» mine

mine x you're very innocent and jerome feels the need to protect you 

Jerome walked into the poorly funded entertainment room the Asylum provided, his eyes searching for his own form of entertainment of the day among the group of 'crazies' in the blue filled room. His lips parted slightly as he whistled a familiar tune, walking into the room and looking around until his gaze landed on a particular scene. "Well," He raised his eyebrows in amusement, starting to make his way over to the scene. "I guess today's my lucky day."

His tongue ran over his light pink lips as he ran a hand through his naturally vibrant hair, mentally preparing how he planned on the scene ahead of him to play out. "Is there a problem here, folks?" His hand roughly pulled on the man's shoulder, forcing the man to look back at him and the girl he recognized from yesterday to look over at him with eyes that basically read 'help' in bed red letters. 'Interesting' He thought before proceeding to push back the man, not that hard though.

"Get out of my face, kid." The man spat, literally, at Jerome before going back to what had caught Jerome's attention; getting all touchy-feely with the girl despite her shy protests against it. At first he was slightly annoyed with his affections towards Y/N, but the disrespect towards him was what pushed him over the edge and caused him to throw his plan away - acting out of impulse instead.

"That doesn't really answer my question, buddy, but alrighty." If she wasn't already annoyed by the man, maybe she would've felt bad when she saw Jerome's balled up fist connect with his nose but the bloody mess didn't phase her as much as it should have. "Don't ever lay a hand on her ever again." The whole occurrence left her a bit startled as she glanced down at the man, fresh blood dripping out of his nose and Jerome just walking away; no explanation or anything about his actions.

::

"Yeah, baby." Y/N could feel her poor excuse of a lunch - a cold grilled cheese - churn in her stomach in worry when the weird man placed his arm around her shoulders. "I, uh, know a place where we can hook up." The man to her left continued with his stupid 'romantic' banter, trying to desperately persuade her that a hook-up would be a good idea; which he was doing a terrible job at considering the fact that she still had zero interest in him and his oh so secret 'place'. Instead, her interests were on someone else, someone who fit better into her age range.

"Yeah. I, uh, don't think she wants that bud, bud!" Y/N heard a familiar child-like voice mock the man from behind them, the sound of a hard slap accompanying it. Turning around in her uncomfortable metal seat, her eyes landed on the guy from earlier coming to save her again with his hand placed on the man's back. "Come on, Y/N." His fingers wrapped around her upper arm, pulling her out of the man's hold and over to an empty table; the back of her mind still wondering how he even figured out her name, she'd tried so hard to keep away from anyone who was too dangerous.

"Thank you." Y/N softly thanked him, rubbing the now reddening specks of skin on her arm from where he was tightly holding onto just seconds prior. "You're really nice for someone who's locked up in here, you know?" The corners of her lips drew back into a small smile, with Jerome mimicking her action but with his usual wide grin - an actual friendly one this time.

"And you're really innocent for someone who's in a criminally insane asylum, don't ya think?" He nodded over at her, his left eyebrow arched. "What are you in for, anyways? Murder? Drugs?" His voice came to an abrupt stop as he looked around the bland looking cafeteria with wide blue eyes, before focusing his attention back on her. "Cannibalism?" His voice was barely above a whisper, but Y/N heard it clearly; disgust filling her at the thought of eating another human being.

"No, no, and ew no."Jerome let out a laugh at her final reaction, still genuinely curious as to how someone like her had ended up in a beat-up place like this. Her hair loosely fell down her shoulders, pieces of it falling behind her when she pulled back and made a disgusted face at Jerome's last accusation. The idea was just too out there for her, the thought had never even crossed her mind at all.

"How about," Jerome looked up at the ceiling, acting as if he was in deep thought before looking back down at her. "When I get out of here-" Before he could finish giving her his proposition, she interrupted him.

"Don't you mean if?"

"No, no." Jerome waved her off, shooting her a crazy look at her words. He wasn't sure how, but he didn't plan on staying in this boring place any longer than he needed to. "When I get out of here, I'm taking you out with me." Confusion was written all over her face so he decided he should elaborate a little more on the idea. He leaned in, making her do the same until their noses were barely centimeters apart, so he could explain his plan. "You see, Y/N. If I'm gone, these cops won't give a damn if someone is bothering you. Who knows what'll happen if I'm gone and there's no one here to push these losers away from you."

Realization finally hit Y/N when she scoped the room out and noticed an array of things that the security should be stopping but they weren't for some unknown reason. Jerome's words finally let it dawn on her, that without someone like him, she'd be one of the problems the security would ignore. "You're right." She answered, falling into Jerome's make believe illusion. "You're sure you'll be able to take me with you?"

"I'll make sure of it."

::

Is anyone else taking PSAT tomorrow too because same and I HATE IT. Especially when you have a physics project and English midterm on the same day, like fuck school but don't fuck school at the same time.

Get your education, ok guys