Chapter 7: Extra Terrestrial News

Quinn woke up the next morning feeling refreshed and happy, his mum was so happy to hear the news that him and Tom had told her yesterday and Michael said he would be able to talk to the boss to fit her in.
He looked at his phone squinting his eyes as the bright screen flashed on, he rubbed his eyes before looking at the time. 10:34. He threw the covers off him and walked out downstairs, already he could smell the delightful smell of bacon and sausage.
"Morning mum." Quinn said happily as he walked into the kitchen.
"Morning Quinn, how many pieces of toast do you want?" She asked him flipping the eggs over with spatula.
"Just one piece mum, I don't want a lot to eat today I want to got out for a run after." Quinn replied turning the TV on.
"I might give Tom's dad a ring later and see if I'll be able to start my first shift on Monday." She said swiping a piece of her blonde hair out of her face.
"Mum, you do know Mr Clarke hasn't sorted it out with the boss yet, it could take a bit of time and paper work." Quinn said.
"I know Quinn. I just want to earn money now, I need a job to pay the rent." She sighed.
"I know mum, you will get that job, meanwhile I think I should start a Saturday job." Quinn suggested.
Quinn's mum turned away from the frying pan to face Quinn.
"Quinn, your in the middle of exams, isn't studying and work going to be too stressful?" She asked.
"No, I've got it all worked out, I get up at 8:00 in the morning I will have my breakfast then go out for a run, come back and get ready for work. Easy." Quinn said happily.
"Well of it's really what you want to do, then fine, it's your life Quinn." Quinn's mum said.
Quinn smiled, if it meant helping his mum then that's what he must do.

"DAD! WHAT THE HELL GIVE ME THE REMOTE, I WANT TO CATCH UP WITH THE NEXT STEP!" Clara yelled angrily at her dad.
"You want to catch up with what?" Tom asked as he came in the room.
"The next step! That dancing programme." Clara told her older brother.
Tom yawned.
"Snooze fest."
"It's not! You've not even seen it, so don't judge it like that!" Clara snapped.
"No arguments with me little tiger." Tom said putting his hands up for defence walking over to the kettle.
"Clara, let me just watch the news first." Michael said grabbing the remote.
"No! The news is a load of crap, The next step has a lot of drama going on at the moment and it's getting really good so give me the remote NOW!" Clara demanded clawing at her dad to grab the remote.
"What's going on in here then?" Ursula asked as she heard all the commotion.
"Gran! Tell him! I want to watch the next step and dad won't give me the remote he wants to watch the news!" Clara explained irritated.
"Really Clara, Michael, both of you fighting over the remote." Ursula said.
"Gran, dads being selfish." Clara told her gran folding her arms in frustration as the news came on.
"Clara. Your arguing with your father like a 5 year old." Ursula sighed walking into the small kitchen area.
As Michael smirks getting comfy on the sofa while Clara sits defeated in a strop the news reader starts speaking.
"Top story, NASA may have found traces of alien life in the solar system."
Tom stops and stares at the TV his mouth opening slightly.
"For many years, scientists have tried to find new ways of finding other life on planets, this could finally be there lucky break." The news reader continues.
Clara sits up alarmed her eyes as wide as saucepans.
"This is madness, isn't the nekross supposed to be hidden on the dark side of the moon." Michael said baffled.
"Well the technology they have now Michael...no wonder they've spotted those aliens now." Ursula said.
Michael sat up uneasily on the sofa.
"Well of course, it's the 21st century I mean we have nuclear weapons that could destroy planets." Michael stated.
"Oh well done." Clara said scornfully. "Look we all knew this was coming! So dad can I have the remote?!"
"Clara, are you taking this any seriously?" Michael asked raising his voice a little.
"There's no point, Varg, Lyzera and that hyperactive moron they call Eelix deserve everything they get." Clara said agitated.
"She's got a point, why should we pay any attention to them? After the hell they've caused in the past. They deserve to meet their fate." Tom said chuckling slightly.
"Hey Tom, why don't we take a trip down to NASA and say 'hey, I know these ugly freaks, do what you want them as long as we get to watch the show' wouldn't that be cool?" Clara suggested.
"Yeah, we could give them a whole speech about how they should pick their enemies carefully because they could of chose the wrong path..." Tom said to her.
Clara laughed.
"And then we could buy ready salted crisps from tesco what that other alien Jammo or Jathro whatever you wanted to call him had and force Varg and Lyzera to eat every crum."
Michael and Ursula kept watching the two siblings in horror, yes it was good that the aliens were exposed but torturing them or experimenting on them or even killing them was never an option, no matter how angry the siblings got.
"Enough!" Ursula demanded making the two siblings immediately stop talking about the aliens and NASA and what they were planning to do to them, and stare at her in shock.
"Do you think for one second that this was going to make the situation any better?!" Ursula yelled.
Clara glanced at her older brother.
"We don't shed blood." Ursula said.
"We weren't saying that we were just..." Clara soon got interrupted.
"Clara! NASA could do anything to them when they get there hands on them, torturing them, experimenting on them...you two are just rubbing it all in their faces...you'll be just as bad as them!" Ursula said raising her voice.
Clara stared down at her feet her face full of guilt but Tom was still excited at the fact that the nekross had been exposed and still rambled on.
"Gran? Aren't you glad that the nekross are finally exposed at last! Freedom!" He said excitedly.
"No Thomas! Your acting like a child." Ursula spat out.
Tom shook his head walking out of the room singing a random tune and shouting 'freedom' on the top of his voice.
Clara laughed at his actions but soon stopped when Michael stared at her angrily.