Chapter 1 {{~My Life~}}

Start from the beginning

"You better hold him." She warned when she walked into my room. I brushed her comment aside.

"What do you want?" I said in a dry voice, similar to hers. I don’t like her and she definitely doesn’t like me, we both know that.

"Well I heard you scream so I’d come to check if...” There was a small silence like she was choosing her words carefully. 

"…if something was wrong." She finished off unsurely. 

"Why do you care?" I snapped back. She was wasting her energy trying to act like she cared for me.

Benjy growled deeply, as if he could sense my anger.

She shuffled backwards slightly through the doorway, too scared to come closer.

"Keep that dog under control." She said back, never taking her eyes off him.

There was a silence in the room; I saw that she was uncomfortable. 

I could see her gritting her teeth, as if she was going to lie through them again. 

"You know I do care about yo-"

"No you don’t." I cut her off, just as I thought, another lie.

"If you really did care, then that accident wouldn't have happened to me, it’s your entire fault." I accused darkly.

Benjy had his hackles raised now, bending his back legs as if he was about to pounce off my bed, but I held him just in time and placed him back onto my lap again.

There was a deadly silence in the room again, it’s only a matter of time before she snaps, I thought while I was glaring at her, daring her to come closer.

I then saw a glint in her eyes.

"Humph, for my part, you could have stayed there, your useless anyways, you’re giving me trouble, you pain in the ass." My mom sneered, finally giving up and showing her true face.

I already know her for 17 years to know that the charade she tried to pull off was the longest so far – a personal record.

Since I was young she treated me like trash, she wasn’t the mother that a kid needed or wanted, she was always late at home, I didn’t see her much, and she never had time for me, until now she only showed a little bit pity because of what had happened to me.

I laughed with no humor; I don’t need pity from her...

I looked down at Benjy who still had his eyes watching every movement my mom made.

An evil grin crept onto my face. My mom noticed it and took a step back, like she knew that I was going to do something.

"Get her!" I yelled at Benjy. He bounded off the bed in no time and ran to where my mom was.

But she was out of my room just in time, slamming the door shut on time before Benjy was through.

Benjy came back with a disappointed face and his tail down. "It’s okay Ben, you did good." I said with small smile on my face, he could always lighten up my mood with the stuff he did for me.

He jumped on my bed again and lay down on my lap. I stroked him gently again and looked at the clock.

5:00am

I sighed again for the millionth time, I know for sure that I can’t fall asleep now after that bad nightmare, so I decided to go take a long shower and get ready for school.

*

"Benjy! I’m going to school!" I yelled, standing by the door waiting for him.

I heard his paws coming this way; he ran into the hall with his tail swinging happily and stopped right in front of me.