Chapter 10

With each passing second his anger increased. He had deliberately pulled himself out of her room before he did something he would later regret. All that his mind replayed were images of her on top of him...his hand on her thigh and her breasts almost spilling out and pressed to his chest. Shouting, his hand connected the vase on the table which went smashing down.

"She's the same! They are all the same!" He spoke through gritted teeth. Wanting to get rid of the feeling he entered the shower letting the hot water relax his tensed muscles.

.....

Late at night quietly she stood facing the bar at his house berating whether she should let her heart do the needful or not. Her bare feet padded across the hardwood floor to the bottles of alcohol. Her eyes wandered to the half empty bottle of whiskey lying before her. She thought again.

"It will hurt less...alcohol takes away the pain.." She whispered and encouraged herself.

She didn't drink..never had. Her idea of life had always been the vast meadows, the open sky and fresh air. Today she let her dark side overcome the good one. Finally she poured the drink in the glass.Her quivering hands bought the glass to her lips. The taste almost made her gag but nevertheless gulped the whole glass in one go. And then there was no looking back. Glass after glass she kept on drinking for almost thirty minutes until finally she reached her happy place. It didn't matter whether it hurt or not because she was numb. The silken cover up over her knee length lace nightie slipped from her shoulders and irritated she threw it onto the floor.

"What are you doing?!" Her eyes shot up to find her biggest nightmare standing in front of her. Those electrifying green eyes bore into hers with disgust and anger.

"Husband!" She shouted with a sarcastic glee.

She stumbled down from the stool making the glass fall in process and pieces of glass spread around. He took steps towards her and in turn she faltered back only to step over the glass which pierced her foot.

"Ah!" She cried with pain almost falling down.

"Sarah!" In no time he was in front of her holding her up to prevent further damage.

"You foolish girl! Are you alright?!"

It came back to her again and she felt her heart constrict with pain. Her lips quivered, more tears rolled down her face and his heart did a slight flip. She pushed him back to his astonishment. Limping aside she let out a sardonic laugh. Her foot bled profusely. She was a mess.

She stepped towards him and holding his hand she bought it to her chest and laid it flat over her heart.

"It hurts husband and I don't know how to make the pain go away." The wetness in her eyes increasing with every word. He stood in front of her and both of them just looked into each others eyes for the longest moment.

Controlling his anger he stepped towards her. Almost delirious she whispered something, loud enough for him to hear and elevate his anger.

"Matt.."She whispered furiously blinked her eyes to get rid of the dizziness. She would tell him that the bastard forced himself on her. Seconds and he closed the gap between them. Threading his hand in her hair he pulled her head forcefully back to gain her full attention making her scream in agony.

"You are my wife! Mine...mine alone! Do you get it?!"

All that he was trying to hold came undone and he crashed his lips to hers. The punishing kiss spoke it all...rage, lust, hurt. Six months and he hadn't laid a finger on her. Six months and he hadn't touched her. Biting her lips he forced his tongue into her mouth to explore what he had been craving for so long. Despite the alcohol she tasted heavenly. But more than lust it was the betrayal burning inside him. Her tiny hands tried to push him back but he didn't stop. The other hand wound around her waist and he plastered her to him.

She struggled hard but he didn't leave her lips. In fact he got more cruel making it hard for her to draw breath. She stopped struggling and that's when he broke apart. Almost losing consciousness she was about to crumble to the floor when he held her up breathing hard. Gritting his teeth he let go off her and her body slid down his legs and finally onto the floor. Sobbing she bowed her head and stayed rooted to her spot.

In anguish he left her there and stormed outside into fresh air. Fisting his hair with both hands he took deep breaths struggling for control. It was a good ten minutes after which he realized what he had done.

He hurried back inside to find her unconscious form lying on the floor. In no time he scooped her up and headed upstairs to his room. Placing her on the bed carefully, he looked at her. Lips swollen and bleeding, eyes red, running nose and trembling lips she looked into his eyes like a lost puppy. He rushed to the bathroom and took out the first aid box. Pulling a chair he sat close to the bed and gently took out the remaining pieces of glass from her foot making her squeeze her eyes in pain.

Regret...she clearly saw it in his eyes. But being the arrogant person he was she knew he would never apologize. The worst part of it all was that she was still ready to give him a chance.

Carefully he bandaged her foot and slowly her eyes drooped close. His mind comprehended...the cut was too deep and being diabetic she would take longer than usual for healing. He adjusted her on the bed pulled the duvet over her. Running his hand through his hair he sat on the leather couch for almost an hour on the side of the bed staring at her with a glass of bourbon in his hand.

Remorse brimmed his heart. "What had he done?!"

His eyes ran over her face and stopped over her lip witnessing the dried blood. Clenching his teeth he immediately got up and put antiseptic on a gauge piece. Stealthily, trying not to disturb her her cleaned the blood and the cut balancing himself on his knee on the bed. Her lips were still swollen and her face looked pale. All he did was curse himself.

Standing up he caste a long look at her again before pulling his t-shirt off. She was his wife. Quietly he slipped into the bed behind her and slid his arm beneath her head, letting her use it as a pillow. Lifting himself up he looked down at her sleeping form again. The red bruises given by him on her wrists stood out. Picking up her hands he kissed each wrist tenderly. In sleep she adjusted herself arching her body into his.

"He forced himself on me James.." She mumbled in sleep. His eyes widened and he swore he would find out the truth.

Her dainty hand made way  upwards on the bedsheet and interwined itself with his which was beneath her. She calmed him down. He settled back on the bed spooning himself with her leaving no space between them.

As she glued her tiny body to his, her back to his front, his heart roared with possessiveness. In whatever circumstances she was forced to marry him she belonged to him. He wouldn't let her go anywhere. He burried his face in her hair taking in her familiar lavender scent.

Like they say, she was poison to his heart and he was chaos to her mind but she was his, forever and always.

Authors Note:-

Thanks to each one of you who is reading. Means so much to me!

I read the 'last quote' somewhere. I don't know who wrote it, but the credit entirely goes to them. I thought it fit perfectly here!

At times while choosing between what is right and wrong the right choice turns out to be the wrong one. I lost a very close friendship of mine almost a year back. Sometimes you forget to tell people you love about how much you exactly love them and there is just regret later. I miss everything about you...your wierd haircut, you perfect set of teeth, your warm hands and the fact that you were there with me. I wish things were different today but you'll always be there in my heart : )

I had some questions :-

1.) I would really love for you to tell how the story is going? Is there something you would like for me to add or something?

2.) Are you alright with the names of the characters and the places being talked about or shall I change them to something. My only problem is that if I change their names I'll have to change everything...because the settings, the places and all won't be the same then. But still I want your views : )

Would love to hear from you.

xoxo Lily <3

October 15th, 2015