still the prologue, isn't it?

(author note: welcome!! If you're reading this, then I'm slowly rewriting this whole thing! So if you've read this before, keep an eye out because there might be some changes to the preexisting chapters and probably 3 or 4 entirely new ones! And if anyone wants to help me write a demigod au.... message me pls)

--

Anthony is just about your average high school student. He's in the eleventh grade, he has his friends, his hobbies, and he also has a good family.

Anyone who has ever met him would say that he's a good guy with a bit of an ego, sometimes he can be an asshole, but in the end it was pretty easy to like this guy. His friends all agreed that even though he wasn't always the smartest thing ever, he surely had his moments.

The thing is, however, that anyone who's ever known Anthony would also agree that sometimes, he just shuts himself off from the world. Nobody's ever known why, but there are times where he'll lock himself in his room with his laptop and stay in there for the next week and a half. Of course, he'd come out for food and water, but if he did, you'd never get a word out of him

His friends would worry about him during these times, and Anthony would only laugh, smile, and say that he's fine.

It was hard to tell if he truly meant it or not.

To be quite honest, Anthony didn't even know himself. He wasn't sure if he was sad or depressed, or if it was just him needing some time alone. It wasn't that he hated people, it was just that he liked hiding alone in his room sometimes. As embarrassing as it was, it was the truth and that's all he could say.

Well... Not exactly.

There's one other thing he needs to say.

"Smarty?"

"Yeah?" John turned towards Anthony, a big grin plastered onto his face from the stupid joke he had made.

"Shut up." Anthony hissed, shoving his hand into the other's face to cover up his mouth.

John just giggled and pushed the hand away. "Come on, Chilled, you gotta-"

"-Please don't, Smarty, I swear to fuc-"

"-You gotta chill out, dude!"

Before Smarty could speak up again, Anthony stood up and began walking away, ignoring the laughter coming from behind him.

"Dude, where you going?" Tom's snickering is impossible to miss, and it only pushes Anthony further into his little hole of anger.

"Im going to the library, because you fucks are being assholes!" Anthony was out the door before anyone could call him out on overreacting. Yes, it was true, but at this point he couldn't care less.

Smarty and his puns were too much to handle. Life, in general, was too much sometimes. He hadn't really slept last night because of some dog next door, he hadn't eaten breakfast because it was gross, and he hadn't even been able to eat his lunch in peace.

What a shitty day. At least he can calm down in the library before class-

Was that the bell just now?

Whatever. Art wasn't too bad of a class, anyways.

He was late to art, but that's okay.

Joyful day he was having, wasn't it?

Wandering through the halls, Anthony quietly wondered how the hell one day could go so damn wrong. This seriously had to be some kind of world record he just broke. There's no way anybody has done worse than he did. There's also no way this day could get any-

"Oh, fuck!"

"Oh! I-I'm so, so sorry! I- uh, I...."

Anthony's mind blanked out for a second. He had successfully managed to run into the only other person walking in the hallway.

Looking up at him was a boy with the biggest, most beautiful green eyes he's ever seen. The mystery boy runs a hand through his mess of curls that, mind you, look impossibly soft, and he begins to pick up the mess of papers that Anthony dropped.

Anthony quickly joins him on the floor, grabbing whatever he can. As he's giving the papers back, their hands touch and Anthony can feel how cold the boy's hands are. They're also kinda small, and the perfect size for Anthony to hold all day long.

Their eyes meet, for maybe a split second, as Anthony smiles and nods a quiet "thank you," to the boy.

As the green-eyed cutie walks away, Anthony rubs the back of his neck and gives a sigh.

He's fucked.

In every possible way, Anthony is fucked thanks to the cute boy with the pretty eyes.