» first meetings / part 2

first meetings x continuation

"So," Y/N glanced down at the source of the voice as she entered the entertainment room, where she saw Barbara sitting and flipping through another fashion magazine, one of the few reading selections they actually bothered to provide them with. "You and Jerome?" Barbara didn't bother looking up from the printed article, but Y/N was still able to see the mischievous look painted across her face as her friend questioned her about the guy she's been talking to for a week. 

Y/N bit onto the inside of her cheek to hide the big smile that threatened to appear on her face any second at the mention of Jerome's name, "Me and Jerome?" She raised her eyebrows and slowly nodded at how great she thought her and Jerome's name sounded together. "We're.." Her voice trailed off as she tried to come up with the perfect word to describe them, taking a seat on the chair facing Barbara. "Something." 

"Ah." Barbara laughed, a genuine one due to her friend being happy because of a murder; the thought seemed so far-fetched to her in general, but when she remembered that they're in Arkham Asylum, Barbara decided it wasn't that bad for her to become infatuated with him. "I'm happy for you, Y/N." 

Barbara's blue eyes glanced up and landed behind Y/N, causing her to stand up from her comfortable place. "Speak of the devil." She playfully whispered in Y/N's ear as she walked off towards where Aaron and his group were seated, two tables over. The words caused Y/N to quickly turn back without thinking, coming face-to-face and just a few inches away from the guy her thoughts had been filled with for the past week. 

"Honey." He lovingly greeted Y/N, his smile holding more of genuine happiness to it than mischief; something that became fairly common whenever he was around her. She twisted around in her seat to be able to face him, making him bend down to place his forehead on hers. "Missed me?" Jerome asked, bringing up the corner of his mouth into a small playful smirk.

"Yes." She responded, reaching up to close the space between them and plant a quick kiss on his soft lips. "I missed you a lot." Y/N added; although they had seen each other the day before, this was one of the few times they could actually see each other in here. The spontaneous yet loving act caught Jerome off guard, a pink-ish tint slowly creeping up on his cheeks. He stopped himself in the act of blushing and shook his head, jumping on the seat next to Y/N's. 

"Good." He sat up straight and fixed the wrinkled black and white striped shirt he was wearing, as if he was trying to make himself look more presentable - which was probably the case considering who he was talking to. His face rested on his balled up hand as he looked over at her. It'd be a lie if he said he hadn't developed some sort of attraction and small feelings for the girl sitting in front of him. She interested him, in ways no other could. Not just because she was crazy but her personality in general. 

Y/N spoke with such conviction, making him hold onto every word that spilled out of her mouth as if it was the up-most truth. She could tell him that they'd be out the next day and he knew a small part of him would leave her words at the back of his mind - wondering if maybe, just maybe, her words held some truth to them. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing, sometimes he actually enjoyed having someone to trust but that was only one of the things he adored about her in the gigantic mental list he had.

And god, it felt as if he was walking on water - more than usual - whenever he was in her presence. 

"Uh,"  He rapidly blinked when she waved a frantic hand in front of him, just a few centimeters away from his face. "Earth to Jerome. Are you there?" Y/N laughed, catching Jerome's attention after he had dozed off for a good two minutes, just staring at her. The sound of her laugh filling his ears made the big grin on his face reappear.

"I think I got lost looking at you." Now it was Y/N's time to blush. Jerome wasn't always that sweet - what can you really expect from a murderer - but when he was, it made Y/N's heart beat rapidly and her face to turn into a palette of reds and pinks; something she disliked, yet loved at the same time. 

"How cute." Y/N commented, the blush still sitting on the same spot on her cheeks; causing her 'tough yet exterior' to falter a bit. They were completely oblivious to the on lookers at Jerome's old table where Barbara was commenting on how cute they were while Aaron painted her toe nails a bright firetruck red color. 

But when Y/N did notice, it only made the pink on her face to grow into a deep shade of red. At the sight of her reddened face, Jerome turned over to look at where her gaze was directed at. "Ah, don't mind them, babe." Jerome waved them off, outstretching his hand on the metal table so it sat right by Y/N's. 

She took the hint and placed her hand on top of his, running a finger over his bruised knuckles. He got into a fight yesterday, of course, over a game of Candy Land; At least now Y/N was aware of how strongly he felt about cheaters. Did the man actually cheat? Who knows, but whatever he did that might have been seen as cheating pissed Jerome off. 

"This was kind of uncalled for, don't you think?" Y/N questioned him as she glanced down at the evidence of the fight. 

"I think he deserved it." Jerome shrugged, flashing a toothy smile at Y/N. "I mean, someone has to teach people not to cheat. Might as well do it if no one else taught him, ya know?" Y/N laughed at his shitty explanation and brought her other free hand to his face, pulling him closer to him.

"You are fucking crazy, J." Y/N whispered, his eyes never leaving her own. "But you're so cute." She went in for a kiss again and smiled when she ended it and his eyes were still closed with a smile still placed on his lips. It was a sight that definitely wouldn't leave her mind any time soon. 

::

Here's part two and I actually kinda love this one, in a way omg. By the way, does anyone watch Shameless (US) because I am so in love with Ian and Mickey's relationship tbh.