Chapter 11

Wanting to go to the bathroom her eyes opened. She found herself caged in strong muscular arms. Her eyes landed on his wedding ring and immediately she knew who it was. Within seconds it all came back to her.

"What had she done?! What will he do with her once he gets up in the morning?!" The beating of her heart increased and a tear trickled down her face. His arm moved and he tightened his grip around her chest. She lay stiff for almost an hour when finally she decide to turn around.

As quietly as possible she moved and faced him. There was something about him which told her that he wasn't as heartless as he showed. Despite the hard exterior he portrayed, there was a man who had his own fears.

"Why are you doing this James.." Her mind question pleaded him with glazed eyes. She tried getting up but his grip tightened. Scared that he would wake up, she stopped moving and closed her eyes.

In the morning when James got up she was cuddled up against him. She had given into sleep in his arms last night. Her burgundy coloured locks rippled over his arm and onto the pillow, her soft skin and the touch of her dainty hand gave him a sense of belonging. His eyes sparkled with an emotion. This soft and tiny creature would stay with him for the rest of his life. In days for the first time he felt an overwhelming need to protect somebody with his life. And that somebody was his wife. Untangling himself he moved to take a shower.

Once out with a towel wrapped around his waist he looked at her. She was sleeping like a baby. He strolled towards the bed and lifted the duvet gently with one hand to caste a glance at her foot. It looked a little red and swollen around the edges of the bandage but was holding just fine.

Patrick got up in the morning and headed to the large hall. Shocked he saw broken pieces of glass, the silken robe which he recognised very well and lastly blood. Hurriedly he picked up the robe and as fast as his old legs could carry him ran to Sarah's room. His phone lay on the table which he picked up and then saw the neat bed.

"Did she run away? Master James would go beserk! But the blood...is she hurt? Where is she?"

He almost ran to Jame's room and knocked desperately. Still tying his tie James opened the door and looked at a bewildered Patrick.

"Patrick..what happened." He opened the door fully.

"Master James.." He huffed.

"Sarah.." He held out her cover up in his hands and immediately his eyes landed on the bed..and then on her sleeping form. He had come to love Sarah like his own daughter. He was worried about her genuinely when he saw the blood. James looked at the cover up and then followed his line of vision.

"She's fine." Jame's said.

Relieved Patrick let out a sigh and answered back. He was happy that the young couple were finally trying to find love in each other.

"Very well Sir. I'll get the breakfast ready." James nodded.

Buttoning up his cuffs he recalled.

"He forced himself on me James.."

Was she telling the truth? But he had seen it with his own eyes. And how will he find out about it now? There weren't any cameras or something in the room. But there was innocence in her voice. Definitely something could be done.

Once ready, picking up his phone he dialled a number. Shoving his hand in his pocket of his pant he stood looking out of the window. A voice crackled on the other side.

"Find out everything about Matt Clarkson."

Casting a last look at her he picked up his blazer and left the room closing the door behind him.