Chapter 1 {{~My Life~}}

Start from the beginning

Then, as the last faint spot of light was engulfed into the surrounding darkness, an excruciating pain like no other shot through me.

As quickly as it had come, my mind went blank and I was gone.

*

I felt something wet on my cheek.

I tried to open my eyes but my body wouldn't listen...

I felt it again, except it was stronger and more insistent than before, like someone was licking me... Someone...

Then his disgusting grin flashed through my mind again and my eyes shot open instantly. My heart throbbed and I gasped loudly, sweat easily making its way on my forehead.

I suddenly heard a bark and snapped my head to the left.

There was none other than my dog Benjy a King Charles spaniel puppy, happily wagging his tail.

I searched the room real quick to make sure I was in my room again. 

A relieved sigh escaped my lips after seeing my familiar plain violet wallpaper in my petite but cozy room.

Benjy jumped on my lap and licked my face in his way of comforting me.

I smiled halfheartedly, still feeling as vulnerable as I had been in the dream.

"OK, OK, I’m fine don’t worry." I chuckled, gently pulling him down on my lap.

I just had that nightmare again

I sighed in despair, of course I did, otherwise Benjy wouldn't be here, and neither would I....

My faint smile vanished and a shiver ran through down my spine when I thought of where I could have been...I could have been... "By him...” I whispered breathlessly, burying my face into Benjy’s fur as unshed tears began to creep into my eyes.

It had been awhile since I had this kind of nightmare. 

I hoped it would stop now, but I also knew it wouldn't.

I will never forget how he’d just stolen my innocence… it was like a scar engraved deep into my soul and heart, one that I will never forget no matter how much I wanted to.

I snapped to the door in shock when I heard a sharp knock on the door.

Benjy barked and ran to the door in his protecting mode.

A sad smile tugged at my lips, as Benjy growled, daring her to come closer. Benjy was like my faithful little guardian, and I loved him for that.

"Michelle?" I heard my ‘mom’ say behind the door. I could hear nervousness and fear in her voice, but she quickly composed herself.

"Get that dog away from the door." My mom ordered in a serious tone.

I sighed. "Fine..."

"Benjy, here boy." I said sweetly, he ran happily to me and leapt effortlessly onto my bed and sat on my lap again. 

I stroked his long fur gently. He listens to me very well.

My mom doesn’t like him - she thinks that he will bite her, but he just protects me from other people and he doesn't like my mom because she once hit me and kicked him too.

So I can’t blame him for that.

"Is he gone?" My mom asked, her voice unfamiliar to her usual cold voice, still waiting behind the door.

"Yeah yeah." I muttered annoyed, but loud enough for her to hear.

The door opened slowly, making sure that Benjy was gone.