» hostage infatuation

hostage infatuation x jerome takes you as a hostage instead of bruce and falls for you

I quickly hurried down the hall I remember the dining room being in, stuffing all my makeup back into my black purse. I quickly glanced down at my phone for the time, noticing that I took five more minutes than I originally told my dad I would; now, let's just hope he won't be pissed.

In the extremely short time that I took my eyes off of where I was going, I ended up bumping into some random man with a top hat. "I'm so sorry." I quickly apologized to the suited person, as I took their outstretched gloved hand of help and stood up.

"No no, it was all my fault." He apologized, an extremely evident accent in his voice. The man stood there as I fixed my black 'party' dress, finally looking up at him when I was done. "But I'm glad I was able to bump into an extremely beautiful girl like you."

The random compliment made my cheeks flush a bit in embarrassment, not knowing how to react in the given situation. It wasn't something that happened a lot. "Y/N." I introduced myself to fill in the silence between us. "It's nice to meet you."

"Rodolfo." He nodded, holding on to the lapels of his jacket. "I'm, uh, filling in for the magician. I heard he just disappeared." He flashed his hands at the word disappeared, a hearty laugh accompanying his joke.

"Ah," I nodded, letting out a giggle while shifting my purse from one shoulder to the other, racking my brain for what to say next - something that would help me see him again. "I guess I'll see you in there, Mr.Magician?"

I guess tonight wouldn't be as bad as I thought.

"I'll make sure to look for you in the crowd." I saw him wink, but I almost missed it due to how low he had his hat pulled down and the mask he was wearing. "Beautiful flower for a beautiful girl." His hand reached inside his suit as he took out a hanker chief and tugged on it, revealing a red rose.

"Thank you." I took the flower from him and leaned down to smell it, the sweet smell of the rose hitting my nose. "I'll see you." We parted our own ways, with him heading in through the side while I entered through the front - passing a bored looking Bruce Wayne and his butler on the way. 

::

The whole show was filled with him flashing looks at me and me hoping my parents wouldn't notice them. If they did, I'm sure there would be a hell of a lot of questions despite the fact that I'm eighteen years old. Age just doesn't seem to matter to them.

"Some might say that Bruce has a split personality." The crowd, including my parents and I, laughed at the joke. The fear of him actually brutally slicing the pre-teen in half had subsided in the crowd when we saw him step out of the box in one piece and a smile on his face.

My face rested on my palm as I watched as Rodolfo grab the mic again. "...Harrison Kane." The deputy mayor stood up from the seat and looked around him, as the crowd erupted into clapping. His assistant walked over to Harrison's seat and helped him up while Rodolfo spoke into the mic again. "Also, I'd like to bring up the girl I met earlier, Y/N, to the stage."

My Y/E/C eyes widened when I saw him point over to my table and the spotlight landed on me. Dad shot me an angry confused look while my mom started overwhelming me with interrogatory questions.

"How on earth does that magician know your name, honey?" Before I could have a chance to answer my mom, his assistant was already bringing me up the stage with Harrison on her other side.