» playfulness

playfulness x you're too 'friendly' with cops at arkham

"You're not allowed to wear that in here."

The sound of the familiar guard's voice made me stop in my tracks, on the way over to Jerome who sat on the table at the far back of the Rec room with the group. 

"Who supplied you with makeup, Y/L/N?"

My decision to ignore them and keep on walking was abruptly put to an end by him repeating my name, trying to sound more authoritative than he actually was. "Y/N."

The sight of him placing a hand on my arm made Jerome sit up in his seat, ready to interfere until I shot him a look saying 'I have this under control'.

He hesitantly sat back down, eyeing the situation in front of him. A small spark of jealousy residing behind his bright blue eyes.

Turning on my heel, the bottom of my black and white dress twirling due to the sudden action, I excitedly faced the guard. "Yes, officer?"

"You, uh-" I placed my opposite hand on his hand that rested on my arm, making him stiffen in nervousness at the sudden touch and stop his sentence mid way.

He was a young one, looking almost my age, which made this whole ordeal easier. They were always the ones that fell for my attempts at flirting easier, completely ignoring the fact that I was a patient here.

"Yeah?" I casually batted my eyelashes at him, looking up at him and imitating a confused face. My thumb ran over his knuckles, making him internally question what to do with the scene at hand.

"You didn't answer my question." He continued, his words sounding like a jumbled up mess due to how quickly he spoke them.

"A friend supplied me with it." I innocently answered, not willing to rat out Sionis just yet. I still needed more supplies from him.

"You have really nice hands, y'know?" I ran my fingers along his, shooting quick glances at his lips. "It'd be interesting to find out what they can do to a girl."

I heard him suck in his breath, proving that my plan was actually working; Though, I was a bit scared to turn around and see my boyfriend's face.

"Thanks." His face was flushed, the rest of the guards oblivious to the whole ordeal occurring just a few feet away from them. "I'll let you slide this time." He coughed, trying to get himself back together while removing his hand from mine.

"Thank you." I winked at him, turning back around to meet eyes with a very angry Jerome as I headed over to him. Well, here goes nothing.

He wasted no time in small talk, cutting right to the chase in front of his so called 'friends'. "What the hell was that, Y/N?" Greenwood snickered at Jerome's anger, already used to the situation at hand.

"Hey, your girl needs to stay out of trouble somehow." Greenwood shrugged, grinning widely at me; causing Jerome to only get angrier at the whole thing.

"Is your name Y/N, Greenwood?" Before he could answer, Jerome answered his own question in a frustrated voice with narrowed eyes. "No, I didn't think so."

"He's looking over here." Aaron spoke up, adding more fuel to the fire called Jerome's jealousy.

Jerome dropped the look of anger and replaced it with his grin, placing his hand on my shoulder before leaning in closer to me. "I'll take care of this, honey."

"There's nothing to take care-"

"Hey. Yeah, you." Jerome's voice calling out to the guard from earlier interrupted me, he motioned for the guard to come over to the table. "Get over here."

The guard hesitantly walked over to us, his tough act faltering a bit when Jerome stood up from his seat. "What's your name, good sir?"

"Is there a problem here?" The officer asked him, ignoring his question completely and smiling over at me over his shoulder.

I shot him a small apologetic smile, mentally apologizing for Jerome, causing Greenwood to raise his eyebrows at me in amusement.

"Not at all." Jerome answered, taking a step closer to him to block his view of me. "But there's a problem between us, buddy."

"Which is?"

"You," Jerome pointed an accusing finger at him, only centimeters away from the guard's chest. "Flirting with my girlfriend didn't go unnoticed, you know?"

"I-"

"You what?" Jerome's grin grew wider, shaking his head at the cop's poor choice of words. "You didn't flirt? Is that what you were gonna say? As if I don't have eyes and didn't see you touch what's mine."

"Alright Valeska, that's enough." Another guard intervened, pushing the other guard to the side and shooing him away from the murderer. "Take a seat or we'll escort you out."

Jerome held his hands up in defense, shooting an innocent look at the new guard. "We were just talking. Right?" The other guard quickly nodded, out of fear.

When they were gone and Jerome finally took his seat, he placed an arm around my waist - tightening his grip on my hip.

I felt his lips right next to my ear as he whispered, "Next time I see you two touching each other like that, I'll break both of you guy's hands."

::

who else loved the hotline bling video bc same that first girl was so 10/10 omg like she was goALS AF

btw I finally made a jerome one shot tumblr: okay-jerome