Chapter 4

Trembling Sarah clutched the sheets tighter with her hands. She couldn't understand anything. Her brain refused to comprehend that whatever happened today was the truth. One night and her entire world came crashing down.

Her clothes lay torn on the floor. Even if she wanted to escape she wouldn't be able to without anything to wear. Letting out an anguished sigh she let tears flow out freely. The pounding pain in her head forced her to squeeze her eyes shut. Her fingers felt the raised wound on her forehead. Falling back on the bed she allowed exhaustion to take over and welcomed a restless sleep.

Once in his room, James was out of control. His nerves burnt with exasperation and fury. No matter how much he tried he couldn't control his emotions. His only way of venting his pent up feelings was destroying whatever was in front of him. Like some volcano erupting out he screamed and knocked the chair which toppled over.

Bewildered Patrick stood outside his master's room waiting patiently for the crashing to stop. He had never seen James like this before. Almost after an hour he heard no noise and knocked his door.

"Master James? Can I come in?" Despite the uncertainty he butler spoke calmly.

Without waiting for an answer he opened the door to find the room totally ruined. Pieces of glass lay scattered, the table and chairs fallen down, the bedsheets crumbled and the paintings all broken. Everything was a ruckus.

"Is everything alright, Sir?" He mustered the courage to ask.

His eyes travelled to the bloodied hands of his master. Clenched into tight fists with his teeth gritted he took a deep breath.

"Arrange for some clothes for the girl."

Patrick simply nodded.

"Your hands Sir, they are bleeding..."

"She's diabetic. Get a doctor to arrange for her insulin shots." He continued without paying heed to what the old man in front of him was saying.

"I shall get something for your hands. There's a lot of blo..."

"Do as I'm saying!" He bellowed forcing the butler to shut his mouth.

Obeying quietly he started moving outside to arrange for what his master had asked for.

"Patrick, she's hurt. Look after her." He says solemnly.

"Yes Sir."

His mansion was huge. Situated on the other side of the forest it gave him the privacy to deal with his business without an hinderance. It was built lavishly and money was never an issue to him. He was a well known and the most sought after businessman to be on the front page of newspapers and the cover pages of popular magazines. But he never liked the publicity and kept himself in the shadows. His life was a big mystery which everybody wanted to unravel.

Wayne enterprises was the leading steel company in England. He had worked hard to reach where he was today. At a young age of 26, the CEO he had attained the power anybody would crave to have. From the look of it he had everything - money, power and respect. Not to forget perfect looks and a handsome face over which girls drooled. But still there was a void. Something was missing which his heart yearned for desperately.

Pouring himself a glass of whiskey he drowned himself in grief at the bar at his home. That's where Patrick saw him when he was completely wasted. Giving him a shoulder, he almost dragged him to a new room and tucked him to sleep as if he were a baby.

The next morning, faint noises in the room forced Sarah to open her eyes painfully. Her head was ready to burst. Memories from the previous night came flooding her mind. She shot up ignoring the pain only to remember that she didn't have clothes on.

Squinting her eyes she covered herself with the duvet and looked at two men standing beside her bed. Both of them, fairly old, smiled gently at her.

"Miss Sarah..how are you feeling?" Patrick questioned.

She gulped nervously.

"Child, let me have a look at your wounds and then I'll give you your insulin shot. You can then eat something after 15 minutes or so." The other man whom she thought would be a doctor spoke.

Terrified she just blinked back thinking how did they know that she's a diabetic. Without making a fuss she let the doctor do his duties and then watched him leave the room.

"I've set up your wardrobe Miss Sarah. You can find your essentials inside. I'll arrange for your food ma'am." Before Patrick left he heard her whisper.

"Please let me go.." Sadly he looked back at her and left the room defeated.

Ignoring the pain she got up and hurried to the wardrobe. To her surprise it was stacked with the latest and the most expensive brands. When she wore a simple white top and pajamas she was astonished to see that they fit her perfectly. Going inside the bathroom she brushed her teeth and washed her face. Determined not to stay here even for a second she moved outside adamantly.

Outside Patrick had bought food for her and on the bed lay a turquoise colored dress with beautiful ematalds studded on the low neckline.

"Miss here's your food. Master James expects you to eat and get ready as soon as possible. The guests are about to arrive."

"Guests?" She queried.

"Yes. For the evening party."

"Evening?"

"Oh! You slept almost the entire day Miss Sarah. It's almost 4 p.m." He smiled while leaving.

Her eyes widened.

"James." She whispered with hatred. So that's his name she pondered.

She hadn't forgotten about the night. Her eyes filled up and she looked at the dress with distaste. Angrily she snatched it from the bed and fisted the material. Letting a part of it trail behind her she banged the bathroom door open and threw it in the bath tub. Turning in the tap on she allowed water to fall over it ruining it completely.

"I'm not wearing this stupid dress or going to some stupid party. I'm getting out of here." With a triumph filled smile she folded her hands and turned around only to meet her biggest nightmare. Her face paled and she shivered at the site.

His eyes dark with fury he stood fisting his hands at the bathroom door.

Author's Note:-

Check out the hottie!

Tyler Hoechlin as James Wayne

Comment!

xoxo Lily<3