

I wanted to write a heart breaking one for once! :') Remember you can always requests them through the comments here or my messages! <3