Chapter 11

I ran outside and saw Hayes on the ground. I ran over to him...
    " oh my gosh Hayes! What happened???"
   I asked worried.
  He started laughing.
    " I came outside to get you some flowers to surprise you... And I ran into the little shelf on the side of the shed and all the paint buckets fell and one hit me on the foot."
   He said giggling. 
I pulled him up and we both laughed. He kissed me on the forehead and we went back inside.
   Lyndsey and Nash came downstairs and we're talking about the movies they watched. Lyndsey leaned up against the doorway and Nash kissed her on the cheek and walked her to her car.( in this book Lyndsey is 16 and Nash is 17 and Sydney and Hayes are 15)
     Nash winked at me before walking out and I went into the kitchen.
   ( also Sydney has an older sister that I just forgot to mention in the beginning but her name is Hailie and she's 20)
    Elizabeth ran into the kitchen...
  "Sydney come with me! Hayes get Skylyn and Nash we have to go!"
    She yelled. She quickly grabbed her coat and then stopped when she saw me looking at her.
    "Where are we going?"
I asked worried
    " I will explain in the car but we have to go now."
    She said.
  I grabbed my coat since it was chilly outside and ran to the car with Elizabeth Hayes and Skylin. One everyone was buckled she started driving.
    " okay so, I was at your house with your aunt, and we were just talking and then all of the sudden she started shaking and fell to the ground. I called the paramedics and they took her to the hospital. They said she could have had a heart attack but we don't know."
   She said out of breathe from running.
  Tears started rolling down my face.
     "Stop the car."
I said calmly.
    We were at a back road so Elizabeth did so.
   "Why did you tell me to--"
  I opened the door and got out.
     I started running as fast as I could to the hospital. I know that we were going to the hospital but I didn't want Skylyn to be upset and I didn't want anything but for my aunt to be okay. So I ran.
  ---------Hayes' pov-------------
      Sydney got out of the car and started running. I looked at my mom for permission.
   "Go."
She whispered.
    I got out of the car and started running after her. I knew I would catch her so when I got close I slowed down just a bit. I grabbed her shoulder and turned her around.
    " Hayes I just want to get to my aunt."
  She said breathing heavily.
    " I know, but I want to be with you. Just in case..."
   My voice trailed off at the end.
  She once again started running and then fell down to her knees.
    I picked her up and put her on my back. I ran back to the car and we drove to the hospital. She sat in the waiting room with us and she was out of breathe. One of the nurses brought her an oxygen mask just to make sure she had enough oxygen so she wouldn't pass out or anything.
    When she was fine again the nurse took the oxygen mask and said...
   " your fine now, but you might want to see a doctor about the possibilities of having asthma."
   She smiled and went back to the counter.
    Sydney's aunts nurse came out...
   " your aunt... Did not have a heart attack..."
..........Sydney's pov..........
   " but she, had a stroke. We just got her stable and she's on morphine for now but you can go see her soon."
   I started to calm down a little because she's okay. Hayes hugged me and we were both soaking wet since it was raining, but I was still happy.
    All of the sudden I saw some nurses running down the hall and an alarm went off. I stood up to look and they we're all going into my aunts room. I ran to her room but they pushed me back. I was crying and I knew what was happening.
   (Flashback)
"Mommy? Are you okay?"
     Hailie was crying and she was on the phone with the ambulance.
    "Sweety I love you."
My mom said before going unconscious.
    "Mom!"
Hailie screamed
     " please hurry! We are 568 N. Lakensville street!"
   Haikie screamed into the phone.
    (I made up the address)
        ....fast forward 3 days....
   " if you would please sign here?"
Hailie signed a paper and we hugged our mom goodbye.
    Hailie and I were both crying as the nurse unplugged everything one by one. She unplugged the oxygen machine last and my mom took her last breathe before falling Into an eternal sleep.