» heated arguments

heated arguments x jerome slaps you then feels guilty

"Ah. We'll be back in a jiffy, guys!"

I rolled my eyes at Jerome's words, feeling him place his hands on my shoulders and applying more and more pressure each second, gripping them tightly, as he pushed me into our shared bedroom at the Maniax 'headquarters'.

It was probably the anger or just being realistic, but I honestly wished I would've gotten my own room - just in case; Mostly because things like this, arguments over nothing, tend to happen a lot between us.

"You could've died. What else was I supposed to do?" I yelled at him before he could speak up and yell at me for what I did - which wasn't even as bad as he was making it seem.

My footsteps were loud as my bare feet paced around the wooden floor, hands moving from hand motion to hand motion at each word that escaped my lips. "Wait for the bullet to land on your turn and clean your corpse up later?"

"I told you I had it under control."Jerome closed his eyes and stood by the bedroom door, his left hand balling up into a fist. If a complete stranger was looking at this scene play out, Jerome would've looked completely innocent and harmless in his maroon black robe and styled hair - like someone who's just stressed; but if you knew him, you knew exactly what that look meant and it wasn't good at all. "Did I not?"

"No." I argued, stopping in my tracks to look over at him - shooting him a look mixed with annoyance and worry. It was a pointless argument, truly. I knew in the end, he would win and I'd apologize, even though I did it because I was genuinely just concerned for him.

I mean, who wouldn't be worried if their boyfriend was a fucking idiot and took the chance of playing Russian Roulette just to prove that he was better than someone else? "It didn't look like you had it under control at all."

His icy blue eyes shot open at my words, anger dangerously filling them more and more each step he took closer to me. "Well, I did." He stopped right in front of me, looking down at me due to our small height difference.

The space between us was the complete opposite that it was at the beginning, switching from just a few feet away from each other just a few inches- not in a good way either. "So next time, stay out of it unless I order you not to, Y/N." Jerome spat.

"You are not my boss. " I'll admit, they were the stupidest words to tell your pissed off homicidal boyfriend, but the heat of the moment got to me and I couldn't stop myself. "They might see you as their boss now, but Theo will always be the boss to me since he's the one who fucking broke us out of Arkham and arranged all this."

His hand struck my face faster than I expected, the burning sensation from the hard slap still lingering on my cheek seconds after he backed away, examining his 'work'.

"Theo, huh?" Jerome raised an eyebrow at me, a satisfied smile replacing his pursed lips as he copied my action from before and paced around in front of me with his hands behind his back, slowly nodding his head at my words. "So, you have a thing for him now?"

The accusing question caught me off guard, an apology was what I wanted yet here he was jumping to a jealous conclusion from a simple statement I made out of anger - incredible yet so familiar.

My hand stayed on my reddened cheek, where his hand most likely left a burning mark, as I rolled my eyes at his idotic question; I was beyond furious as to how this always seemed to get turned on me for no reason at all.

"Answer me." He angrily demanded when his absurd question was just met with silence on my side. Not once have I ever even showed any sign of affection for Theo, did he not realize that or was he just blind?

"No, I don't fucking have a thing for him."

He came back towards me and took a hold of my arm, making me have to remove the hand from the hot skin on my face as he pushed me back into the far back red wall.

"Get off me." I softly told him, trying to ease the tension in the bedroom. It didn't work though. He just shot me mock look of concern as he cupped a hand over his ear, acting as if he didn't hear my words.

"Huh?" He loudly asked, bringing his ear closer to my face. "What was that? I don't think I heard you correctly, babe." The cute nickname was filled with more hostility than love, making it far from romantic in this situation.

"Tears? Already? I thought we were just getting started." He laughed when he noticed my glossy eyes, tears forming at the brim of my eyes. By now all the anger was fading from me, not him; instead, it was replaced by hurt.

"Wait, fuck, are you seriously crying?" He asked again, some of the anger starting to leave his mind when he noticed me look away from him - in an attempt to hide my eyes from him which didn't really work. "Y/N."

"Who the hell fakes crying, you asshole!" I roughly pushed him off me, using almost all of my energy considering how tightly he was holding on to me, and headed towards the door.

Before I could make my way out the door, his hand took a hold of my arm again but in a more gentle way this time; no hostility or anger lingering in his action this time.

"St-" He pulled me into a hug, staying quiet as he took a loving hold of me and interrupted my sentence. A hand came up behind me to play with my hair while the other rested on my lower back. God, I barely realized how much I missed his hugs.

"Never again." He whispered to me, regarding the whole hitting situation. I simply nodded and tried to make the most out of the scene, finally able to be in the comfort of his arms.