Chapter 7

In a fleeting second, all the self pity vanished and she snatched her hand away from him. Chest heaving and hands fisted she spoke loudly.

"Stop with your manhandling. Tell me what do you want?!" She said straightening up.

Furious he held her hand again to make her accompany him. She dug her heels on the floor and before he could turn around raised her left hand to slap him. In an instant he grabbed her hand mid air and backed her up to the wall.

"Don't!" He said with his face inches apart from her.

"Why are you doing this?" She spoke with tears shining in her eyes. His eyes softened for a moment but the softness disappeared as soon as it appeared.

Taking long strides and with her almost stumbling after him, he reached her father's isolated room and kicked the door open once the two guards gave him space.

Snatching the gun from one of the guards he aimed it at her father.

"No!Stop!" She cried out loud.

He unlocked the safety of the gun. She fell down on her knees and screamed.

"Please James...I'll do anything you want! I promise..I promise!"

All that was heard was his heavy angered breathing and her sobs.

"Get up." He commanded.

Like some automated toy she got up clumsily. Nausea hit her immediately and before she could fall he caught her. She opened her eyes tiredly and met his. Looking deep into them again she saw it.

Hatred but with remorse.

Steadying herself she created space and bowed her head in exhaustion.

...........

It was rare that James Wayne hosted an event let alone a lavish party. Businessmen and high profile dignitaries from all over England were invited. Alcohol and food flowed in and out freely. Holding her hand possesively he strolled through the crowd talking to people.

She was like some fresh piece of meat who was the centre of attraction. With news reporters clicking frequent pictures of her with him and all eyes on her she felt uncomfortable.

Everybody was aware of his anger and the fact that he didn't explain his actions. Nobody dared ask him who the girl with him was.

"James! How have you been?" A beautiful tall woman approached them. Sticking her scantily dressed body to his for a little longer she hugged him and then kissed his cheek.

Sarah was forced to bend her head down and take a look at the black gown which adorned her body. James had personally chosen, as Patrick had informed her, the first dress which she ruined completely in the bath tub. She felt repulsed. Maybe he chose this woman's dress too and who know how many others!

"You aren't a part of them, neither this place nor this monster! You need a plan. You have to find a way to get out of this place. Then you shall contact the police and free your father and Peter from this prison." She mentally made up her mind.

She knew she couldn't potentially just run because if he came to know about the same he would kill her father and harm Peter. She had to escape his mansion without him acknowledging the fact and then come back with the police.

Only if she knew it wasn't that easy!

Lost in her thoughts she didn't comprehend the woman's hand extended towards her and his grip on her hand tighten unimaginably making her squeeze her eyes shut with pain.

"Eva! Meet my.." He smirked looking at her.

Sarah gulped in hard knowing the humiliation she would have to face. But he shocked her.

"Sarah. Sarah Welch."

"Guess you have a dumb one out there James. Or did she forget her name?" She mocked running her finger over his blazer. He held her hand and almost threw it away from him.

"She's much more darling and you'll come to know soon." He seethed with anger.

He caste a look of disapproval at Sarah and pulled her with him. Before he could head towards the centre, a lean and tall man stood in front of him.

"Mr. Wayne!" He greeted him. In a synchronized manner his eyes landed on Sarah and then her hand intertwined with that of James.

"David.." She whispered with pain.

"Mr. Wright! Hope you are enjoying yourself. I'm sorry but please excuse us." He said possesively pulling Sarah to his side.

Her eyes never left David's. Even when she was being pulled, she turned her head back and saw the broken expression on his face which completely broke her in return.

"Ladies and getlemen!" James grabbed everybody's attention.

"First I would personally like to thank each one of you for taking out the time to come to my house today! It's definitely an exceptional day. Today calls for special celebration for we are here to announce the merger of Wayne and Welch enterprises." He smiled in triumph.

Sarah's eyes widened and her head turned towards him.

"So all this was for the firm? The money?" She thought.

"Also please allow me to introduce.." All eyes turned to Sarah.

"My future wife...Sarah Welch!"

For a moment she couldn't comprehend. He had wanted her to become his 'mistress'. Why was he playing her?! But then after a few seconds, reality dawned upon her as she whispered the word -

"Wife".

Her entire world collapsed. She would be his slave for eternity.

Author's Note:-

Thank you readers.

This is for those who are still worried and sending all those heart warming messages. I'm not giving up on my books. Even if there is just one person reading I will continue writing :) Just that a lot has happened in my life recently and that I'm still adjusting to it.

Also I'm trying to reply to each one of you with whatever time I get and if I'm late I'm sorry.

Please expect the updates to be slow.

Tell me about it. Eagerly waiting to hear back from you.

Comment!

xoxo Lily<3